Shedding some light.

Decode

1 minute ago, Hanul said:

Idk you should ask the person who made the post 

Again, this wasn't a decision made by one person, rather it was a collective one. The sooner you understand that fact, the better for everyone involved. No need to stir shit up when non of what you're implying is actually there. 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Hanul said:

Lol what a joke..... bet if this was the case with any other person nothing would have happened and would just be banned indefinitely. I understand maybe doing it once forgiving lol but this isn’t the case. Even if he is twc it’s hard for new members to even see a twc since there’s legit no other way unless you click your profile. Scammers will always be scammers till heart especially doing it more than once and fucking over people.

I was banned for scamming back in 2010. I've been osbot admin for 5 years.. you do realize people can grow up. 

There have been 50+ people unbanned and placed in twc once they refunded. 

1 hour ago, Juggles said:

Hmmmmm wow. So everyone was refunded?

He received all the money, but no they havent actually received their money. Decode has paid a few back, but still has the gp to pay the remaining. Also bestcaper gave us extra money for another scammer @Deso is also known as user @nicksep who is banned for scamming.

So a lot of people are being refunded.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, My Roxy said:

If it happens again I would expect full repercussions. 

If it happens again he will never have a chance to return. We give everyone a couple chances. He has none left 

Just like @TWCwho was banned multiple times for scamming now runs a very successful and big gold shop.

This is somewhat disappointing, but, I guess people can change and grow up over time, but that's the determining factor, time, A LOT of time has to pass and influence has to be given for that change. There are reasons why people scam, there's a strong incentive to scam instead of doing otherwise, but if OSRS Butlers must know one thing, it should be this, it is in your utmost interest that you create and sustain a reliable and genuine business for the long term prosperity and health of your business. What this means is that IT IS in your best interest to not scam and to not lie and to not be deceitful, because that way you can go on earning for the the long term rather than a short lived scam which will inevitably end up with you feeling bad. Find this if anything as your incentive to not scam and be a decent human being.

I'm just curious as to whether butlers made any proactive measures towards reforming?

• His apology barely admitted guilt and glossed over what he actually did.
  • He was scamming and ban evading for months, nobody can argue that this was a mistake or a lapse in judgement
  • He didn't even receive a suspension - a TWC is literally the lightest form of punishment osbot can provide, and the fact that there's no set date to guarantee the punishment constitutes more than a slap on the wrist worries me.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm just curious as to whether butlers made any proactive measures towards reforming?

• He was scamming and ban evading for months, nobody can argue that this was a mistake or a lapse in judgement
  • He didn't even receive a suspension - a TWC is literally the lightest form of punishment osbot can provide, and the fact that there's no set date to guarantee the punishment constitutes more than a slap on the wrist worries me.

You're wondering if you should even stay on a website with management that reacts like this to what's been done? I agree with you that what he said wasn't very solid but he's likely young.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yes, he apologised in chatbox moments before he was rebanned the other day. Then instantly began acting out again in the form of vading and blackmailing/withholding payments. Sounds constructive don't you think?

Add in the 0 negative feedback he now has so that when his TWC is removed he's on the same playing field as everyone who's never put a foot wrong. How...fair?

• Like 2

Just now, Raguto said:

You're wondering if you should even stay on a website with management that reacts like this to what's been done? I agree with you that what he said wasn't very solid but he's likely young.

I never said I was wondering that. I said that I'm worried that the current punishment could enable him to scam more members of the community. This wasn't a single offence, and considering how bad the scamming was, an apology would have to be *very* good and coupled with some meaningful steps towards change for me to even begin to consider it.

• Like 1