An Actual Hello

luciuspragg

I've been posting around sporadically and realized I never bothered to introduce myself so I figured I'd go ahead and do that:

Hi there! I'm Lucius Pragg and the best way I could describe myself is a hobby gold farmer and scripter. I've been playing Runescape since 2002 and I started scripting back when SCAR was the popular way to get things done on RS. I'd describe myself as a hobbyist because I've never bothered to release scripts or sell the gold I've made, rather just using it to finance gold inefficient grinds to 99. I've bounced back and forth between different clients and communities throughout the years and felt I'd settle down here since from what I can tell the prevailing attitude towards getting a handle on the API is a good mix between "read the docs" and actual constructive help. This is my first run scripting for OSRS, I lurked for a good while and the "here's something to get you started but I'm not going to spoon feed you the answer" responses made me feel like this is a community that would rather see you grow as a scripter as opposed to gating it for only a few authors. 

As to my personal life I currently work as a consultant specializing in enterprise level solutions for mobile device management, though I've had history in software development in C and C++.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and I suppose I'll see you around!

• Like 1