Interesting Question

Malcolm

I know that none of us work for Jagex. Clearly. Unless Jed is somewhere around here.

What are your thoughts on this

If you have an OSBot client open along side a vanilla RuneScape Client, do you think Jagex would be able to detect you having an OSBot client open via the main client?

Then say you were playing on your main on the Vanilla client with an OSBot client open with proxies etc. 

Do you guys think they could detect and ban your main that way?

1 minute ago, H0rn said:

You're asking if Jagex has access to your memory outside of their client.

Personally I think that's a big breach of privacy, could be wrong.

In games like CSGO, ESEA in particular. They disclose it but they say when you play on their servers that they basically have access to everything you're doing on your PC and thats how they know you're cheating.

I would assume it to be a big breach of privacy also. It's possible that they disclose it somewhere and that they do it or it's possible that they don't disclose it and still do it and its possible that they can't tell whats open on your pc.

Of course none of us know. I'm more asking on inputs and what people think about it

3 minutes ago, Malcolm_OS said:

In games like CSGO, ESEA in particular. They disclose it but they say when you play on their servers that they basically have access to everything you're doing on your PC and thats how they know you're cheating.

I would assume it to be a big breach of privacy also. It's possible that they disclose it somewhere and that they do it or it's possible that they don't disclose it and still do it and its possible that they can't tell whats open on your pc.

Of course none of us know. I'm more asking on inputs and what people think about it

ESEA are known for their bullshit, they once installed a bitcoin miner in their paying customers clients without disclosing it ? (https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/esea-accidentally-release-malware-into-public-client-causing-users-to-farm-bitcoins/)

Valve on the other hand, well VAC sucks, I am/was a big CSGO player, I've played over 5,000 hours on my two main accounts and cheated on smurfs for the banter, never been banned on my main accounts.

Edited by H0rn

7 minutes ago, H0rn said:

ESEA are known for their bullshit, they once installed a bitcoin miner in their paying customers clients without disclosing it ? (https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/esea-accidentally-release-malware-into-public-client-causing-users-to-farm-bitcoins/)

Valve on the other hand, well VAC sucks, I am/was a big CSGO player, I've played over 5,000 hours on my two main accounts and cheated on smurfs for the banter, never been banned on my main accounts.

WOW I never knew that about ESEA! LOL

For Valve, yes, VAC blows. I have been cheating on an account that is LE for almost 6 months and have not been banned 

1 minute ago, gekkebakker said:

go for it bruhf

I mean the Scripter blue ?

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_OS said:

WOW I never knew that about ESEA! LOL

For Valve, yes, VAC blows. I have been cheating on an account that is LE for almost 6 months and have not been banned 

I mean the Scripter blue ?

Haha it isn't something they are proud of, they got absolutely fisted in the US courts for that as far as I am aware.

15 minutes ago, Alek said:

There isn't an anticheat that's scanning your computer, so no. You can have OSBot open on your computer and you do not consent to them scanning for it. 

I'm certainly inclined to agree with you. 

It's just interesting to see what some people think about this sort of conspiracy theory.

26 minutes ago, Malcolm_OS said:

I'm certainly inclined to agree with you. 

It's just interesting to see what some people think about this sort of conspiracy theory.

It really doesn't matter what people think if they're wrong. If there isn't evidence to prove it then that's one thing. If there's evidence proving it then opinions don't exist at that point, it's just purely facts.

22 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

It really doesn't matter what people think if they're wrong. If there isn't evidence to prove it then that's one thing. If there's evidence proving it then opinions don't exist at that point, it's just purely facts.

Well there isn't evidence to prove either way.

I personally don't think they can tell but I just like to stir the pot a bit