Does a proxy need to have multiple/exclusive Subnets?

spanishguy

18 minutes ago, Hi G00gle said:

Multiple subnets means it has more (multiple) subnets on a broadcast domain. As for exclusive: I _think_ you mean a residential proxy?

So would multiple subnets help against bans or it's not really necessary? The site I was looking at said exclusive but it was not residential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spanishguy said:

So would multiple subnets help against bans or it's not really necessary? The site I was looking at said exclusive but it was not residential.

Different subnets could help you; then again proxies are only used to prevent chainbans, not bans itself. I can’t talk for their company, but I have a hard time believing it’s exclusive if it’s not residential.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WhoseThisGuy said:

Are socks6 proxy's better than socks5 because I've heard that socks6 are resold after being banned. Noob please be kind lol <3

There is no 'better' when it comes to a proxy. A proxy is just a way to by-pass an restriction: Preventing chainbans. There is no way to find out either if a proxy is flagged whenever you buy it; you might just have some very bad luck when you get banned fast on the proxy due to already flagging. And no, I honestly believe they aren't being resold, just being on the same broadcast domain means it can already get you banned faster. And another note; I _do_ believe Jagex also has a way to find out if the proxy provider is located in a data center, making it way easier for them to find botters.

13 hours ago, WhoseThisGuy said:

Are socks6 proxy's better than socks5 because I've heard that socks6 are resold after being banned. Noob please be kind lol <3

You will need a socks5 proxy for most bot clients.

Subnets are logical parts of an IP network. You don't need much info about it, and you'll be fine as long as those proxy IPs haven't been abused before. The only way to know that is by testing or recommendations. Don't trust sellers at their word, test yourself.