Twords Stealth Botting

z10n

What does Jagex see when we bot?

1. Client

2. Play-pattern

3. Time played

1. Client, stealth injection has worked, Im curious, does the client act identical (network wise) to the official client? Perhaps we should wireshark/packet trace the normal client after botting mirror mode on it, to see if it gets some unique/magic packet that only the official client responds too (a legitimacy check packet, (triggered by botting (undetected on mirror mode))).

So Im thinking mirror mode is going to be the best way, so Jagex sees us playing on the official client. Or to upgrade stealth injection so its 100% same server side (just wireshark and watch imo).

2. Play pattern, perhaps more human-data, similar to Clouse on competitor site. Human data, and more randomized data, so 100 accounts all running the same API and script would behave differently, based on some 'unique seed'.

(Perhaps delaying clicks, or going to click, then moving mouse off screen as if something changed its mind etc)

I think human data &/or increased entropy would be best for the stock API movements, what do all bots have in common? and add entropy to those factors, such as perhaps mouse movement speed, random dismissal technique and delay etc and so on, for everything.

3. Fatigue system is good IMO, as thats how humans work.

Thoughts? Improvements? Ty!

I think complete uniqueness is the aim. ty

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2018 at 12:41 PM, z10n said:

What does Jagex see when we bot?

1. Client

2. Play-pattern

3. Time played

1. Client, stealth injection has worked, Im curious, does the client act identical (network wise) to the official client? Perhaps we should wireshark/packet trace the normal client after botting mirror mode on it, to see if it gets some unique/magic packet that only the official client responds too (a legitimacy check packet, (triggered by botting (undetected on mirror mode))).

So Im thinking mirror mode is going to be the best way, so Jagex sees us playing on the official client. Or to upgrade stealth injection so its 100% same server side (just wireshark and watch imo).

2. Play pattern, perhaps more human-data, similar to Clouse on competitor site. Human data, and more randomized data, so 100 accounts all running the same API and script would behave differently, based on some 'unique seed'.

(Perhaps delaying clicks, or going to click, then moving mouse off screen as if something changed its mind etc)

I think human data &/or increased entropy would be best for the stock API movements, what do all bots have in common? and add entropy to those factors, such as perhaps mouse movement speed, random dismissal technique and delay etc and so on, for everything.

3. Fatigue system is good IMO, as thats how humans work.

Thoughts? Improvements? Ty!

I think complete uniqueness is the aim. ty

Is it possible to make a monitoring script to record patterns and mouse behaviors to use and base coding off of that of an actual person who is actually playing?

40 minutes ago, z10n said:

Yes its possbile, a competitior has done this: track mouse speed and path to click on different sized geometric shapes.

So that the bot can generate a path based on the human path+click. OSbot should do the same.

Could you even do this with the razer track pad mapping?As an example.

These seem like some good ideas, but I'm not a script writer so don't know how hard anything would be to implement - and honestly I have no idea how Jagex identify bots either. 

However, some cool ideas would be script degradation. After so many hours, maybe the bot can start missclicking or taking longer breaks between activities or actions to simulate the player getting tired. Or as you said, moving the mouse off screen as if the player is changing song, or selecting something in a new tab.

Right now, a bot can run for 7 hours and do the same thing almost flawlessly. Obviously, not everyone would want this but an option to turn it on/off would be cool. I wouldn't mind my bots having a few missclicks or something hours into a script, as long as it is able to correct itself obviously. 

2 hours ago, Alliance said:

These seem like some good ideas, but I'm not a script writer so don't know how hard anything would be to implement - and honestly I have no idea how Jagex identify bots either. 

However, some cool ideas would be script degradation. After so many hours, maybe the bot can start missclicking or taking longer breaks between activities or actions to simulate the player getting tired. Or as you said, moving the mouse off screen as if the player is changing song, or selecting something in a new tab.

Right now, a bot can run for 7 hours and do the same thing almost flawlessly. Obviously, not everyone would want this but an option to turn it on/off would be cool. I wouldn't mind my bots having a few missclicks or something hours into a script, as long as it is able to correct itself obviously. 

Dont overthink this so much. Resources arent unlimited on jagex side, they arent looking/care about your mouse data at all. It doesnt make sense.

A fatigue algorythm that makes player gradually less efficient is already an obvious pattern. No human actually plays out like this.

The biggest issue with bans is the Collection of data with same playstyle. A script that is overused will obviously more likely cause red flags.

10 minutes ago, viking said:

Dont overthink this so much. Resources arent unlimited on jagex side, they arent looking/care about your mouse data at all. It doesnt make sense.

A fatigue algorythm that makes player gradually less efficient is already an obvious pattern. No human actually plays out like this.

The biggest issue with bans is the Collection of data with same playstyle. A script that is overused will obviously more likely cause red flags.

So would introducing small subtleties into the script that activate at random not help to eliminate that? This way the same script can be used for multiple people, but they would each act individually. Or would these subtleties eventually be understood as part of the pattern by whatever recognition they use?

On 12/3/2018 at 1:35 PM, Juggles said:

They can see if you're on ficiall or 3rd party. 

They can also see time played. 

Both of these are detected even if you're not botting. They can see you're using Osbuddy and played 10 hours daily. 

Are you sure about this? Why doesnt osbot perfectly emulate the official client? I know first hand of some private clients that do just that. 

46 minutes ago, Alliance said:

So would introducing small subtleties into the script that activate at random not help to eliminate that? This way the same script can be used for multiple people, but they would each act individually. Or would these subtleties eventually be understood as part of the pattern by whatever recognition they use?

No, that hasn't worked since ten years ago. They are looking to detect human presence via pre cognition of actions and realistic entropy. Adding dummy actions and delays does NOTHING. 

58 minutes ago, viking said:

they arent looking/care about your mouse data at all.

Gee i bet you don't make any money doing this and get constant bans with stupid opinions like that ??

Yes, I'm sure they are wasting the bandwidth to send everyones mouse movements to the server for NO REASON

Edited by ssylass

1 hour ago, viking said:

Fatigue is completely irrelevant. You don't get banned for botting when you account share or power level via multiple concurrent people. 

2 hours ago, ssylass said:

Are you sure about this? Why doesnt osbot perfectly emulate the official client? I know first hand of some private clients that do just that. 

No, that hasn't worked since ten years ago. They are looking to detect human presence via pre cognition of actions and realistic entropy. Adding dummy actions and delays does NOTHING. 

Gee i bet you don't make any money doing this and get constant bans with stupid opinions like that ??

Yes, I'm sure they are wasting the bandwidth to send everyones mouse movements to the server for NO REASON

It's called mirror mode. 

But jagex doesn't know if you're using osbuddy or osbot. They just see a 3rd party client