Anyone else still getting accounts locked for being "Stolen"?

Dab in a Lab

6 hours ago, Dab in a Lab said:

How long did you have those proxies for? It took about 5 months and getting about 60-80 accounts banned a week for my home IP to get flagged.

I bought 5 proxies for them for this month so ive only had them for a week, I did got one of my acc banned while trying to train, replaced that IP and created another acc under the same ip, botted tut island and it still got locked/suspected of stolen.. so not entirely sure if its actually flagged ips or not cus .. wtf bruh lol

11 hours ago, Shmeekz said:

I bought 5 proxies for them for this month so ive only had them for a week, I did got one of my acc banned while trying to train, replaced that IP and created another acc under the same ip, botted tut island and it still got locked/suspected of stolen.. so not entirely sure if its actually flagged ips or not cus .. wtf bruh lol

Have you tried doing tut island by hand or just buy tut accounts? I know accounts botting tut island are highly likely to get locked or banned.

18 hours ago, Malcolm_OS said:

There are a few theories going around about this.

1.) if you make an account on one IP and log on with a different IP it can cause an account lock

2.) Jagex can detect IP to be from a data centre and lock an account because of that (because most botters/goldfarmers use proxies/VPN which are provided by data centres)

of course I have 0 evidence and these are just theories I have heard 

I can agree with IPs being detected from data centers and it not being residential IP, Arma 3 servers does this to prevent hackers using VPN to join their servers.. so I believe this theory..

7 hours ago, Dab in a Lab said:

Have you tried doing tut island by hand or just buy tut accounts? I know accounts botting tut island are highly likely to get locked or banned.

did that previously but still locked, I think it has to do with IP location like I mentioned above

• 1 year later...

Old thread but some interesting information on the topic and didnt feel like making a new thread.

Been using proxies and the first time i used one of my 5 proxies I had no issues with being locked after tut island ( by hand ) I was trialing a new script from os script factory and got banned after a day.

Ever since then any of the 5 proxies i use those accounts get locked str8 after tut island ( by hand )..

So I msged my proxy provider and they told me all 5 of my proxies are fresh virgin proxies.. 

sooooo idk??

23 minutes ago, 12346720 said:

Been using proxies and... ...got banned after a day.

all 5 of my proxies are fresh virgin proxies.. 

The minute you registered an account on a proxy its not a fresh IP anymore. 
Especially now that the IP address is associated with a ban i'd expect other accounts played on that IP to be locked.

Time to rotate your proxies or deal with the fact that you're going to have to unlock the accounts. Account locks should only be a one-time event though, unless you log in on a different IP.

35 minutes ago, 12346720 said:

told me all 5 of my proxies are fresh virgin proxies..

Problem is, there's a little of 4 billion ipv4 ips and getting one someone else has used before wouldn't be impossible. Your provider may only sold that ip in there logs once and it was to you. But issue is that proxy could of been used by others. Another issue could be where the provider is getting them, or how high quality they're, etc. If you get anymore proxies from them and they cause locks like this, I would plain out say they're just shit proxies, and you should switch providers.

40 minutes ago, 12346720 said:

Old thread but some interesting information on the topic and didnt feel like making a new thread.

Been using proxies and the first time i used one of my 5 proxies I had no issues with being locked after tut island ( by hand ) I was trialing a new script from os script factory and got banned after a day.

Ever since then any of the 5 proxies i use those accounts get locked str8 after tut island ( by hand )..

So I msged my proxy provider and they told me all 5 of my proxies are fresh virgin proxies.. 

sooooo idk??

Hmm seems like a lot of people is getting locked accounts. Iv not started botting yet just prepping (setting up accounts doing reserch, not had any problems with locks though) It might be a problem with the proxies (im not using any atm, and everything seems to go flawless tbh) Hope you find a solution my man!

5 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

The minute you registered an account on a proxy its not a fresh IP anymore. 
Especially now that the IP address is associated with a ban i'd expect other accounts played on that IP to be locked.

