Bot retirement. Is there a known "statute of limitations" amount of time, after which you won't be banned for previous botting?

JaredFulton

I used to bot back in 2006-08 and I remember there was about 3-4 weeks of time you had to wait after botting to know for sure you wouldn't be banned for it.

After this amount of time, you could use an account like normal and it would never get banned.

What is this amount of time currently? Is it longer or shorter? Does anyone have any experience in this area?

1 hour ago, luciuspragg said:

Most I've had was about 6 days, and the only reason I can think is that the last botting activity on it was clicking on something it couldn't reach for 7 hours.

I had a hatchetless bot click on oaks for about 9 one time, still play on it to this day. This was circa 2010 LOL.

1 hour ago, benrybill said:

any tips?

If you're multi-logging use a VPN, Proxie or Virtual Machine.

Keep an eye on your bots cause they tend to mess up sometimes.

imo, the length of how long your botting doesn't really matter, if you're going to get caught you do if you're not you don't. 

Skiller bots have a much higher ban rate than combat bots.

6 hours ago, amDeep said:

If you're multi-logging use a VPN, Proxie or Virtual Machine.

Keep an eye on your bots cause they tend to mess up sometimes.

imo, the length of how long your botting doesn't really matter, if you're going to get caught you do if you're not you don't. 

Skiller bots have a much higher ban rate than combat bots.

I've been wanting to make a new account just by doing part by hand and bot, but I dont want to create it under my IP, any suggestions? PM me or discord if you can teach me step by step?

VPN is easy. Just get something like NordVPN that has its own desktop app that lets you switch IPs on the fly. You'd just hop to another one in the country you're in and create it there. You can even create it on free WiFi nearby or at a public library. Once you do that, you can bot it on your IP or bot it on the VPN. Just don't hop countries too much.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:58 AM, JaredFulton said:

I used to bot back in 2006-08 and I remember there was about 3-4 weeks of time you had to wait after botting to know for sure you wouldn't be banned for it.

After this amount of time, you could use an account like normal and it would never get banned.

What is this amount of time currently? Is it longer or shorter? Does anyone have any experience in this area?

This experience can vary from person to person, nobody knows for sure unless they're the ones issuing bans. Generally if you don't get banned for a few days, you're good to go.