Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Tom said:

Yep, added trial

Thanks!

(tested it for safespotting - magic)

Here are some Pros:

I can only compare it to PF/Perfect Fighter because that's the only script I've tried but I really like how clean and functional the UI is (Although that script had more features, some of them were seemingly broken and others were bugging out or not saving/loading correctly after restarting). Pulling monsters around annoying corners when you don't have line-of-sight on your target also seems really clean with this script, PF would often stutter and spam-click between attacking the target and running back to the safespot. If this script can't get line-of-sight and is forced to run forward to hit something it'll let you run out and get a proper shot off to pull the enemy back before it runs back to the safespot. It also waits a little bit longer to give the monster time to walk over so you don't get stuck running in and out of cover.

Couple of Cons:

Some issues - some big, some small:

• The "replace" option that you can attribute to items doesn't work correctly, I think it's mistaking bag slot 0 for 1, 1 for 2, 2 for 3 etc. it drops the item next to the one it's trying to replace and as a result gets stuck in a loop (video example here)
  • When you have bury bones enabled, the script will hover over any other items looted from that same pile one by one - as if it's looking for a "bury" option on each and every item.
  • It deals with PJers terribly, straight up. If someone tags the enemy you're trying to kill in single combat it'll continue clicking it over and over again. Huge magnet for player reports - very bad.
  • The safespot isn't saved across sessions? When I start the script in a bank it places the safespot under me and runs to the farming spot but turns around when it gets there because the safespot has now been moved.
  • Always uses the minimap to retreat to the safespot instead of ground clicking, it's not very human-like to make quick and accurate minimap clicks to the same square over and over again, especially when that square may only be a couple of steps away and in clear view. IMO it should ground-click as long as you're nearby the safespot. Also if it does missclick the safespot on the minimap it takes a very long time to readjust the position and again does a small 1 square readjustment via the minimap which is very botlike. No one makes small, fine movement control via the minimap. Maybe it doesn't trigger any kind of flags in Jagex's systems, what do i know? It does however look very bad in terms of human review.
  • I don't personally need this because I can just copy the config file and save it in a seperate folder with names like (hill giants - magic safespot) (chickens - melee) etc. but there should be a feature where you can "save as" and "load" specific configs/profiles for convenience.

An option I'd like to see... is there a happy medium between having "Loot when out of combat" enabled/disabled? Because it's a bit of an issue for me:

• When enabled you will never leave the safespot to loot unless all enemies in the zone are dead (which would sometimes be good if the enemies are very dangerous) but it means that if you don't kill them fast enough the script won't loot anything at all and just constantly acquires new targets. On the flip side if you enable the option your character will immediately run away from the safespot to loot things during the middle of a fight. A very nice alternative would be to have an option to loot even if there are enemies around.. but only start looting once the current target dies. It would make the looting less disruptive, much more human-like and you'd take fewer hits from running in and out constantly if other people are leaving their loot on the ground. Having the option to loot -> retreat to the safespot -> bury bones would be nice as well instead of burying the bones among all the enemies.

EDIT:

I guess the way it deals with PJers is the dealbreaker for me, really wish that'd get fixed because it'll probably get you some player reports if you leave the bot alone.

Aside from that I wish it had some cleaner looting & burying, the loop bug is obviously really bad but as long as you know about it you can just avoid it by not using the "replace item" feature.

Edited by osrsf2p

10 hours ago, osrsf2p said:

Thanks!

(tested it for safespotting - magic)

Here are some Pros:

I can only compare it to PF/Perfect Fighter because that's the only script I've tried but I really like how clean and functional the UI is (Although that script had more features, some of them were seemingly broken and others were bugging out or not saving/loading correctly after restarting). Pulling monsters around annoying corners when you don't have line-of-sight on your target also seems really clean with this script, PF would often stutter and spam-click between attacking the target and running back to the safespot. If this script can't get line-of-sight and is forced to run forward to hit something it'll let you run out and get a proper shot off to pull the enemy back before it runs back to the safespot. It also waits a little bit longer to give the monster time to walk over so you don't get stuck running in and out of cover.

