Private gold farming method stolen.. revenge time?

AsBakedAsCake

Been gold farming in a disclosed/private location for around 1.5-2 years now (private script/method.) Past 2 weeks I've found that someone has discovered my method. (It's essentially a competition to make one of us leave the area at this point.)

This person has had a drastic affect on GP/H and ban rate (he may actually be reporting my farm as to take out competition, though I'm not sure how effective reports are.) Went from a few bans monthly, to being banned nearly every day or 2 for the past 2 weeks.

My question is, out of the following.. what would you do?

A) Cool it for a while and wait for this person to leave this area? (May not happen)

B) Add so many bots to the area that he makes no profit, discouraging him to leave? (Meaning I'd also temporarily make no profit/potentially even lose some profit in the process.)

C) Completely expose the method publicly, PERMANENTLY ruining the method for both of us. (But getting my revenge, so to speak)

I can tell it's only one person, whole other farm has the same basic username with random numbers at the end (idiot) :s

Could easily go back to one of my older methods after exposing, but will be cutting profits around 20-25% though so it's a bit discouraging as gold farming essentially a part-time job for me.

Any input on this is appreciated. I'm determined to either remove this person from the method or completely ruin it :D

I'd say either do B or C.

If you do B then you might be able to flush him out depending on how long he is willing to go without a profit it there.

If you do C, then both of you lose with it, and then your out of luck, but he will be aswell then.

If you do A, you'll give him time to expand which will make it so it will be a lot harder to get revenge/spite him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Been gold farming in a disclosed/private location for around 1.5-2 years now (private script/method.) Past 2 weeks I've found that someone has discovered my method. (It's essentially a competition to make one of us leave the area at this point.)

This person has had a drastic affect on GP/H and ban rate (he may actually be reporting my farm as to take out competition, though I'm not sure how effective reports are.) Went from a few bans monthly, to being banned nearly every day or 2 for the past 2 weeks.

My question is, out of the following.. what would you do?

A) Cool it for a while and wait for this person to leave this area? (May not happen)

B) Add so many bots to the area that he makes no profit, discouraging him to leave? (Meaning I'd also temporarily make no profit/potentially even lose some profit in the process.)

C) Completely expose the method publicly, PERMANENTLY ruining the method for both of us. (But getting my revenge, so to speak)

I can tell it's only one person, whole other farm has the same basic username with random numbers at the end (idiot) :s

Could easily go back to one of my older methods after exposing, but will be cutting profits around 20-25% though so it's a bit discouraging as gold farming essentially a part-time job for me.

Any input on this is appreciated. I'm determined to either remove this person from the method or completely ruin it :D

Expose it to me privately. :doge:

• Boge 1

You could expose it and then go for your other method. Many people would try to use, it would fuck his money making and after two months its possible that it would be free for you to use again :) These situations happens when famous youtuber posts some very good money making guide, it ruins it a lot, it becomes shit right after that but after some time when people get bored of it or finds other money making it becomes decent again

17 minutes ago, Mootopia said:

I'd say either do B or C.

If you do B then you might be able to flush him out depending on how long he is willing to go without a profit it there.

If you do C, then both of you lose with it, and then your out of luck, but he will be aswell then.

If you do A, you'll give him time to expand which will make it so it will be a lot harder to get revenge/spite him.

I like this response the best so far, keep them coming guys.

18 minutes ago, extatus said:

Of course methods will be exposed. Im suprised you lasted this long tbh.

I would rather diversify your farm,  than be dependant on one. Trying to force some revenge is kinda lame.

Have reasons for this. It's a method that's so unknown that only specific people would know about it, AKA me and the private scripter/maybe VERY FEW people in game.

Keep in mind guys.. if I do expose this - NO ONE will be making profit as everyone will start doing this. Will go from 5-700k/HR per account to around 80-100k/hr if ~50 people start doing this. So those telling me to expose for their own benefit is pretty useless xD

5 minutes ago, Antonio Kala said:

keep us updated and tell us what you end up doing

Will do, in the mean time I might try something a bit different.

May try making a script that will report all the accounts in the area, except mine - hopefully causing an insane ban rate for him.

I feel so toxic doing this, but money is money & he's hurting my cash flow :D

27 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

This is a method that businesses actually use to wipe out competition.

Ok, maybe not exactly like this but this sort of thing makes me think about predatory pricing. This is what I would do imo. If you could make it so harsh on this dude that he doesn't make any GP and you either break even or maybe even take a slight loss on it just to have him out of the method then overall it would be a win for you.

I am not for leaking methods at all, the more people that know a method the less profitable it will be and your method could be forever ruined.

I would suggest going with B.

Currently in the process of trying B - trying to run him out of here. Will run enough bots to make minimal profits/break even and see if he folds, if not I'll try adding enough to lose a small portion of profit.

I figured this may actually be one of the best options for me, appreciate the advice!