Laptop fan allways on high usage while using bot

QuiTTTed

5 minutes ago, Juggles said:

1 client might use only like 500-700m. 

10 regular clients would be like 4k-6k memory.

Are you sure the fan isn't on when you run regular clients?

Im pretty sure it was on when i used 10 clients once 3 days ago.

Currently im getting this on task manager and on alienware command center it shows everything pretty much maxed even with 1 bot client.

image.thumb.png.14e63df41d72d8faa795bad12001f915.png

2 minutes ago, raikzun420 said:

Yea i bought a "brand new" desktop pc withouth paste once...
If you didnt put it together yourself and its store bought, you might want to check those thing :S

Its straight from dell dot com. They told me everything is set to use etc. Must be something with the botclient, some settings have to be changed or something, idk.

1 hour ago, QuiTTTed said:

Any idea how i can reduce the fan usage? It seems its like gonna blow up lol, even tho i have pretty good laptop, did run 10 regular clients and fan was quiet but with 1 bot client fan allways on high usage.

High cpu usage results in high temperature which results in high fan usage. Fan speed can be adjusted from the motherboard settings, tho I'm not sure if you really want to lower it anymore because your cpu is about to melt. I don't understand what the hell are you doing there and how is one client eating up half of your cpu power (on alienware).

All modern CPUs, especially mobile CPUs which have a higher chance of overheating, will throttle themselves and kick on fans early to save themselves from thermal damage. Laptops are a very poor choice for botting as mobile CPUs are weaker than their desktop counterparts, combined with the fact that laptop cooling is much worse than any desktop CPU cooler. As a standard rule, a desktop that is half the price of a laptop will run things like bots better since they are very CPU intensive. You can always try applying new thermal paste but this won't help a ton if it was decently done at the factory and won't be a major game changer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Tell me you're not really using a brand new alienware laptop for botting...?

Use a desktop or get a server, you're going to ruin it.

It does not hurt to use 1 botclient to bot doesnt it? My intentions are not to start botfarming with 2+ but just 1.

7 hours ago, Script Kid said:

High cpu usage results in high temperature which results in high fan usage. Fan speed can be adjusted from the motherboard settings, tho I'm not sure if you really want to lower it anymore because your cpu is about to melt. I don't understand what the hell are you doing there and how is one client eating up half of your cpu power (on alienware).

Friend of mine bought himself also new laptop few weeks ago, it was some predator laptop and he showed me that he can adjust the fan speed etc and im pretty sure i can do the same but no idea how but at first i think im gonna take this to warranty and let them check it over.

7 hours ago, Hi G00gle said:

If I were you I would either look to replace the thermal paste as stated above, or send it back - I've had the same issue and it died within 6 months and no money was returned.

Yeah taking this to warranty next month so fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, Night said:

All modern CPUs, especially mobile CPUs which have a higher chance of overheating, will throttle themselves and kick on fans early to save themselves from thermal damage. Laptops are a very poor choice for botting as mobile CPUs are weaker than their desktop counterparts, combined with the fact that laptop cooling is much worse than any desktop CPU cooler. As a standard rule, a desktop that is half the price of a laptop will run things like bots better since they are very CPU intensive. You can always try applying new thermal paste but this won't help a ton if it was decently done at the factory and won't be a major game changer.

Yeah i understand that but im traveling alot and i dont wanna carry desktop pc around and im sticking with running only 1 botclient at once. Its still making me wonder how does 10 osrs official clients run silent fan mode and 1 botclient suddenly so much cpu usage.

The laptop is very cool while the fan is working on 100% speed tho!

6 hours ago, bexxe said:

Tried low cpu mode and disable rendering? Makes a lot of difference for me

I did try that but not sure if these even work on mirror mode. I had em turned on at regular bot client mode and rendering turned most of client screen black but on mirror mode it didnt happen so i was wondering if it works at all on mirror.

Interesting that you can run 10 regular clients with no issue compared to one bot client. When you say regular do you mean the official client or third party? I occasionally play on a MacBook and when I use RuneLite it gets just about as loud or louder than when I'm actively running bot(s). To add a different anecdote to the other comments, I've botted with a couple of different laptops over the years and never ran into any problems.