Just because you bot less time doesn't mean you're not being detected

asdttt

7 hours ago, asdttt said:

Idk why everyone on here acts like botting is such a difficult task. A 12 year old could do it. Even if you script a bot, OSBot does all the hard work for you. You really think "vein.interact("Mine")" requires extreme botting experience? And if experience is so important, why am I able to bot longer then a good amount of people on here? 

If you read what I said (Clearly you didn't), I simply implied it's a possibility as the majority of other anti-bot/hack software deploys such tactics including VAC which is a very known anticheat program used by Steam. Asking for consent is as easy as wordplay inside your terms. Also checking for the active threads on the VM instance doesn't require consent you moron. The client is obviously detected in injection mode, and mirror doesn't seem any different. There's clearly levels of detection on OSRS and having an unofficial client appears to put you into a higher level. 

Back in the older days, they used to put fake functions inside their code that'd trick you and get you banned. They've obviously still have some detection method for figuring out what client you're on and to say otherwise is stupid. 

You're logically contradicting yourself.

If you're lasting so much longer than everyone else botting (you're not, I can guarantee it), then how are you doing so if Jagex is also watching active threads? Everyone would be detected in the same amount of time (whenever the check active threads function ran).

You've made a number of assumptions and false statements on this thread. Please get some experience before you mislead the newer community members.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Naked said:

You're logically contradicting yourself.

If you're lasting so much longer than everyone else botting (you're not, I can guarantee it), then how are you doing so if Jagex is also watching active threads? Everyone would be detected in the same amount of time (whenever the check active threads function ran).

You've made a number of assumptions and false statements on this thread. Please get some experience before you mislead the newer community members.

You've clearly got some weird grudge against me so how about this.. I'm an experienced programmer with tons of experience from numerous projects ranging all the way to fullstack development. It's how I make a living. I don't give a fuck if you can bot on runescape, and I really don't care if you have more experience botting runescape then me? This has NOTHING to do with experience! This has to do with dissecting runescape's bot detection and figuring out why we're being banned. Which, btw, requires VERY LITTLE experience botting. We're on the same team here so stop attacking me ffs. I'm actively finding flaws in OSBot, while you're sitting here trying to bring me down for absolutely no reason other then to expose I'm new to the OsBot community. 

And yes, I said I "last longer then a good amount of people here". Why do I last longer? Because my scripts consist of multiple jobs ranging from moneymaking, to AFKing, to combat, to firemaking. How's that contradicting what I said? Where did I say I don't get banned...? I'm literally following the logic of the post by saying I'm DELAYING the ban. 

Now stop attacking me, and maybe help out? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asdttt said:

You've clearly got some weird grudge against me so how about this.. I'm an experienced programmer with tons of experience from numerous projects ranging all the way to fullstack development. It's how I make a living. I don't give a fuck if you can bot on runescape, and I really don't care if you have more experience botting runescape then me? This has NOTHING to do with experience! This has to do with dissecting runescape's bot detection and figuring out why we're being banned. Which, btw, requires VERY LITTLE experience botting. We're on the same team here so stop attacking me ffs. I'm actively finding flaws in OSBot, while you're sitting here trying to bring me down for absolutely no reason other then to expose I'm new to the OsBot community. 

And yes, I said I "last longer then a good amount of people here". Why do I last longer? Because my scripts consist of multiple jobs ranging from moneymaking, to AFKing, to combat, to firemaking. How's that contradicting what I said? Where did I say I don't get banned...? I'm literally following the logic of the post by saying I'm DELAYING the ban. 

Now stop attacking me, and maybe help out? 

You're testing on a small scale, as opposed to some of us with tens of thousands of accounts under our belts that have detection down to a fine science. Experience matters but you seem to want to ignore that fact and post a number of things that anyone that's botted on a large scale knows isn't true.

The point about your ban rates: why would it matter if you just said the client is detected by checking active threads? Does anti-ban exist or is the client detected? You can't claim both.

I don't have a grudge or any ill will. But everyone who has played for more than 5 minutes has this idea that they figured it out. Does diversification matter? Yup. Are public scripts probably all detected? Yup. Do the scripters make their own farm better than what they release publicly? Absolutely. I figured this was already fairly well known and common sense. I would point people into looking into the scientific laws surrounding human performance in computer interactions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Naked said:

You're testing on a small scale, as opposed to some of us with tens of thousands of accounts under our belts that have detection down to a fine science. Experience matters but you seem to want to ignore that fact and post a number of things that anyone that's botted on a large scale knows isn't true.

