Botted and Banned within 24 hours

codyisasparky

I am new to botting and the whole java script world. Yesterday I took my first attempt at botting and botted for a better half of the day, went to log on this morning and was banned. I recieved a message from Jagex and attached a picture below which states they detected I was using a client or 3rd party software. How would they know Im not using the client they provide? Also I should add... I was baby sitting my account the whole time it was botting.. talking to people, changing up skills, selling at GE... Is it because I was usuing "stealth injection" instead of "mirror mode"? Im looking to learn more about this, like how they detected me and what steps I can do to stay under the radar. All the scripts I were using were free.. I am willing to pay for them but I need to learn more about botting and what I was doing wrong.

https://www.imgur.com/a/4m9vUgP

Edited by codyisasparky

5 minutes ago, Night said:

To sum it up:

• You botted much too long
  • Free scripts are used a lot more and therefore are more likely to be detectable
  • Jagex saying you used 3rd party client/software just means they detected a bot, not necessarily the game client
  • Babysitting the account doesn't help unless the script was getting stucl

I figured maybe the time spent botting was too much and likely where I got caught, So Paid Scripts are the way to go and botting for less than 2-4 hours a day? I guess if you bot... what would you consider safe measures? Thank you for your feed back, I appreciate it!

Edited by codyisasparky

27 minutes ago, codyisasparky said:

I figured maybe the time spent botting was too much and likely where I got caught, So Paid Scripts are the way to go and botting for less than 2-4 hours a day? I guess if you bot... what would you consider safe measures? Thank you for your feed back, I appreciate it!

paid script?

Sure, if you just need it for the convenience, otherwise I'd go a step further, and purchase a private script from someone personally. That is so there not a mass amount of people using the same script with the same movement as everyone else. Of course this is pricier but worth it for the extra security. Ask yourself whats your account worth and then ask yourself what would make me look less bot like, im sure your common sense will kick in and tell yourself to slow down. 

Jagex has a mean bot detection, and probably gets better slowly with every other update. So switch it up, find/identify common mistakes you might be risking every time you bot, and prepare for the worst. its always a risk, otherwise dont bot, not to sound snobby.

learn the system, then fuck it up. Humbly of course 

How do I bot correctly? --"you just gotta learn how to bot right"

K. 

I'm sure you'll realize that noone will actually help you because they don't want their methods to be exposed and open themselves up to a ban. I've had experience suicide botting accounts for weeks, i've also had stuff get banned after 2 hours of agility. 

Some things to keep in mind:

Does it look normal for a person to be able to prayer flick every time correctly for 3 hours straight at NMZ? Does it make sense that an account that doesn't use hotkeys to switch between tabs in your inventory/pray/spellbook all of a sudden uses these like a pro for 2 hours straight? The same with chat options- do you usually click options or use 1,2,3 space, etc.? When you play your account are you ADHD and can't grind out a skill legit for more than 30 mins? if so, would it make sense for this account to all of a sudden have the diligence of a bloodhound and powermine ore for 6 hours? 

What I usually aim for is minimizing the bot's interaction in game. The less actions, the less likely they'll mess up or be detected. Sure you might lose out on xp/hr if you set your bot up in a way that isn't maximally efficient, but which people can really legit grind stuff out for a 6 hour run? Also, if your bot has issues like it glitches and keeps clicking the same spot or repeatedly has a hiccup in pathing, that's another flag. Supposedly noone really knows how the detection system works (insert conspiracy about rs-osbot partnership here), but truthfully without bots the system would fall apart. Nobody would be able to do anything; fishing bots, potion bots, cooking bots, alching bots, combat bots-- all of these things are botted widely and continue to be for profit. If it wasn't profitable, then it wouldn't happen. That means that a way to bot safely, or at least profitably, exists- you just gotta find it. If you have infinite free time on your hands learn to script and write your own script, meaning noone else would have your same motions and they wouldn't ban you along everyone else doing the same pathing/interactions. The real winners are the script writers, we're just all the small time offenders picking up their scraps so we can fund our own habits.

Now that you've been banned, your IP may be flagged, and they will ban you quicker in the future. You can purchase Proxies, VPNs, or Virtual machines that give you new IPs, but beware that often times sites sell you reused ip's that have been flagged, or a VPN has a hub that is known for botters. Also be mindful of your interactions with the game when you have a vpn/proxy/virtual machine. If your flagged IP logs onto the account that you usually VPN/Proxy/VM, it might catch hot water cuz the ip has been flagged before. If i were to go back to having a bunch of bots, I'd create and set them all up on separate ip's, pay somebody $40 for a flawless basic script for an unpopular sub-tier method and run that. If you need suggestions, I've been looking at the Yanille agility dungeon's chaos druids, which requires 57 agility. There's also emblem farming which is popular. 

Good luck! 

• Like 2

Using Mirror Mode is better compared to stealth injection, however it doesn't mean you won't get banned. You should learn how to bot safely by reading threads and guides and do a lot of experimenting with your scripts. Don't bot on accounts you care about until you have gained enough experience to know what you are doing. If you want lesser ban rates use mirror mode and paid scripts. Private scripts are better than paid scripts but you should start with paid scripts not private ones. And remember, if you are botting, it means you will get the BANHAMMER sooner or later, there is no way around it. Steel your nerves and if you get banned, try again just smarter and safer each time.