Clean sources?

HexMurder

I'm a fairly experienced software developer and recently decided I wanted to learn to write bots. I have written a few very basic bots just to get the hang of it. I.e. power chopper, g.e. looter, a fishing bot that gets its own wood and cooks the fish. These are all useful of course, but they are very basic. And the code I have written for them is very procedural, and i am sure they would be detected very easily. I'm just looking for some basic, clean sources, that implement some anti ban methods that i can study. I have looked at a bunch of things in the snippet section but most of them are exactly that. Snippets. I'm by no means looking to copy / paste a source, I just want to learn from someone who already knows what they are doing. Also, at what point would it be acceptable to apply for scripter rank? Thanks in advance guys.

Ask yourself: Antiban? What would that consist of? Everything a human represents? No human would 'randomly' move the screen, no human would 'randomly' miswalk (You cannot simply program human 'mistakes' - I mean with mistakes, is what the anti-ban mostly consists of), it's all coincidence. Moral of the story: No such thing as antiban, it has all be done before and nothing has proven to be working for that matter. Just bring yourself to the next step where you would have to think: What would I have to do, to achieve that? (Script wise, what script do you want to make, and what would you need to make that?) - You could always write yourself some 'psuedo' code, for example:

Walk from A (Bank) to B (Spot)

Pick up berries at spot B

Walk back to spot A (Bank)

Mix berries with something

Deposit to bank > A

Repeat 

Ofcourse each step has it's own code block, but this way you _might_ make it more of a clear view for yourself.

Edited by Hi G00gle

2 minutes ago, Hi G00gle said:

Ask yourself: Antiban? What would that consist of? Everything a human represents? No human would 'randomly' move the screen, no human would 'randomly' miswalk (You cannot simply program human 'mistakes' - I mean with mistakes, is what the anti-ban mostly consists of), it's all coincidence. Moral of the story: No such thing as antiban, it has all be done before and nothing has proven to be working for that matter. Just bring yourself to the next step where you would have to think: What would I have to do, to achieve that? 

Right, I get the whole idea of anti ban. I just want to see how people already implement it into their code.

You could record yourself doing some mundane activity, draft up a workflow, then try to implement it. If you're looking to implement an anti-ban, then it's a waste of time as there's no guarantee they even work. However, there are certain behaviours that might be worth exhibiting, for example, right clicking a fishing pool to figure out whether it's the pool you're after. I'd has at a guess that all the fishing scripts currently out there don't do this and get a 100% accuracy rate fishing at the right spot, which is very suspect at places like Catherby.

40 minutes ago, liverare said:

You could record yourself doing some mundane activity, draft up a workflow, then try to implement it. If you're looking to implement an anti-ban, then it's a waste of time as there's no guarantee they even work. However, there are certain behaviours that might be worth exhibiting, for example, right clicking a fishing pool to figure out whether it's the pool you're after. I'd has at a guess that all the fishing scripts currently out there don't do this and get a 100% accuracy rate fishing at the right spot, which is very suspect at places like Catherby.

Okay well, funny. Perfect Fisher actually does right click some times I noticed. But no one is answering is question. Osbot is kind butt when it comes to anti ban - you have to make your own. There are other clients that have antiban in their api and you just implement it into your source.

32 minutes ago, RawrChad said:

Okay well, funny. Perfect Fisher actually does right click some times I noticed. But no one is answering is question. Osbot is kind butt when it comes to anti ban - you have to make your own. There are other clients that have antiban in their api and you just implement it into your source.

There is no such thing as anti-ban. The only reason scripters will label a script with "anti-ban" is to help it sell. Chances are if you ask the scripter what that anti-ban is, they'll tell you it's disclosed information as to not expose what their anti-ban is, which never existed in the first place.

So yeah, anti-ban is not a real thing. Doesn't work, does 0% to reduce ban rate. Best off just perfecting your code and not worrying about anti-ban procedures at all. To those who don't want to believe me - I can script as well. Anti-ban procedures DO NOTHING.

Edited by AsBakedAsCake

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Take a look about what Alek says here especially about anti-ban. IMO I completely agree that anti-ban does nothing and is completely useless and is just used as a "marketing" ploy. 

Ah, this is a good read. I may not be a long-time member here but Alek seems to know EXACTLY what he's talking about. This pretty much states all that I was trying to say. I recommend anyone who believes in "antiban" give this a read.

