OSBot's mouse movement is easily detected

asdttt

@asdttt

I'm not sure this is relevant to this topic but I remember years and years ago when botting in OSRS was still in its infancy (first 12 months) there was a client that upon booting up the client, users could opt in to help their mouse algorithm by doing a quick 1 minute clicking test (similar to the ones used to build click accuracy). Once done, it would save a file to the users Documents folder and then there was a thread for the users to upload the document to. 

All of this was used to help develop human mouse movement for their client.

If OSbot implemented this, would this solve the problem?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi @asdttt . I found your views very interesting. You've provided some evidence that Jagex monitors:

i) Mouse movements.

ii) Jagex would monitor click->release patterns.

iii) Jagex reaction times.

One problem I've noticed in the thread is that the pictures have expired. Would you be able to re-upload them or share in a way I could have a look?

Thanks!

On 4/7/2019 at 2:45 AM, Patrick said:

Not only did I already tell you I believe mouse movement can be used for detection - all be it only a very small part of the system -, I also told you it's something we're interested in changing and are discussing. From months of testing I can confirm that you can bot without getting banned when botting 4+ hours almost everyday, when only using the OSBot API.

any update

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thread has brought a lot of confirmation to what I've spent the last few weeks mulling over. Even down to the recording of movements to compare against the client's mouse movement and attempting to see if the client's mouse movement can easily be identified. Always suspected mouse movement was sent to the server, but never came across any physical proof until reading this thread.

There's a project we'll call "Cat and Mouse" that I've been thought experimenting with for a while to help with this *exact* problem. While part of me has been wanting to keep it to myself I think I'll share here where it feels most relevant and maybe even open source it at some point if it makes sense to. Recording mouse data on a large scale is difficult (consent, incentive, etc) so the point of this project would be to do it in both an ethical and incentivized manner.

Basically, there are 3 objectives to "Cat and Mouse".

1. Collect human mouse data (and maybe keyboard or other forms of behavior down the road) via a fun / incentivized game designed to create situations that affect behavior. Some examples would be size of click area, distance of movement, importance of accurate clicks, moving vs fixed targets, whether the movement is rushed, etc
  2. Create a bot that attempts to go undetected playing the game vs that large sample size of human data <---- Mouse
  3. Create a bot detection system that the bot is constantly trying to beat <---- Cat

With a large sample size of human data and several iterations of the bot detection system (via machine learning?) the bot should be able to get better and better at replicating human inputs (mouse, keyboard, etc).

I'm sure there's a lot more to it than just what I've described as "solving the problem" and I'm purposely keeping a lot of the more interesting bits to myself, but coming across this thread kind of sparked the need to share the idea :) 

Had been using Czar's perfect fighter for a couple months on and off and got to 78 slayer. Used the free macro recorder for the first time to clean herbs at full speed, took a couple records to get my time down and played for 3hours. Even did a couple quests by hand but got banned the following morning. Should have read this first meh.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:45 PM, Patrick said:

Not only did I already tell you I believe mouse movement can be used for detection - all be it only a very small part of the system -, I also told you it's something we're interested in changing and are discussing. From months of testing I can confirm that you can bot without getting banned when botting 4+ hours almost everyday, when only using the OSBot API.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:29 AM, Patrick said:

We're still looking into stuff yeah

Anything new about this?

• Like 1