Vote to Kick option

Occazn

The chat on OSBot is for people to come in and chill/relax. I think if somebody is being obnoxious and doing something that other people do not approve of, such as late at night on OSBot where some intellectual discussions take place.

Basically, a vote to kick button in chat for a user that acts really immature and provides a not-so-fun experience for everybody else. The chat is for people to chill/relax, not have to deal with immaturity and become annoyed at the overall perspective of one specific person's actions. That user can do w/e he wants as long as he doesn't flame and the mods won't ban him from chat.

I feel like a vote to kick button should be added so if the majority of users do not want another in chat, then they are kicked/time banned. Either that or if this user gets enough "votes to kick" it is reviewed by a moderator, and if he does, indeed, act immature, then the mods should temporarily suspend this user from the chat.

• Like 3

• Administrator

This is the reason we have shout box assistants to handle this type of thing. If he is not talking about what you want, that is no reason to kick him. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean someone else doesn't. Maybe someone doesn't like you and how you talk on there, you think you should be kicked, no. You don't get to vote to kick someone out of chat, or it will be out of hand. 

Pm a shout box asst, or a mod or admin in the chat and tell them to talk to him, or kick him if hes getting out of control. They will make that judgement call. 

Putting someones name in a thread is not the way to go about something. This is called a hate thread,  which causes nothing but drama, as you know.

• Like 1

This is the reason we have shout box assistants to handle this type of thing. If he is not talking about what you want, that is no reason to kick him. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean someone else doesn't. Maybe someone doesn't like you and how you talk on there, you think you should be kicked, no. You don't get to vote to kick someone out of chat, or it will be out of hand. 

Pm a shout box asst, or a mod or admin in the chat and tell them to talk to him, or kick him if hes getting out of control. They will make that judgement call. 

Putting someones name in a thread is not the way to go about something. This is called a hate thread,  which causes nothing but drama, as you know.

It's not the fact of them talking about what "I" want and that "I" don't like them. It's the fact that the chat is a place to relax and have fun. When that one person is ruining the experience for everysingle other person, I feel action should be taken. I'll post a more throrough explanation in a second, in a game of league

• Administrator

I never have had any problems with him inside the chat, It is most likely "people" don't like him so find what he says annoying, if you provide solid proof in a dispute or something he will be banned from chat. You can't just get people kicked because you don't like what he says, actually the chat is a place for fun and relaxing, and helping newbs.

Support and maldesto a chat box mod won't kick someone because there stupid. If some people are talking about math and then he keeps spamming about something else we should be able to vote to kick. A chat box mod won't kick someone because of that.

Sorry, I cannot ban everyone that doesn't like you. It doesn't work that way beastly.

I support, but they would have to find a HTML guy to add the option in the current chat box plugin. Or try and find a extension for the chat box plugin.

I never have had any problems with him inside the chat, It is most likely "people" don't like him so find what he says annoying, if you provide solid proof in a dispute or something he will be banned from chat. You can't just get people kicked because you don't like what he says, actually the chat is a place for fun and relaxing, and helping newbs.

It's more so the fact that when people are trying to have a nice conversation, this one user comes and ruins it. He takes everything we say, and becomes a "smartass" about it. His sentence structure contains 2 words per line, and it spams the chat. You may not have had a problem with him, but that's because you are hardly in chat when there are discussions that require thought within it. 

Enough with talking about a specific user, though, I'm just saying that if a MAJORITY of people do not want a person within the chat due to the fact of him being immature, then a moderator can review it and he can be temporarily banned. This way, it's not just people spamming the vote-to-kick and this user being kicked/temp banned for no reason. If the moderator sees he is actually ruining a conversation and being overall a terrible person to talk to, then I'd say he should be temporarily banned.

• Like 1

It's more so the fact that when people are trying to have a nice conversation, this one user comes and ruins it. He takes everything we say, and becomes a "smartass" about it. His sentence structure contains 2 words per line, and it spams the chat. You may not have had a problem with him, but that's because you are hardly in chat when there are discussions that require thought within it. 

Enough with talking about a specific user, though, I'm just saying that if a MAJORITY of people do not want a person within the chat due to the fact of him being immature, then a moderator can review it and he can be temporarily banned. This way, it's not just people spamming the vote-to-kick and this user being kicked/temp banned for no reason. If the moderator sees he is actually ruining a conversation and being overall a terrible person to talk to, then I'd say he should be temporarily banned.

Immaturity will be everywhere, no matter whom you decide to talk to they'll say something immature. It's just life, people mostly do it to troll people. We all do it, but I guess this kicking power in the shout box should be expanded to other people as well. Certain people who can be trust. Although I do not personally know you, you spend some time/ a lot in the shout box and people like you should be given this power. However there are other ways of getting people banned/kicked from the shout box. Report the person (the specific user) as he's already broken two of the seven rules.

Power isn't all that, it just adds to the corruption of idiots.

I suppose I support this. I feel your pain. :)

Support the mod review option.

I have first handedly seen a large portion of people in the chat being retarded and the minority actually being the correct people so I believe until this community grow up we can't add in a vote to kick feature.. I'd personally love a vote to kick option but the community aren't mature enough.