Opinion on PC

Kramnik

Hey guys,

thinking of buying additional PC since I run my bot farm on my only laptop and it pretty much becomes unusable when the farm is on. Since I will need to start writing my barchelor degree work I will need it :D Since I dont want to use VPS I'm thinking of investing into additional gaming PC so I could have my farm on it while I use my laptop when writing and additional pc for farming when I dont need it :) 

Currently looking at:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, Hexa Core, 3.60GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) 19MB, AM4, 95W, 14nm, Six-Core/12Threads + 19MB Cache
COOLER: Xilence XC025 / CPU max. TDP 130W / Fan Speed 600 - 2200 10% RPM / Fan Control - Yes
GPU: Radeon RX580 8GB Sapphire Nitro+
RAM: 2x 8GB DDR4 2666Mhz Dual Channel (16GB RAM)
PSU: Kolink KL-600M 600W 80 Plus Modular Power Supply
SSD: SAMSUNG arba ADATA 128GB SSD SATA3

Price: 585 euro

What is your opinion of this PC for gold farming? Any part of it needs to be improved? How many bots you think I could run? :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Affray said:

I think you'd be able to run around 5 bots when you're not using your computer and they'd run run fine.

But I have to recommend getting a Windows RDP server - would serve you much better.

1 hour ago, UPTHEABRO said:

you can run 10+ bots easily depending if you are using Mirror mode

18 minutes ago, kristapsss said:

Depends what ya use,

8=10 bots for sure

Hi guys, thanks for opinion but in my opinion you are miscalculating a lot :) The other PC that I was talking is older laptop, but still somewhat decent one. ASUS K73SD, Intel® Core™ i5 2450M, 8GB, HDD. I usually run 8 bots, also tried to run 10-11 but it gets harder to manage them, also they get slower and gets less gp/h so for that PC 8 is quite optimal. I think the weakest point of that PC is it's CPU since I only use 50-60% RAMS when farm is up. Comparing this PC CPU and the one I am planning to buy:

Old one - 2 Cores, 4 Threads, 2,5GHz, turbo 3,1GHz

New one - 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3,6Ghz, turbo 4Ghz

More than 4 times powerful than old one :D Also it has SSD instead of HDD which should also help with speed. I hope it will run 20+ bots, but by the look at numbers it could be twice of that :) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kramnik said:

Hi guys, thanks for opinion but in my opinion you are miscalculating a lot :) The other PC that I was talking is older laptop, but still somewhat decent one. ASUS K73SD, Intel® Core™ i5 2450M, 8GB, HDD. I usually run 8 bots, also tried to run 10-11 but it gets harder to manage them, also they get slower and gets less gp/h so for that PC 8 is quite optimal. I think the weakest point of that PC is it's CPU since I only use 50-60% RAMS when farm is up. Comparing this PC CPU and the one I am planning to buy:

Old one - 2 Cores, 4 Threads, 2,5GHz, turbo 3,1GHz

New one - 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3,6Ghz, turbo 4Ghz

More than 4 times powerful than old one :D Also it has SSD instead of HDD which should also help with speed. I hope it will run 20+ bots, but by the look at numbers it could be twice of that :) 

as i said it depends if you are running mirror mode or not if u are not you can easily run 20+ also ssd is only for read/write onto ssd/hdd it doesent do anything for botting its cpu based

• Like 1

@kramnik

I personally stick with Intel and Nvidia, but this rig will be good for playing recent games as well as running a small bot farm.

Around 15 - 20 bots if it's not bogged with other bullshit.

You may want to go with DDR4 RAM clocked with a higher speed rating 3000-3200mhz. Will help tremendously.

• SSD vs HD doesn't make a difference at all when it comes to running bots. (you're not loading saved materials from the HD, ect.)
  • It's based on processing speeds/power and memory.
  • SSD DOES make a huge difference in actual games or software installed on your computer. SSD is all I use at this point.

Edited by SocialGFX
  • Like 2