Discord Unique ID & How to Avoid Imposters

Lost Panda

Discord Unique ID & How to Avoid Impostors

Introduction

In this little guide I'm going to show you how to get the unique ID of each discord user to avoid scammers & Impostors.
A Discord user's unique ID can NOT be changed by changing the username or the user tag (e.g. username#tag), which makes it a safe way to identify impostors & scammers, since no two users can have the same unique ID but they can have a similar username + tag combination.

1. Enabling Developer Mode:

Enabling Developer Mode is easy. Open your Discord settings (the cog icon next to your name at the bottom left) and click on Appearance. There you will find Developer Mode. Click the toggle to enable it.

Devmode Toggle

2. Getting the Unique ID:

Getting the unique ID of a user is pretty easy. After enabling Developer Mode, all you have to do from now on is to right-click the user and choose the 'Copy ID' option. Example of a unique ID: 237302465416921098.

YSNL5GO.png

• Like 4
  • Mald 1

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Dbuffed said:

I made a thread similar to this not long ago, got locked >.<

Not quite, you made a 5 mile long thread with 5 people tagged and you didn't get to the point. 

Thanks lost!

My advice is

Discord sucks don't use it to trade, to easy to impostor

Use OSBot Chat Box

Always request a pm from the user with the conversation included so that it can't be faked. 

• Like 2
  • Mald 1

29 minutes ago, Maldesto said:

Use OSBot Chat Box

Always request a pm from the user with the conversation included so that it can't be faked. 

I agree, discord does suck for impostors, quite annoying that not everyone understands impostor habits.

1 hour ago, Maldesto said:

Not quite, you made a 5 mile long thread with 5 people tagged and you didn't get to the point. 

Thanks lost!

My advice is

Use OSBot Chat Box

Im not with u on this one.
I was told when i was talking with someone in chat box to do it in pm.
If u take it to pm in chatbox and relog or disconnect or w.e all pm's dissapear (from chat box).
If u use forum pm u need to refresh all the time otherwise u wont notice if someone send u a pm (or there is an option for automatic notification that im not aware about).
So yes discord and skype can be used by imposters and osbot cant but the use of discord or skype is in my eyes way more user friendly (like i mentioned above) than osbot.

Both got ups and downs.

My way to avoid discord imposters is to have a talk with them on discord and pm eachother on osbot to make sure its the person ur talking with.

Edited by Jochem

• Token featured this topic
  • Token unfeatured this topic
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...