Questions on CLI

Kramnik

Hey,

right now I am switching my farm from normal mode to command line interface botting. Read through all topics on forum regarding this but still have some technical and misc question. Hope you could advice on this :)

First of all, sound silly but how do you stop a script? :D When I close the cmd the script still runs in background, so only if i kill task in task manager when the bot stops. 

Also would nice be to hear how do you manage your CLI farm. Tried using Explvs OSBot manager but doesnt seem to be working. So why I do at the moment is start cmd, copy-paste command-line run it, open another, change log-in, proxy etc. and run on other cmd. How do you guys make this process more efficient? :) Thinking maybe some excel macros could help, so it would be possible to created txt files through it so replacing accounts and proxies would be faster.

Furthermore, any one could share what impact of CLI had on their farm, how many accounts you could run normally and how many on CLI. 

And if anyone would have any questions regarding CLI feel free to ask, have been working on it all day, testing different things so we could talk about it :) 

1) System.exit(0) inside the script to kill it

2) A database is the best backend. Otherwise, a .csv file with email, pass, proxy ip, proxy port, etc and parse that. Then use Runtime to launch with the arguments.

3) CLI allows full automation. A huge impact. The number of bots you can run depends on specs, as CLI just launches an instance.

Edited by Naked

6 hours ago, Naked said:

1) System.exit(0) inside the script to kill it

2) A database is the best backend. Otherwise, a .csv file with email, pass, proxy ip, proxy port, etc and parse that. Then use Runtime to launch with the arguments.

3) CLI allows full automation. A huge impact. The number of bots you can run depends on specs, as CLI just launches an instance.

Regarding the first point. Yes I am aware of this, but i will only exit when script meets some condition. What about ending it while it is still running? :) The main issue if I see that one script is stuck but it still tries to run, I dont know how to shut it down expect the java process but how do you know it is the one when you have 30 javas running :D 

Edited by kramnik

1 hour ago, kramnik said:

Regarding the first point. Yes I am aware of this, but i will only exit when script meets some condition. What about ending it while it is still running? :) The main issue if I see that one script is stuck but it still tries to run, I dont know how to shut it down expect the java process but how do you know it is the one when you have 30 javas running :D 

Either grab the PID (process ID) from the script when its running, or the best scenario would be to create your own launcher that launches bots. Can use the Java Process API that's in Java 9. Additionally you'll need a way for your launcher to communicate with bots -  a Socket works great here, but there are other options.  Add in a database and you're good to go

37 minutes ago, Butters said:

Either grab the PID (process ID) from the script when its running, or the best scenario would be to create your own launcher that launches bots. Can use the Java Process API that's in Java 9. Additionally you'll need a way for your launcher to communicate with bots -  a Socket works great here, but there are other options.  Add in a database and you're good to go

Thanks! Will try dig dipper in to launcher making in future :) By saying "grab the PID" do you meant like writing it down or something with every new process or there is a smarter approach? :D 

3 hours ago, kramnik said:

So you want to manually close it? Does it become unresponsive (spamming NPEs and such)?

36 minutes ago, Naked said:

So you want to manually close it? Does it become unresponsive (spamming NPEs and such)?

Yes, want to be able to manually close some of the accounts if they get stuck or I want to mule. No It does not become unrespoinsive, it runs in background normally. So if you close the cmd that you started it just keeps on running. No commands work in that cmd line like -taskkill. Butters brought the answer to this as getting PID would solve this issue and also don't know why but yesterday Explvs bot manager was not working but seems to work today so my life will become much easier :D

11 hours ago, kramnik said:

Yes, want to be able to manually close some of the accounts if they get stuck or I want to mule. No It does not become unrespoinsive, it runs in background normally. So if you close the cmd that you started it just keeps on running. No commands work in that cmd line like -taskkill. Butters brought the answer to this as getting PID would solve this issue and also don't know why but yesterday Explvs bot manager was not working but seems to work today so my life will become much easier :D

You can use -debug (random number between 5000 and 10000) in the cli command which will then close the client when you close the terminal (or us CTRL + C)

• Heart 1