Time to rotate your proxies or deal with the fact that you're going to have to unlock the accounts. Account locks should only be a one-time event though, unless you log in on a different IP.

Not always true. I've had 7k accounts banned across 2-3 datacenter proxies and never had a single lock on any of the 7k accounts. This farm had 20 accounts and all 20 ran on the same ip at the same time 24/7. In my opinion and experience, the proxies the provider is providing/provided, are simply just shit.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Not always true. I've had 7k accounts banned across 2-3 datacenter proxies and never had a single lock on any of the 7k accounts. This farm had 20 accounts and all 20 ran on the same ip at the same time 24/7. In my opinion and experience, the proxies the provider is providing/provided, are simply just shit.

If all these numbers are true then I suppose you must've been incredibly lucky to be able to bypass all of jagex's 'flags' and have an IP last this long. Personally I haven't even been close to 20 accounts on the same IP before getting "Too many logins", or having the IP blocked all together.
IMO in  12346720's situation i think its better to find ways to deal with the locks rather than hoping it wont happen🙂

Edited by Phoenix

9 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

If all these numbers are true then I suppose you must've been incredibly lucky to be able to bypass all of jagex's 'flags' and have an IP last this long. Personally I haven't even been close to 20 accounts on the same IP before getting "Too many logins", or having the IP blocked all together.
IMO in  12346720's situation i think its better to find ways to deal with the locks rather than hoping it wont happen🙂

I went through several providers and out of about 40 proxies I've gotten only 2 caused locks and that was after server maintenance. A few hours later they had more server maintenance and I requested 2 different ips because of this issue and those ones didn't cause locks. It's not a coincidence or "luck" that 95% of proxies I get from provider A causes locks and provider B get's 10% locks. And no other provider was able to handle this many accounts before I got the "Too many logins" message. I do agree, you need a system to handle this which I had one in place as backup just in case.

Also like to add for anyone who's new and reads this. You should NEVER use free proxies. These proxies are so bad all accounts created on the ip will be banned within 3 days even if you never log into the game a single time. Not only do they ban you before you even play, they normally have the "Too many logins" message 99% of the time.

1 hour ago, Gunman said:

It's not a coincidence or "luck" that 95% of proxies I get from provider A causes locks and provider B get's 10% locks.

Also like to add for anyone who's new and reads this. You should NEVER use free proxies. These proxies are so bad all accounts created on the ip will be banned within 3 days even if you never log into the game a single time. Not only do they ban you before you even play, they normally have the "Too many logins" message 99% of the time.

Lucky in the sense that nobody knows what factors cause an ip to be flagged / cause locks, yet your provider managed to avoid them all. To my understanding there was a hard limit cap on connections within a time frame, which I've experienced to be quite low. But i'l have to experiment with this and do some more testing, seeing as you have been able to run 20 accounts on one ip.

The best we can do is speculate and share experiences. In my experience: While cheap, shared proxies generally have worse performance than dedicated ones, the worst I've come across is an occasional IP block or account lock. Other than that, I've not had an account get banned quicker simply due to the IP being "Bad" (Not including chain bans). However, I have never tried using free proxies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

occasional IP block

If you're talking about when you're creating multiple accounts on a single ip, because in my experience it locks it out for like 10 minutes after you make around 10 accounts or so. So I limit it to about 7-8 every 10 minutes per ip in my account creator, so I never receive this lock.

But yes I don't know exactly what they do differently because I've heard people with some residential proxy providers receive nothing but locks after locks. 

Jagex is smart. But we are persistant :D I'll just unlock the accounts for now and trial the proxies but not a viable method as unlocking the account requires registering email address..

smh Need to find a way to stop them getting locked.. I've been using better (IMO) scripts on my other accounts with proxies and thus far they seem to be going great.. Still got locked and didnt matter if i botted or hand trained tut island so i just botted my last 2 with khal tut island, no bans yet.. mirror mode. If i get banned i wont be able to make anymore accounts until i find a workaround... Better proxy provider most likely.