Live Support.

Basic

I think Osbot should create a live support chat. The chat was meant for relaxation and to have fun in. 

The occasional questions are obviously okay, but then someone spams for help and it just annoys the other people in the chat. It would be much better if we could link them a live chat so they wouldn't keep asking for help in the chat. (Even when someone like me tells them what they want to hear, they don't agree and still spam for help. Or they just don't listen....)

If this is implemented, I would like to be a part of it. We don't need a new rank, we could just allow the current "Staff" and "Assistants" to be a apart of it if they wanted too. If no one is on the live chat then it will send them to a FAQ that I will probably make soon. (Or you the staff can make it, doesn't matter)

Thoughts? 

Isn't chatbox live support?

No, it is a place to relax and hangout. Like I said in the OP, the occasional questions are fine, but once it gets out of hand and the person seeking help keeps spamming the same question even though it has been answered but he just focuses on his Cntrl+V keys. 

This would make it a better experience for the other people in the chatroom. 

@piggy

Details: 

The Livechat would be located in the tabs under the Osbot logo.

The support would be handpicked and put into different categories of expertise. 

The support team would have actions like but not limited too; Temp ban (for trolls), redirect to: other support categories, Request screen share (maybe?), link to FAQ.

Edited by Basic

• Administrator

I disagree, this is basically another useless thing.

When someone comes in to chat, a chat box assistant or someone that helps,  should simply say "Pm me hero9291 i will help you" So they aren't taking chat box room. It will be easier to do that than try to get raflesia the powers to add a live chat. 

When any chat box, or mod, or anyone that knows anything sees someone asking for help, they should help them click their name and start private message. It is simple and a live chat would be pointless. 

We need to grow as a community, not push them away to alive chat, we need to embrace their question and help them as a community, not as a single guy on live chat.

Number 4 on the rules is simple, you can ask for the support, if you can't get it here, there is a support section on the forums, so we need a section on the forums, chat, and then a live chat for support? 

To maintain a positive chat, we must enforce several rules (including the ones established globally on the forums)

1. No spamming
2. No flaming/discriminating towards religion, sex, sexual preference, race or ethnicity.
3. No language that can be generally interpreted as offensive.
4. Support is allowed, however begging or spamming for support gets annoying, and will not be tolerated.
5. Constantly advertising threads/urls is not allowed.
6. Posting fake URLs is not tolerated.
7. Relax!

Edited by Maldestooooooooo
  • Like 2

I think the PM system within chat (as well as the Forums) could be used as a live chat system, rather than implementing a whole new module for it.

If they ask a question continuously, they should be getting help on it. If the problem is not an easy fix, or becomes cumbersome, then it should be the helper's obligation to PM the user as the not fill up the chatbox.

Also, coming into the chat for help on either setting up your client or fixing a problem within it kind of introduces the player into the chat system and what it's all about. They will be more inclined to come back to it if they have received help from it before.

• Administrator

Please don't make comments saying we have a chat box for a reason, I know we do. But that sole reason isn't to help others, it's to hangout and have fun in.

Exctly what you said, sole reason, its still a reason, so i don't think a live chat is necessary. It is just another addition that isn't really needed. 

There are MANY, many methods of getting help if you need.

• IRC
  • The chatbox (questions are allowed there, just no spamming them)
  • Posting in the help section

The community is big and usually posts get an instant response on the forums, no need for a live support.

The first time nobody gets an answer in there, they'll be posting on the forums "wtf no live support" it'll create un needed posts and is pointless imo.