The point about your ban rates: why would it matter if you just said the client is detected by checking active threads? Does anti-ban exist or is the client detected? You can't claim both.

I don't have a grudge or any ill will. But everyone who has played for more than 5 minutes has this idea that they figured it out. Does diversification matter? Yup. Are public scripts probably all detected? Yup. Do the scripters make their own farm better than what they release publicly? Absolutely. I figured this was already fairly well known and common sense. I would point people into looking into the scientific laws surrounding human performance in computer interactions.

Ok let me walk you through the thread I guess. I said:
"As for injection, I'd say the easiest way to detect "stealth injection", without having to do any hashcoding, would be to just grab the list of threads. OSBot creates many threads for it's botting"

So what does that imply? That right there is me describing a method Jagex could use to detect other suspicious threads running in their VM. Did I say they use such tactics? Nope? Have they used things inside  the client to instantly flag bots in the past? Yup. So you can see why I got the idea that maybe OSBot's stealth is detected, but only as a third party client; which doesn't automatically mean it's a bot. 

So now to figure out how the anti-bot works, we must become the anti-bot. If you read some of my newest posts, you can see I've found a way to very easily detect OSBot based on mouse movement. I also linked the code DIRECTLY to where the runescape client sends mouse movements to the server 100% verifying that they do  use mouse movements. If you review my data I provided, you can see that you TOO can see that the mouse movement on OSBot is VERY flawed and would flag heuristics  100%. 

And I do want to point out one thing. As you have been testing out random scripts/timings to bypass, I've been purposely trying to get alts banned to figure out what they're basing checks on. It's not magic, it's basic math. And no, they don't go "Ok john collected resources for 3 hours straight. 100% bot. Banned". Massive times such as 10+ hours would be impossible for a human so that makes perfect sense to ban on that, but I still think they'd require some evidence from their anti-macro to initiate the ban. 

Once OSBot's developers fix/change the current clicking methods, I'll then try to see if I can easily detect OSBot through other means aswell. Being that the sourcecode for Runescape is easy to get, it shouldn't be very difficult. 

Edit: Also, just for clarification. Private scripts, public scripts, ect. Doesn't matter. If they're using OSBot's interaction/click API then they too are flawed and will get you banned. Public scripts tend to have static pathing and bugs which obviously lead to faster bans, but private scripts really aren't far off. 

Edited by asdttt

The Client is detected. It's plain as that. Use an alch script for 6 hours and get banned, Record your mouse with a macro recording software and use the official client you can easily let it run for 12 hours a day. I'm not saying they ban solely off this but the client is definitely detected without a doubt.

• Like 1

Lol yea, i knew this all the way before just couldn`t say it in my words, thanks for this. Also yea, i`m using other platform, different than osbot and everything is fine….  These scripts or client is realy easy to detect now… I made 3 accounts, botted w osbot got banned in less than two days.   Created 3 new accounts on the other platform,  botting 4 days straight now.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xtrippiebans said:

Lol yea, i knew this all the way before just couldn`t say it in my words, thanks for this. Also yea, i`m using other platform, different than osbot and everything is fine….  These scripts or client is realy easy to detect now… I made 3 accounts, botted w osbot got banned in less than two days.   Created 3 new accounts on the other platform,  botting 4 days straight now.  

I just stopped using OSBot for the most part and using more basic stuff like a small screen pattern repeater I made. Haven't gotten banned for botting mining/combat since (Still don't bot for over 6 hours a day...). 

I'm sure people have ways of using OSBot, but by default, the mouse movement is 100% detected and makes some of the most obvious patterns at a 98.5% rate...

I just posted this to call out all the "VIP", or "premium" scripts for their blatant lies on their "anti-ban". 

On 3/29/2019 at 2:50 PM, asdttt said:

Yes it is: https://github.com/zeruth/runescape-client/blob/master/src/Client.java#L3298

If you trace the elements from mouseRecorder, you can see, despite the annoying obfuscation, that they are sending the mouse movements directly to the server as a single integer combined to save resources. 

If I can see whether a user is using OSBot using 100% mouse-movements in a matter of minutes, so can Jagex. They're just fucking with us, feeding us false information on what bans, and what doesn't. Everything people say on this forum is the bullshit Jagex tricked them into believing. 

What about JFR? (java flight recorder) https://docs.oracle.com/javacomponents/jmc-5-4/jfr-runtime-guide/about.htm#JFRUH170

Edited by fittig
link

On 4/4/2019 at 2:59 PM, poweruser123 said:

Really interesting read. This whole thread. I haven't botted since 2016 so I don't have a whole lot to say.