Couple of Cons:

Some issues - some big, some small:

• The "replace" option that you can attribute to items doesn't work correctly, I think it's mistaking bag slot 0 for 1, 1 for 2, 2 for 3 etc. it drops the item next to the one it's trying to replace and as a result gets stuck in a loop (video example here)
  • When you have bury bones enabled, the script will hover over any other items looted from that same pile one by one - as if it's looking for a "bury" option on each and every item.
  • It deals with PJers terribly, straight up. If someone tags the enemy you're trying to kill in single combat it'll continue clicking it over and over again. Huge magnet for player reports - very bad.
  • The safespot isn't saved across sessions? When I start the script in a bank it places the safespot under me and runs to the farming spot but turns around when it gets there because the safespot has now been moved.
  • Always uses the minimap to retreat to the safespot instead of ground clicking, it's not very human-like to make quick and accurate minimap clicks to the same square over and over again, especially when that square may only be a couple of steps away and in clear view. IMO it should ground-click as long as you're nearby the safespot. Also if it does missclick the safespot on the minimap it takes a very long time to readjust the position and again does a small 1 square readjustment via the minimap which is very botlike. No one makes small, fine movement control via the minimap. Maybe it doesn't trigger any kind of flags in Jagex's systems, what do i know? It does however look very bad in terms of human review.
  • I don't personally need this because I can just copy the config file and save it in a seperate folder with names like (hill giants - magic safespot) (chickens - melee) etc. but there should be a feature where you can "save as" and "load" specific configs/profiles for convenience.

An option I'd like to see... is there a happy medium between having "Loot when out of combat" enabled/disabled? Because it's a bit of an issue for me:

• When enabled you will never leave the safespot to loot unless all enemies in the zone are dead (which would sometimes be good if the enemies are very dangerous) but it means that if you don't kill them fast enough the script won't loot anything at all and just constantly acquires new targets. On the flip side if you enable the option your character will immediately run away from the safespot to loot things during the middle of a fight. A very nice alternative would be to have an option to loot even if there are enemies around.. but only start looting once the current target dies. It would make the looting less disruptive, much more human-like and you'd take fewer hits from running in and out constantly if other people are leaving their loot on the ground. Having the option to loot -> retreat to the safespot -> bury bones would be nice as well instead of burying the bones among all the enemies.

EDIT:

I guess the way it deals with PJers is the dealbreaker for me, really wish that'd get fixed because it'll probably get you some player reports if you leave the bot alone.

Aside from that I wish it had some cleaner looting & burying, the loop bug is obviously really bad but as long as you know about it you can just avoid it by not using the "replace item" feature.

Amazing feedback.

You raise some good points which were actually in the original scope of the script, config save as, looting out of combat, etc.

The PJer thing shouldnt be happening full stop, I'll fix that. Replace feature will need to be fixed as well so I will correct that in the same update.

I believe the script will use map to walk to safespot if there are items on the floor normally, or it cant see the spot. I'll see if I can adjust this.

Safespot unfortunately doesnt save across sessions at the moment, it was a bit of a design choice but I do see a viable solution that I can integrate. A lot of people were starting the script without setting a spot at all.

Can fix the bone bury as well, and will look to include the advanced config in the next update.

Happy to give you another trial once it has been approved

Edit: update with major issues has been submitted. May take 24 hours

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 9:59 AM, Tom said:

Edit: update with major issues has been submitted. May take 24 hours

Good stuff 👍

Had some things to do today but I got to test it out for a while this morning, trial ran out by now though. I tried some range training this time instead of magic (safespotting barbarians). If you want some feedback on that as well I'll put down some points, ranged doesn't seem to be that well supported unless you're ignoring ammo.. but it's basically the same as magic then.

• No way to equip ammo + scheduling not working?

(the schedule feature is kind of a "luxury feature" though)

No ammo equip feature, I even tried to schedule equipping arrows after each range level-up (a bit tedious to create the schedule but it would theoretically work OK unless you're very high range level) but it didn't seem to work at all, scheduling might be broken? Adding an "equip" check-box in the loot options tab might be a good solution. It would work well for throwing weapons like darts and knives too. Ideally it would equip them AFTER returning to the safespot or at least wait until all ground items have been looted. Otherwise the bot is going to run around picking up and equipping 1 arrow at a time.

• No good way to loot ammo 

(somewhat reiterating my issues with "Loot when out of combat" here I guess..).

The issue with "Loot when out of combat" becomes even more apparent when safespotting with range. When I was maging I disabled the option but disabling it is out of the question with range because you'll fire 1 arrow, pick it up - repeat. However the alternative of enabling it causes the same issue as with burying bones - the bot constantly acquiring new targets and never taking any breaks to actually pick up the arrows. The only solution I've found to this right now is limiting your selected fight zone heavily to ensure that not too many enemies will be within its bounds at one time. Only if you manage to kill all the enemies in the zone will the script start looting and then it has to wait for new targets to walk in to the zone. You need to break this loop at some point and make the script scan for loot on the ground, preferably after your current target dies? (In other words lol)

• Bonus feature to expand on the previous point, add an option like: "Wait for loot to appear"

A feature for if you want the bot to wait 3-4 seconds and make sure that it both kills and loots the same target immediately upon death, I don't think it should be baked in to "Loot when out of combat" because waiting for loot is pretty slow and isn't always necessary. It's good if you want to be extra careful with your pulls in risky places though.

