Please Help! What Laptop brands are good? Any recommended Laptops?

Pabbert

Hello! I know quite a bit about PC's but not much about laptops and really need your guys' help! My cousin is buying a new laptop soon, expecting to pay around ~$600 CAD before taxes. He would like a laptop that can turn into a tablet / fold over, and should last a long time. Is this realistic? Do these kinds of laptops last a long time, are they worth it?

What do you think of this model? https://pc4u.org/best-laptop-under-600-dollars/
Thanks so much for any help

Cheers.

Edited by Pabbert

2 hours ago, Pabbert said:

Hello! I know quite a bit about PC's but not much about laptops and really need your guys' help! My cousin is buying a new laptop soon, expecting to pay around ~$600 CAD before taxes. He would like a laptop that can turn into a tablet / fold over, and should last a long time. Is this realistic? Do these kinds of laptops last a long time, are they worth it?
Thanks so much for any help

Cheers.

Hi Buddy,

I totally understand all of your Concerns.

As an Network Engineer I can give you the following Tips I consider before buying Laptops For my Department;

1. Warranty & After sales - Which Shops around me offer the best warranty deals and After Sales Support? If the Laptop is going to have issue, am I going to have to wait weeks without one?

From my Point of view, I tend to go for Shops that even though might not be the cheapest (Not referring to 100$ Extra over other Shops, but the normal 20$-40$ margin), they have some good benefits worth considering... such as replacement Laptop if under 6 Months of Warranty, Temporary Laptop in case they need to keep your Original Device for a week... etc. These Benefits might be worth the Extra Buck, but make sure you deal with a good Merchant when it comes for Warranty and After Sales.

2. What Are you going to use your Laptop For?

If you're going for Runescape Purely Botting, I would recommend Focusing on Getting an i5 / i7 as Running Multiple Bots will eat up your CPU as a Resource and Ram. 

If you're going for Runescape / Other Gaming (Like Fortnite / PubG) - I would consider having i5 together with some sort of Graphic Card (Not Onboard, slightly Dedicated will do)

3. Brands

As other Community Members pointed out, my personal favourite would be Acer / Lenovo. I would try avoid ASUS / DEL as these Laptops from experience gave me a lot of motherboard issues after putting them to work.

4. Consider Second Hand from a Legit Seller and Upgrade?

You might be shocked to find cheap Second Hand Laptops that could be worth Upgrading.

Just look for something as I advised based on i5 / small dedicated Graphics Card and then consider upgrading the HDD to a Solid State Drive and Adding RAM Yourself.

Hope this helps :) 

• Like 2