Makes me want to try the mouse/keyboard recorders.....

Little to no mouse movement = very unlikely to be banned. Splashing, alching, ect have never lead to a ban for me. I'd also recommend making clickspeed semi slow, and inconsistent. Also adding in random off-screen "AFK" breaks for like 10-20 seconds would also be good. 

It's very hard to not make minor mouse movements while doing tasks that require such, so keep that in mind aswell. 

Edited by asdttt

I dont understand the people bashing dude lol i'm not a programmer so I dont know how hard it is to do what he's saying but why not try to randomize the clicks? If it helps then good if it doesnt then that's another thing we can cross off our list. Honestly I think the clients just being detected, you could use a mouse clicker for 24 hours with none of the random stat checks and moving your mouse away from the screen and you wont get banned but as soon as you turn on that high alch bot its a wrap. But at the same time I think its something else because I found a time frame where I can bot without getting banned and i've posted about it on another site thinking that they may turn there anti bot systems off during that time but people say they still get banned during that time. Now I just bot during that time frame and I havent been banned in over a year with multiple 99s solely from botting from multiple scripts and multiple botting clients. Its weird to me because other people bot in that time frame and get banned all the time, I even told my IRL friend to bot during that time frame and he'll be fine and the next day he got banned so idk, Jagex is tricky 

34 minutes ago, EKOx REACTZz said:

I dont understand the people bashing dude lol i'm not a programmer so I dont know how hard it is to do what he's saying but why not try to randomize the clicks? If it helps then good if it doesnt then that's another thing we can cross off our list. Honestly I think the clients just being detected, you could use a mouse clicker for 24 hours with none of the random stat checks and moving your mouse away from the screen and you wont get banned but as soon as you turn on that high alch bot its a wrap. But at the same time I think its something else because I found a time frame where I can bot without getting banned and i've posted about it on another site thinking that they may turn there anti bot systems off during that time but people say they still get banned during that time. Now I just bot during that time frame and I havent been banned in over a year with multiple 99s solely from botting from multiple scripts and multiple botting clients. Its weird to me because other people bot in that time frame and get banned all the time, I even told my IRL friend to bot during that time frame and he'll be fine and the next day he got banned so idk, Jagex is tricky 

People are bashing simply because they've probably found alternative methods, or just suicide bot. I can confidently say that I've yet to be banned for botting anything since last week simply by taking the things I've said in this very topic into account.  Simply by changing the mouse movement of my script to use my own recorded mouse movements in combination with a few of OSBot's mouse movements, I have thrown off the heuristics completely (Or so I'm lead to believe.. We'll see in a week from now..). 

And if you're HIGH alching, I HIGHLY recommend you sightly move the mouse around here and there. The movements should only be bursts of movements from 1-2 pixels per tick, which you can easily do without the use of OSBot's mouse API.

"Honestly I think the clients just being detected". This is very true. Jagex doesn't target simple things such as checking stats, typing, ect, but rather CORE features of these frameworks such as mouse movement, and clicking. ALL botting frameworks I've tested produce the same, or worse patterns/flaws as I described earlier in this post. Even making a 5 pixel mouse change produces flaws. Using OSBot WILL lead to a ban at it's current state ASSUMING you're using 100% of it's API for mouse.

If you want to see whether your mouse moving tricks/utilities will be easily detected, then track the delta and see whether it's consistent anywhere - especially the last delta of the mouse movement, which in most cases, will be the most machine-like due to the nature of how most these mouse movers get to that position after so much randomization done to the movement vector/speed.

Appearing human is not all you must do to bypass the heuristic checks. Appearance is simply an illusion.  You need to dig deeper into the actual movements, and view the raw data for yourself whether your mouse movements are closely related to your own mouse movement. 

Everyone acts like Jagex has one of the most powerful anti-cheats ever made, when in reality, we just have some of the worst API's. Mind you, this is the same company that just killed everyone in dead man mode LMAO

And lastly, I want to clarify that mouse movement probably isn't the biggest detection factor. It was just the biggest factor for my own scripts. Movement, consistency, and clicking still play a large role in bans. 

Edited by asdttt
  • Like 1

iv stopped using bots because they're to easily detected lol..
like this guy has stated is all true.
mouse movements are to unhuman, for example some time i'll click just off the side and have to click again to properly click smaller targets, but scripts never miss lol..
there's so many minor things to be added to make things less bot obvious.
random pauses for one, you have non stop max xp rates very few players, play that heavily for long amounts of time.

if botting it to regain it self, it needs to take a huge leap in human behavior.