Maybe want to be a scripter

Hanszell145

Hi all,

I really would like to become a scripter for the OSBot community because I like programming and botting in Old Rs. The problem is that I'm really demotivated to see all these super sophisticated and professional scripts while my scripts will look and perform way worse. I think when I make a script to sell eventually, no one will care or buy it. Am I wrong thinking like this?

Greeting,

Hans

Not a scripter but that feeling your talking about is definitely unrealistic and people in all aspects of life deal with it. It is a very mature thing for a person to be able to overcome feelings of inferiority and keep struggling in a field they like regardless of how small they feel. Compete with yourself, constantly take a new step in improving your code. The more you focus on making your script a little better each time, the sooner you're likely to catch up to those you admire. 

• Heart 1

Yes you are wrong in thinking like this.
If everyone looked to people more successful than them and thought "I'll never be that good", no one would ever get better.

Instead, look at all of the other scripts/scripters as motivation to what you can become!
Only compare yourself, to yourself yesterday.

Start by Googling and learning from the various Java guides online, then reading open source OSBot scripts, and you'll get there.
I'm sure if you post your source and questions, the scripters will be glad to help.

Best of luck

Edited by YoHoJo
  • Heart 1

Trial and error. Your first few scripts might not be good enough, but we have a very helpful community and if you really want to, you'll be able to write much better scripts within a few weeks.

Give it a go and see how it goes, then decide on whether you want to continue or not. No use in giving up before you've even started.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Hanszell145 said:

Hi all,

I really would like to become a scripter for the OSBot community because I like programming and botting in Old Rs. The problem is that I'm really demotivated to see all these super sophisticated and professional scripts while my scripts will look and perform way worse. I think when I make a script to sell eventually, no one will care or buy it. Am I wrong thinking like this?

Greeting,

Hans

You'd be surprised at the status of some premium scripts. Nothing but grandfathered in Scripter 3's ? 

Study basic Java and how to read JavaDocs

then learn the API with trial and error, reviewing open source code, and viewing script tutorials that arent dated in 2008

• Like 1
  • Boge 2

They say never meet your heroes, Because you realize how normal they are. You are only seeing the end result of the pros, but you're not seeing the countless hours of challenges they had to overcome!

If your going to be a script writer, then you might as well go-all-in and work towards becoming Scripter III

?Goodluck!

12 hours ago, Hanszell145 said:

Hi all,

Greeting,

Hans

Just do it! I felt the same way and making my first script was such a good decision for me. :)