Client wont download

YungB

I was using osbot last night with no problems at all, then this morning I opened it and everytime I would click add bot it would not respond at all. It woulkd just stay at the welcome to osbot screen. I deleted the osbot folder and I am trying to redownload the client and now it won't even download at all. It gets up to 0.5 MB out of 4 then says network error. I am on a mac by the way. Can anyone help me fix this? Thank you.

I have no issues with the website or client myself on a mac

If your browser is throwing a network error, then it's pretty self explanatory, but, try downloading the client in another browser or in 'private mode', could possibly solve the issue

After downloading, right click the file (need to do this) and click open, then open again 

From the fact that you're stuck on the welcome screen and failed download, it does seem likely that your internet is being an ass though :/ 

6 minutes ago, Protoprize said:

I have no issues with the website or client myself on a mac

If your browser is throwing a network error, then it's pretty self explanatory, but, try downloading the client in another browser or in 'private mode', could possibly solve the issue

After downloading, right click the file (need to do this) and click open, then open again 

From the fact that you're stuck on the welcome screen and failed download, it does seem likely that your internet is being an ass though :/ 

Not just him, I am experiencing similar issues. YoungB, could I ask who your internet provider is?

thoughTvNC

11 minutes ago, ThoughtVNC said:

Not just him, I am experiencing similar issues. YoungB, could I ask who your internet provider is?

thoughTvNC

I would laugh if it's the same provider :')

https://blog.dnsimple.com/2015/03/why-and-how-to-use-googles-public-dns/

Try this. Changing your DNS could help, it's done so in the past for me :)

33 minutes ago, Protoprize said:

I would laugh if it's the same provider :')

https://blog.dnsimple.com/2015/03/why-and-how-to-use-googles-public-dns/

Try this. Changing your DNS could help, it's done so in the past for me :)

Tried that, didn't help. I've seen 2 other posts on this site from people having similar issues.

THOUGhtnvC

UPDATE: Changed to MX5 and used one of my proxies, the client downloaded instantly. Any clue what the issue could be? Installing WebWalking still fails but at least I've got an idea what could be going wrong

Edited by ThoughtVNC

11 hours ago, ThoughtVNC said:

Tried that, didn't help. I've seen 2 other posts on this site from people having similar issues.

THOUGhtnvC

UPDATE: Changed to MX5 and used one of my proxies, the client downloaded instantly. Any clue what the issue could be? Installing WebWalking still fails but at least I've got an idea what could be going wrong

https://www.proxifier.com/

Download this and set up your proxy like this:

NOTE: The product keys there won't work on the mac version, you can either buy it, or google your way to a key (which is simple af) ? 

You should be able to install webwalking and everything else should work through the proxy :) 

From the info you've given, it still does seem like a networking issue on your ISP's end and I'd give them a call about issues with internet, especially if things work when using a proxy (basically a funnel for your internet getting rid of some of the problems that your ISP is causing )

Edited by Protoprize

11 hours ago, Protoprize said:

https://www.proxifier.com/

Download this and set up your proxy like this:

NOTE: The product keys there won't work on the mac version, you can either buy it, or google your way to a key (which is simple af) ? 

You should be able to install webwalking and everything else should work through the proxy :) 

From the info you've given, it still does seem like a networking issue on your ISP's end and I'd give them a call about issues with internet, especially if things work when using a proxy (basically a funnel for your internet getting rid of some of the problems that your ISP is causing )

Should've updated you earlier. I found a solution ~5 minutes after replying, swear I'm not lame just haven't run into an issue like that before. Already got a boot verison of proxifier aswell ;).
ThoUgHtvnc