• If your inventory is full it doesn't pick up stackable items

I assume the "noted" item check-box in the looting tab is supposed to be used for stacking items? It wasn't working for me though (at least not with arrows, I didn't try it with runes or other things like noted essence yet)

• Can't save the schedule across sessions

I had to manually redo my schedule every time I stopped and restarted the script, saving and loading the config erased the schedule.

• Why is it looting cooked meat? 😂

For some reason it's looting cooked meat in the barbarian village hall even though I didn't configure it to pick them up, I had the loot value on like 400gp as well. Not sure whats up with that..? It's not because it's on top of the table and the bot is missclicking them because it picked it up after I manually dropped them as well.

Things I noticed yesterday but forgot to mention/write it down:

• If I recall correctly.. the "Pick up items worth more than.." option does not determine the price based on the entire stacks value. So for example: if you have it set to 500+ and something drops 20 nature runes you won't pick them up because the price of 1 nature rune is 270 gp.

EDIT: oops didnt mean to post the image directly in to the post, didnt see it cause adblock blocked it.

Edited by osrsf2p

10 hours ago, osrsf2p said:

Good stuff 👍

Had some things to do today but I got to test it out for a while this morning, trial ran out by now though. I tried some range training this time instead of magic (safespotting barbarians). If you want some feedback on that as well I'll put down some points, ranged doesn't seem to be that well supported unless you're ignoring ammo.. but it's basically the same as magic then.

• No way to equip ammo + scheduling not working?

(the schedule feature is kind of a "luxury feature" though)

No ammo equip feature, I even tried to schedule equipping arrows after each range level-up (a bit tedious to create the schedule but it would theoretically work OK unless you're very high range level) but it didn't seem to work at all, scheduling might be broken? Adding an "equip" check-box in the loot options tab might be a good solution. It would work well for throwing weapons like darts and knives too. Ideally it would equip them AFTER returning to the safespot or at least wait until all ground items have been looted. Otherwise the bot is going to run around picking up and equipping 1 arrow at a time.

• No good way to loot ammo 

(somewhat reiterating my issues with "Loot when out of combat" here I guess..).

The issue with "Loot when out of combat" becomes even more apparent when safespotting with range. When I was maging I disabled the option but disabling it is out of the question with range because you'll fire 1 arrow, pick it up - repeat. However the alternative of enabling it causes the same issue as with burying bones - the bot constantly acquiring new targets and never taking any breaks to actually pick up the arrows. The only solution I've found to this right now is limiting your selected fight zone heavily to ensure that not too many enemies will be within its bounds at one time. Only if you manage to kill all the enemies in the zone will the script start looting and then it has to wait for new targets to walk in to the zone. You need to break this loop at some point and make the script scan for loot on the ground, preferably after your current target dies? (In other words lol)

• Bonus feature to expand on the previous point, add an option like: "Wait for loot to appear"

A feature for if you want the bot to wait 3-4 seconds and make sure that it both kills and loots the same target immediately upon death, I don't think it should be baked in to "Loot when out of combat" because waiting for loot is pretty slow and isn't always necessary. It's good if you want to be extra careful with your pulls in risky places though.

• If your inventory is full it doesn't pick up stackable items

I assume the "noted" item check-box in the looting tab is supposed to be used for stacking items? It wasn't working for me though (at least not with arrows, I didn't try it with runes or other things like noted essence yet)

• Can't save the schedule across sessions

I had to manually redo my schedule every time I stopped and restarted the script, saving and loading the config erased the schedule.

• Why is it looting cooked meat? 😂

For some reason it's looting cooked meat in the barbarian village hall even though I didn't configure it to pick them up, I had the loot value on like 400gp as well. Not sure whats up with that..? It's not because it's on top of the table and the bot is missclicking them because it picked it up after I manually dropped them as well.

Things I noticed yesterday but forgot to mention/write it down:

pDR9v2k.jpg

• If I recall correctly.. the "Pick up items worth more than.." option does not determine the price based on the entire stacks value. So for example: if you have it set to 500+ and something drops 20 nature runes you won't pick them up because the price of 1 nature rune is 270 gp.

