question about locked account

Raymond Mueller

Here's a few notes:
There are 4.2 billion possible public IP addresses.
If you unplug your router/modem for 10 minutes, odds are is that your IP will go back into the dhcp pool (or whatever identical service your ISP's uses) due to inactivity, and you'll get a new one.

This being said, I'm sure they track IP's, but it is incredibly inaccurate.. and probably a small part in their anti-bot system.

I have gotten over 1k suicide bots banned on my home IP (which has not changed in 6 months) and my main has not been banned.. but I do not trade to it, ever.

Edited by Iwin

1 hour ago, Iwin said:

Here's a few notes:
There are 4.2 billion possible public IP addresses.
If you unplug your router/modem for 10 minutes, odds are is that your IP will go back into the dhcp pool (or whatever identical service your ISP's uses) due to inactivity, and you'll get a new one.

This being said, I'm sure they track IP's, but it is incredibly inaccurate.. and probably a small part in their anti-bot system.

I have gotten over 1k suicide bots banned on my home IP (which has not changed in 6 months) and my main has not been banned.. but I do not trade to it, ever.

What is the average in-game lifespan of your suicide bots?

3 hours ago, Nor3g said:

What is the average in-game lifespan of your suicide bots?

Not who you were replying to but I've also had a good deal of suicide bots banned using my home IP (~100). Most I've ever had one run was for around 90 hours, average I's say is 14-20 hours, shortest was locked in less than 4. Though it can be really chance based, it can also depend on what you have them doing (and what scripts you're using). I've had what seem to be chain bans which have gotten other unrelated running bots, however I can't say for sure if that wasn't the unrelated bot getting caught for other reasons. All of this being said I've never had a fully legitimate account banned due to illicit activities on another.

9 hours ago, luciuspragg said:

Not who you were replying to but I've also had a good deal of suicide bots banned using my home IP (~100). Most I've ever had one run was for around 90 hours, average I's say is 14-20 hours, shortest was locked in less than 4. Though it can be really chance based, it can also depend on what you have them doing (and what scripts you're using). I've had what seem to be chain bans which have gotten other unrelated running bots, however I can't say for sure if that wasn't the unrelated bot getting caught for other reasons. All of this being said I've never had a fully legitimate account banned due to illicit activities on another.

This. my bots are task based and do 11 different skills (all f2p), and can do 10 quests.
They can last anywhere from 4 hours to 72 hours of active online time.

Currently being a normal member, I can only run 1 bot at a time. (code is already there for multiple servers, and as many bots as I want). So giving a good estimate isn't really something I can do.

But skills that REALLY set off the ban hammer are woodcutting, mining, and killing chickens. I just recently added runecrafting, so we'll see how that is.

But the bot has to get Rune Mysteries done, mine essence, buy an air tiara from the GE and then it can RC. It might be awhile running 1 bot at a time.