3 accs botting melee, only 2 banned same IP

4twenty

Just to add another testimonial to the theory of bans.

• Botted for a week, 3 accounts on the same IP
  • 8 hours a day (botting melee with a sand crab script). Same start and end time

The difference is with 2 accounts I would crash a 4 spot at sand crab while the 3rd bot would utilize the 2 crab spot. My theory is the 4 crab spot that 2 of the bots were using would encourage more people to report them for botting because they would force attack if crashed instead of hopping. While the 3rd bot rarely had any one crash and wouldn't' be reported for botting as much. Now the 3rd account is in its 2nd week of botting and is out of sand crabs training and onto nmz, while the other 2 are banned. All on the same IP 

Edited by 4twenty
grammar edit

One of my two currently got ban. The ban one was F2P and botted around 5-6 hours a day. Second one going strong, member account and only botting 1-3 hours a day. Second account only using mirror mode on and botting with different scripts including 50 quest points with the questing script. 

5 hours ago, 4twenty said:

Just to add another testimonial to the theory of bans.

• Botted for a week, 3 accounts on the same IP
  • 8 hours a day (botting melee with a sand crab script). Same start and end time

The difference is with 2 accounts I would crash a 4 spot at sand crab while the 3rd bot would utilize the 2 crab spot. My theory is the 4 crab spot that 2 of the bots were using would encourage more people to report them for botting because they would force attack if crashed instead of hopping. While the 3rd bot rarely had any one crash and wouldn't' be reported for botting as much. Now the 3rd account is in its 2nd week of botting and is out of sand crabs training and onto nmz, while the other 2 are banned. All on the same IP 

More reports increased the chance of getting banned. It looks like to be working as it should be.

I've found that the more common the combat training area is used as well as how many edge cases your script can handle goes a long way in reducing bans. 

E.g. A long while back with another client I made a script to kill minotaurs in the stronghold and pick up iron arrows. I didn't add any protection for drops outside of the section of the stronghold or taking into account multicombat. I also neglected to add a method to re-enter the area if it accidentally clicked on the exit. Took about 3 days for all accounts using it to be banned despite regular babysitting. Edited the script to only try and pick up things it could reach, pick up the food drops if it was low hp, not attack other people's minotaurs, and re-enter the area if it left. After those cases were handled the script never had any bans while I was using it, I assume because it wasn't getting itself flagged by clicking repeatedly on unreachable items or pissing people off by attacking their monsters.

I always bot my accounts a 2 crab spot and babysit them, usually watching tv or playing csgo, apex, etc when i get crashed i usually pause the script and chat till they hop which happens within 5-10mins of there aggro leaving and checking back in. Never had a ban from a 2 crab spot botting till 70-80 str mostly.

Edited by ZickZucker