Biologist

You would probably get a permanent ban.

When they gave you a temporary ban for botting you were very lucky that they gave you another chance. 
Its highly unlikely that they would give you an extra chance when you get caught for the same offence.

Edited by Mephisto

On 12/15/2018 at 5:34 AM, Mephisto said:

You would probably get a permanent ban.

When they gave you a temporary ban for botting you were very lucky that they gave you another chance. 
Its highly unlikely that they would give you an extra chance when you get caught for the same offence.

Edited by Biologist

34 minutes ago, Biologist said:

So i just recently started casually playing runescape again after a while and am not too familiar with the current state of runescape. Back then, all people caught botting received a temp ban and getting caught again while your first offense was still active resulted in a perminent ban. Judging by your response, i would assume that this has changed? Does jagex really just straight up give perm bans now even if it was your very first offense, etc? thank you.

Yes, they do give straight perms. From my experience they give straight perms to fresh accounts and to behaviour linked to goldfarming, but temp bans to older accounts who are just botting levels.

• Like 1

It can be either, i've only received temporary bans after expired bans, but a friend of mine received permanent ban instantly even though his ban was expired.

Then again he was botting zulrah so it could be perm ban for the first time because it counts as gold farming. (Before he had only gotten temp bans for botting zulrah)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biologist said:

So i just recently started casually playing runescape again after a while and am not too familiar with the current state of runescape. Back then, all people caught botting received a temp ban and getting caught again while your first offense was still active resulted in a perminent ban. Judging by your response, i would assume that this has changed? Does jagex really just straight up give perm bans now even if it was your very first offense, etc? thank you.

Yes like @JARNQ says it can be either.

Some of my bots received a permanent ban without any prior temporary bans, some of my bots got a temporary ban first before they got permanently banned. 

8 minutes ago, JARNQ said:

It can be either, i've only received temporary bans after expired bans, but a friend of mine received permanent ban instantly even though his ban was expired.

Then again he was botting zulrah so it could be perm ban for the first time because it counts as gold farming. (Before he had only gotten temp bans for botting zulrah)

I don't think they give permanent bans depending on if the bot was goldfarming or not. (I recently had some 2 day bans on some my Zulrah bots). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mephisto said:

Yes like @JARNQ says it can be either.

Some of my bots received a permanent ban without any prior temporary bans, some of my bots got a temporary ban first before they got permanently banned. 

I don't think they give permanent bans depending on if the bot was goldfarming or not. (I recently had some 2 day bans on some my Zulrah bots). 

I've only got 2 day bans on my zulrah bots too, but i've always thought gold farming is instant permanent ban, especially on new accounts. This isn't 100% though.

Maybe the account level etc. matters more or something.

1 hour ago, Biologist said:

Thanks to everyone for the reply. This would just be on my main, no goldfarming whatsoever. Just kind of skeptical on the current state of osrs in terms of getting caught. anyone know which scripts/skills have the lowest ban rates? I would be approaching botting (if i decide to do so) this time around extremely smarter than ever before. 

Well, you can start off by not using free-scripts, I believe those have the highest & fastests banrates because they have some flaws in the script & many people use them.

Best is to get your own private script and do things no-one else does & make sure your bot act as "human" as possible.

Click intensive skills have the fastest-ban rates, thats because a lot of people can't do click intensive things for a couple hours straight. (So when a player does do a click intensive method/skill its highly unlikely that its a legit player). 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Biologist said:

Thanks to everyone for the reply. This would just be on my main, no goldfarming whatsoever. Just kind of skeptical on the current state of osrs in terms of getting caught. anyone know which scripts/skills have the lowest ban rates? I would be approaching botting (if i decide to do so) this time around extremely smarter than ever before. 

For lowest banrate you'd want to use a script that doesn't need to do much, so they can't get too much info out of the clicks etc.

If you use a nmz script that doesn't walk (1 dream per run, no powerups, etc.) you should be pretty good.

Also reports seem to matter A LOT. I've been afking nmz on my accounts and the only accounts i've received a ban on have been the ones where i've seen people type "reported" ingame while i'm in the nmz lobby.

• Like 1