2.5.24 Release Notes please? Many issues

DylanSRT

Hi Developers,

What exactly was changed in the 24 update because it broke all of my GUIs lol. They go black like the picture below and entire client crashes as well as original client (I'm using mirror mode btw). Even logger can't output anything before it freezes. Never had a problem with this code before 24. I can provide a sample code if you don't think it was something on your end.

image.png.5c9c416986cd09a79fced959a6b0ca19.png

@Token Can't bother Alek anymore , but could you look into this please mate.

Thanks

1 minute ago, ScummyBotter said:

I was waiting on gui input in my onStart, setting settings (like zoom etc), reading the user setup etc. Apparently it's bad practice I think so I'll stop doing that now.

I don't have any sleeps in my GUI class and I just initialize it in OnStart. Indeed just by taking out the reference to my GUI, the script works fine.. But why did this start happening? Kind of annoying now that I have to update everything. Can we get option to use previous version or a fix please devs?

57 minutes ago, ScummyBotter said:

I was waiting on gui input in my onStart, setting settings (like zoom etc), reading the user setup etc. Apparently it's bad practice I think so I'll stop doing that now.

Yeah probably not a good idea - I usually have a variable that tells the script when the gui is compete - just set it to true on the start button action listener.

7 hours ago, Ragnar Lothbrok said:

Yeah probably not a good idea - I usually have a variable that tells the script when the gui is compete - just set it to true on the start button action listener. 

I have the same thing, but you need to wait on that variable to become true before you start doing the main section of the script right? That's what I was waiting on, essentially had these in my onStart, the second one was what was causing it to break for me:

private void makeGUI() {
	frame = new GUI();
	frame.setVisible(true);
}

private void waitForGUI() throws InterruptedException {
    while(!frame.getStartButtonState()){
      sleep(200);
    }
    frame.setVisible(false);
}

1 hour ago, ScummyBotter said:

I have the same thing, but you need to wait on that variable to become true before you start doing the main section of the script right? That's what I was waiting on, essentially had these in my onStart, the second one was what was causing it to break for me:

private void makeGUI() {
	frame = new GUI();
	frame.setVisible(true);
}

private void waitForGUI() throws InterruptedException {
    while(!frame.getStartButtonState()){
      sleep(200);
    }
    frame.setVisible(false);
}

Nah I just do a check on my onLoop method like this:

i