I must disagree with you here. Anti-Bans will not make you drastically less likely to be banned, but they do help ~marginally at best~ in my experience, it depends largely on what you are adding, any extra actions, such as checking woodcutting xp, making random mouse events, random camera movements etc, do not really help much. Though in my experience I have found more practical mindfulness in your coding goes leaps and bounds. For instance, does your script runecraft in the abyss? if so, don't allow it to be zoomed in so much that it is just looking at the player and running to a place it visually cannot see (in this case, a real player would be watching for pkers!), or another example is adding slight delays (possibly even a randomized selection of a wait time or order of events?) as no one is going to be making  tick for tick optimal actions all the time for an hour straight, regardless of the task. Really it boils down to watching your script run for a few times all the way through and thinking, "If I was spectating this account, how artificial does this look?  Can I rule within reason that this is a bot just by watching it?" This type of thinking has gone far in avoiding manual bans in many games, even various types of cheating from Runescape botting to CSGO hacking. I agree that many people misuse the term anti ban to get extra cash selling scripts, but in my experience, its simply untrue to claim that making your scripts more "Humanlike" doesnt affect manual bans in atleast some way.

Tl:dr

Dont try and implement an anti-ban per se, try implementing a more humanlike process.

Edit: In addition, it should be pointed out that these methods could and would only effect manual bans, and have no noticeable effect on the automatic ban rate by BotWatch in my experience.

Edited by Guy Fieri

The general consensus here is that anti-ban is dumb and it shoudn't be implemented.

Conventional thinking should always be challenged though. I don't really agree with the consensus but the majority do have a point in the sense that anti-ban has not been effective. It's very possible to create something to counteract the bans. It just not has been done right so far.

When it comes down to it, all bot interacts generalize to a certain behavior. Regardless of what strategy you may do to make the bot perform like a human, it still does human things in a bot like way.  GL coming up with some idea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guy Fieri said:

I must disagree with you here. Anti-Bans will not make you drastically less likely to be banned, but they do help ~marginally at best~ in my experience, it depends largely on what you are adding, any extra actions, such as checking woodcutting xp, making random mouse events, random camera movements etc, do not really help much. Though in my experience I have found more practical mindfulness in your coding goes leaps and bounds. For instance, does your script runecraft in the abyss? if so, don't allow it to be zoomed in so much that it is just looking at the player and running to a place it visually cannot see (in this case, a real player would be watching for pkers!), or another example is adding slight delays (possibly even a randomized selection of a wait time or order of events?) as no one is going to be making  tick for tick optimal actions all the time for an hour straight, regardless of the task. Really it boils down to watching your script run for a few times all the way through and thinking, "If I was spectating this account, how artificial does this look?  Can I rule within reason that this is a bot just by watching it?" This type of thinking has gone far in avoiding manual bans in many games, even various types of cheating from Runescape botting to CSGO hacking. I agree that many people misuse the term anti ban to get extra cash selling scripts, but in my experience, its simply untrue to claim that making your scripts more "Humanlike" doesnt affect manual bans in atleast some way.

Once again this is misinformation. Antiban does NOTHING - no if ands or buts about it. Most bans are by their automated system, they're not going to manually look into each account to see if you look like a bot or not. "Spectating" accounts is not a thing on Runescape.

But feel free to disagree with me, just stating that you are wrong, however.

There is a difference between antiban and GOOD code. If you're receiving fast bans it's most likely because the code is TRASH - not because the script doesn't contain "antiban." This is about as far into it as I'll go to prove my point though. Anyone can agree to disagree if they want to.

1 minute ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

Once again this is misinformation. Antiban does NOTHING - no if ands or buts about it. Most bans are by their automated system, they're not going to manually look into each account to see if you look like a bot or not. "Spectating" accounts is not a thing on Runescape.

But feel free to disagree with me, just stating that you are wrong, however.

There is a difference between antiban and GOOD code. If you're receiving fast bans it's most likely because the code is TRASH - not because the script doesn't contain "antiban." This is about as far into it as I'll go to prove my point though. Anyone can agree to disagree if they want to.

You are right, I should have explicitly stated my opinion that I believe these to effect manual bans only. I agree with you and will meet you halfway at the fact that anti ban and human-likeness does nothing to stop BotWatch (the automatic banning system)