Good feedback once again,

The issue with bones / ammo has been one for a while, I have noticed it myself but as you mentioned in the previous post its hard to find a middle ground. I don't want to add too many configuration options. The bone thing is kind of related to waiting until loot spawns, but at what point do you want to sacrifice that XP / H to wait for a little bit of prayer XP?

The scheduler doesnt save because the next time you run the script most of those conditions will likely not be met and cause some weird issues. If you load it in and tell it to swap to a steel scimitar at attack, but you already have 20 attack, it could execute something you dont want it to. I saw the only real benefit of saving to be for people running bot farms or something.

It shouldnt be looting cooked meat, but it might be because of the safespot swap I did earlier where it tries to click the tile but clicks the meat instead, try drop it on the tile next to where you safespot.

Full inventory thing is a little tricky, ill see what I can do there though

I've adjusted the loot above value to calculate price of entire stack

1 hour ago, Tom said:

The issue with bones / ammo has been one for a while, I have noticed it myself but as you mentioned in the previous post its hard to find a middle ground. I don't want to add too many configuration options. The bone thing is kind of related to waiting until loot spawns, but at what point do you want to sacrifice that XP / H to wait for a little bit of prayer XP?

Well, in F2P there are no alternatives for gaining prayer XP :D (esp. iron men)

IDK if my advice on how to solve things is that useful considering you probably know a whole lot more than me about coding lol but wouldn't a "Scan for loot after X kills" be a good way to decide between xp/h and prioritizing loot? It does mean adding another config option though but without some kind of additional option the "Loot when out of combat" becomes kind of a pointless feature, no? Because when enabled it basically just means "Ignore all loot" which is already possible by simply not adding anything to the loot table.

So lets take some examples

If you're just mowing down targets quickly, killing cows for cowhides perhaps. You might set it to like 8-10:

• kill 8-10 cows -> force start looting sequence and loot all the hides -> repeat

But for a higher HP target like fire giants, lets assume you want to bury their bones. You might want a value of 2-4 depending on your stats:

• kill 2-4 -> loot/bury -> repeat

At that point you basically just ask yourself "how many monsters can I kill before the loot starts to appear to other players" and then you put the value somewhere below that number to ensure that if a rune scimitar or something similar drops, it doesn't get sniped by someone else before the bot starts the looting sequence. Now maybe that wouldn't really work for whatever reason related to how your script is coded that I'm unaware of but if it does it would give you amazing control over the looting behavior of the bot and it would make the bot very efficient at balancing between killing and looting. It's already really good at powerfarming things from a safespot imo. (esp. if you already fixed the PJing issue now)

Anyway, ty for addressing these issues. If it's too much shit to read or you just want feedback specific to script breaking issues just let me know. I don't AFK bot so I'm quick to notice if something screws up.

25 minutes ago, osrsf2p said:

Well, in F2P there are no alternatives for gaining prayer XP :D (esp. iron men)

IDK if my advice on how to solve things is that useful considering you probably know a whole lot more than me about coding lol but wouldn't a "Scan for loot after X kills" be a good way to decide between xp/h and prioritizing loot? It does mean adding another config option though but without some kind of additional option the "Loot when out of combat" becomes kind of a pointless feature, no? Because when enabled it basically just means "Ignore all loot" which is already possible by simply not adding anything to the loot table.

So lets take some examples

If you're just mowing down targets quickly, killing cows for cowhides perhaps. You might set it to like 8-10:

• kill 8-10 cows -> force start looting sequence and loot all the hides -> repeat

But for a higher HP target like fire giants, lets assume you want to bury their bones. You might want a value of 2-4 depending on your stats:

• kill 2-4 -> loot/bury -> repeat

At that point you basically just ask yourself "how many monsters can I kill before the loot starts to appear to other players" and then you put the value somewhere below that number to ensure that if a rune scimitar or something similar drops, it doesn't get sniped by someone else before the bot starts the looting sequence. Now maybe that wouldn't really work for whatever reason related to how your script is coded that I'm unaware of but if it does it would give you amazing control over the looting behavior of the bot and it would make the bot very efficient at balancing between killing and looting. It's already really good at powerfarming things from a safespot imo. (esp. if you already fixed the PJing issue now)

Anyway, ty for addressing these issues. If it's too much shit to read or you just want feedback specific to script breaking issues just let me know. I don't AFK bot so I'm quick to notice if something screws up.

That solution is pretty good if I make it customizable. I just have to find some space in the GUI for it, and add more ingredients to the bowl of spaghetti that this script has become