WoW/RIFT thoughts?

Primeape

So what are your thoughts on :

> World of Warcraft.
> RIFT.

Which do you prefer, and why did you prefer that certain game (that's if you've played/do play them) and what have you benefitted off playing?

For me personally, I played Dark age of camelot (DAoC) and then I got kind of looking at WoW, after that I soon got multiple characters leveled, and it kind of got a bit too repetitive for me, and at the moment i'm on RIFT kind of enjoying the grind as its not something that's too easy to gain if you are new to the game. 

I've been playing WoW for a few years now, and in my personal opinion, it's going to be a very very long time before any other MMO even compares to it, such as; Rift, Elder Scrolls Online etc...

Most people that say 'Oh wow sucks' bla bla have never played it before.

Also some people just can't pay the membership fee's either, which stops them from trying it.

I've been playing WoW for a few years now, and in my personal opinion, it's going to be a very very long time before any other MMO even compares to it, such as; Rift, Elder Scrolls Online etc...

Also some people just can't pay the membership fee's either, which stops them from trying it.

Totally agreeable, ive played WoW since PRE-TBC for a bit (got to level 21 rogue and skinned in westfall all day lol) then I came back TBC and started a paladin, pretty much played paladin since, both holy & protection, for me personally as I say, it started with daoc, was the best game MMO wise in my opinion, medi-evil graphics and relics/keeps you had to capture aswell as multiple other bits and peices, but I do think WoW was good whilst it contained alot of people, but now we see alot of newer players who don't help others/the economy, and destroy some of the WoW based stuff.

RIFT I have been playing for around a week now, and is amazing, don't get me wrong each game has its flaws, but hey who knows I may try WoW a bit again down the road, afterall ive got 6 nearly 7 90's :D

Totally agreeable, ive played WoW since PRE-TBC for a bit (got to level 21 rogue and skinned in westfall all day lol) then I came back TBC and started a paladin, pretty much played paladin since, both holy & protection, for me personally as I say, it started with daoc, was the best game MMO wise in my opinion, medi-evil graphics and relics/keeps you had to capture aswell as multiple other bits and peices, but I do think WoW was good whilst it contained alot of people, but now we see alot of newer players who don't help others/the economy, and destroy some of the WoW based stuff.

RIFT I have been playing for around a week now, and is amazing, don't get me wrong each game has its flaws, but hey who knows I may try WoW a bit again down the road, afterall ive got 6 nearly 7 90's biggrin.png

I think the fun you have on WoW is based on your realm, I play on The-Maelstrom EU which is a really active PvP realm which always keeps me occupied doing, BG's, Arena etc...

As for RIFT I've only tried a trial, and I thought it was pretty fun, didn't really get into that.

My online gaming started with Runescape when I was really young and my cousin introduced me to it, after a few years on that, I heard a few students in my class mentioning WoW and thought I'd give it a go, and I loved it :D

I didn't start until Mid Lich-King though.

RIFT I have been playing for around a week now, and is amazing, don't get me wrong each game has its flaws, but hey who knows I may try WoW a bit again down the road, afterall ive got 6 nearly 7 90's biggrin.png

I think the fun you have on WoW is based on your realm, I play on The-Maelstrom EU which is a really active PvP realm which always keeps me occupied doing, BG's, Arena etc...

As for RIFT I've only tried a trial, and I thought it was pretty fun, didn't really get into that.

My online gaming started with Runescape when I was really young and my cousin introduced me to it, after a few years on that, I heard a few students in my class mentioning WoW and thought I'd give it a go, and I loved it biggrin.png

What do you think is better WOW / EOC RUNESCAPE / OSRS

My online gaming started with Runescape when I was really young and my cousin introduced me to it, after a few years on that, I heard a few students in my class mentioning WoW and thought I'd give it a go, and I loved it biggrin.png

Nice, I started off on Runescape (friends and me went to a cyber cafe) that's where I saw WoW, and kind of started there I guess same goes with DAoC was also spotted there and my uncle played it at the time :P

WOW for me was alright played it for a wile but it gets way to repetitive always doing the same things for the same reason. but yeah it was fun for a wile played nearly a month before it got boring.

I agree, farmed far too much stuff expecially in WOTLK I was doing 4-5 days raids etc, killed it for me as a holy paladin ^^

I like oldschool runescape atm.

Going to say WoW for sure, then OSRS, EoC make's me physically sick.

Going to say WoW for sure, then OSRS, EoC make's me physically sick.

I agree, I cant handle EoC, well RS3 as they call it now, the way things move are far too scary.

Started playing WoW just as BC launched. Really enjoyed it throughout BC. I was lucky in that I met some great people where we spent most of our time on Vent just chatting and having fun in-game. We made a raiding guild which was successful and this was probably when I was at my peak enjoyment when playing WoW.

When WOTLK hit a lot of my friends quit due to IRL stuff such as starting university, but I was still at school so I still had the time to put into it. It was never the same though, for two reasons:

1. Friends quitting

2. The game (for me) started to go downhill as it grew in popularity. I'm by no means a hardcore gamer but they took a lot of achievement out of everything. The levelling process was incredibly easy and max level could be reached within a week. This created the idea that the game was ONLY about the end game, and the levelling process was just a means of getting to that end-game without enjoying it in the process. They added quest pointers to literally tell you where to go to do quests which took out any feeling of exploration or wonder from the world. 

LFR was the final nail in the coffin for me. Any immersion I once got from the fairly difficult bosses you encountered and satisfaction I got from killing said bosses was gone. I remember seeing Kael'thas in Tempest Keep for the first time and fearing the fight ahead. Now you can do current raids in LFR and face roll all the bosses with little difficulty with a huge margin for error. Even the hard versions of the raids lost their appeal after I had already seen the bosses in LFR.

Tl;dr: Used to play loads with mates then they quit. Game lost any sense of achievement or immersion it once had and I lost interest.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by barrybishma

• Administrator

I've never played any, I'm an fps, and rsc player. I tried playing 07, but i love pking and 07 pking sucks.

I've watched numerous hours of wow and just doesn't look to fun for me.

Counter-strike (pre source) for you then? tongue.png

I don't pc game :P the only pc games i've played have been diablo and runescape.