Investing in 2019

Prolax

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

yeah maybe this ^ . since us stock market crash earlier

yeah, I mean I had a friend who got me into it and was making £1-2k minimum each time he logged on per day. (once a day he would make it, more if he logged on multiple)

So it cant really be too much of a bad thing, especially if zero effort, and if you make profit just invest that profit into other things - At least that's what I do.

Well this is topic that I can help you :D I have studied economics and finances also worked with investing before. Portfolio allocation strategy depends on couple factors. I would imagine that you are young (20s) and you dont mind not spending this cash stack in upcoming decade. So your best bet would be to go with something related to stocks 80%+ of portfolio. As @Chris correctly mentioned stocks had a big crash in past weeks since there is economic slowdown coming up. But lower prices would be very beneficial to invest at current moment. Three ways to invest in stocks would be: 1. Invest in hedge fund. It would do the whole investing for you, but result would be something amazing, on average a good hedge fund makes 10% a year. 2. Invest in index fund such as SP500, DOW or NASDAQ500, you get a bunch of companies so you are pretty safe because you are diversified. This also makes around 10% on average but it depends on economy. On 2017 SP500 grew 22%, on 2013 33.3%, on 2008 it lost 37%, so it depends :) 3. Third way is to hand pick stocks and make your own portfolio. It requires some knowledge on financial statements, fundamental analysis, risk management but maybe some financial advisor could help you build up a good portfolio. But some guys have good returns without any knowledge and just investing in names :D So for e.g. my stock suggestion would be NVIDIA, it was one of my best investments when cryptocurrency boom started and nvidia is main seller of graphics cards for mining it stock grew exponentially from 25$ per share in early 2016 to 270$ in October and then it crashed, now it is 133$ but I find it good investment atm too. Cryptocurriencies are going trash so NVIDIA will lose its golden goose but it is still huge company which has made a lot of money in past two years and can use it for R&D and etc. so it will definetely will grow :)

For remaining 20% I would go 10% into bonds as their held will grow as economic slowdown will come and central banks will start implementing restrictive monetary policy. And 10% into something more exotic. Commodities, futures, options, startups etc.

If you or someone want more advices on investing you can PM me :)

Sorry @Chris but this has to be worse portfolio possible :D Saving accounts only grant you like 0.1% return and inflation for e.g. in USA is 2% so you lose 1.9% of your money every year. For real estate it may sound nice but it has many factors on market, it could be smart to invest in real estate in one city but opposite in other, also 35k wouldnt get you anything and one more thing to remember if you invest in real estate you become a landlord and it can be pain in the ass :D For crypto it went down 85% in past year and 50% in past month and when it is fundementally a complete trash it could go to couple hundres as for bitcoin.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

30% Savings 45% Real estate 25% crypto [ETH, BTC, or split small % in alt coins] 

17 hours ago, kramnik said:

Well this is topic that I can help you :D I have studied economics and finances also worked with investing before. Portfolio allocation strategy depends on couple factors. I would imagine that you are young (20s) and you dont mind not spending this cash stack in upcoming decade. So your best bet would be to go with something related to stocks 80%+ of portfolio. As @Chris correctly mentioned stocks had a big crash in past weeks since there is economic slowdown coming up. But lower prices would be very beneficial to invest at current moment. Three ways to invest in stocks would be: 1. Invest in hedge fund. It would do the whole investing for you, but result would be something amazing, on average a good hedge fund makes 10% a year. 2. Invest in index fund such as SP500, DOW or NASDAQ500, you get a bunch of companies so you are pretty safe because you are diversified. This also makes around 10% on average but it depends on economy. On 2017 SP500 grew 22%, on 2013 33.3%, on 2008 it lost 37%, so it depends :) 3. Third way is to hand pick stocks and make your own portfolio. It requires some knowledge on financial statements, fundamental analysis, risk management but maybe some financial advisor could help you build up a good portfolio. But some guys have good returns without any knowledge and just investing in names :D So for e.g. my stock suggestion would be NVIDIA, it was one of my best investments when cryptocurrency boom started and nvidia is main seller of graphics cards for mining it stock grew exponentially from 25$ per share in early 2016 to 270$ in October and then it crashed, now it is 133$ but I find it good investment atm too. Cryptocurriencies are going trash so NVIDIA will lose its golden goose but it is still huge company which has made a lot of money in past two years and can use it for R&D and etc. so it will definetely will grow :)

For remaining 20% I would go 10% into bonds as their held will grow as economic slowdown will come and central banks will start implementing restrictive monetary policy. And 10% into something more exotic. Commodities, futures, options, startups etc.

If you or someone want more advices on investing you can PM me :)

Sorry @Chris but this has to be worse portfolio possible :D Saving accounts only grant you like 0.1% return and inflation for e.g. in USA is 2% so you lose 1.9% of your money every year. For real estate it may sound nice but it has many factors on market, it could be smart to invest in real estate in one city but opposite in other, also 35k wouldnt get you anything and one more thing to remember if you invest in real estate you become a landlord and it can be pain in the ass :D For crypto it went down 85% in past year and 50% in past month and when it is fundementally a complete trash it could go to couple hundres as for bitcoin.

Thanks for all the feedback.

What I'm probably going to do is 100% real estate in Belgium.
Buying 2 recent apartments for 150K each. Belgium tax is 10% so a total of around 330K.

I'll invest my 100K into this and get a 230K loan at the bank.
Rent out the apartments for around 550-600 € monthly. This will cover the Bank loan, and give me an extra 200 € every month.

After 10-15 years sell the apartments for a profit.

I hope to achieve 7-8% ROI yearly with this.

P.S.:
I don't invest in crypto, since I still think it's a ponzi scheme.
And I also have a retirement savings plan with shares, which didn't do well this year, due to most company shares dropping this year.