Dispute Against Gearing

Ragnar Lothbrok

Disputed member: [member=@gearing]

Thread Link:
No thread - sale was sorted via discord.

Explanation:

I bought an account from gearing for 30m 07 gp. He would then level the account to flat 60 melee stats to allow me to use the account for testing my nmz script.

After payment was made he stated a time frame of around 24 hours and my email address was registered against the account. Because my email was now registered I know the username as it's part of the validation email Jagex send when verifying the address.

24 hours later the account still isn't ready but communication is good so I'm not worried and wait patiently. He states that Friday (today) the account will be ready. This morning when I log on I ask for an update on the account status. I asked several times throughout today actually to which I received something along the lines of: "let me ask the venezuelan".

All I was looking for was a simple update on the account status. I began to grow suspicious so I look up the account on the highscores page to find no results - for an account that's supposed to be flat 60's by today this is weird because there should at least be something up there. I asked him after I notice this to confirm the account username so I can see the status or provide me one. Again a reply that's not very useful or settling.

Upon asking @Decode for advise on what action to take to try and avoid bringing this to a dispute I attempted to reset the password of the account using my email that was registered to the account. According to Jagex no account is registered to the email address. This suggests he's recovered the account as he can't change the email address back without my verifying via my email?

Evidence:

OSBot pm confirming that it is in fact gearing I'm speaking with on discord:

As you can see in the second screen shot it is in fact my account he's trading with as per the following discord conversation:

Him confirming that payment was received and account will be ready in 24 hours:

Him asking for me email to set against the account:

Email from Jagex to verify my email:

Him Confirming that the account will not be botted:

Me asking for account status updates:

*All pictures hidden*

Anything else you might need let me know.

1 hour ago, Solution said:

Could you confirm the account is in your possesion and completed? 

Considering the request was that the leveling would be hand-done while it clearly wasn't I'll discuss further developments.

An account has been provided that matches the requirements however it's not the original account - either way I'm happy to take the account and consider this trade complete.

1 hour ago, Solution said:

Could you confirm the account is in your possesion and completed? 

Considering the request was that the leveling would be hand-done while it clearly wasn't I'll discuss further developments.

i replaced the original account with a different one and i should add that it was completed by the time this dispute was shown to me

12 hours ago, Decode said:

Can you please provide us with a profile link to this worker of yours.

hide this:

i asked @galban to help me out as i did not have time to do the account myself as i promised friday to ragnar during the weekdays and i was out both thursday and friday, he said he can have it done within that, we agreed that he is going to recompensate me for the loss of the account

i think what happened is that he just did not want to say no and either outsourced it to someone else or botted it

to sum it up: all-in-all i am the person who had promised ragnar the account within the timeframe. hence i am the one alone responsible for this whole situation

ps: i applied a bond to the account that i gave ragnar to make up for the lost time (saturday instead of friday)

thank you for your time

Edited by gearing

59 minutes ago, gearing said:

hide this:

i asked @galban to help me out as i did not have time to do the account myself as i promised friday to ragnar during the weekdays and i was out both thursday and friday, he said he can have it done within that, we agreed that he is going to recompensate me for the loss of the account

i think what happened is that he just did not want to say no and either outsourced it to someone else or botted it

to sum it up: all-in-all i am the person who had promised ragnar the account within the timeframe. hence i am the one alone responsible for this whole situation

ps: i applied a bond on the account that i gave ragnar to make up for the lost time (saturday instead of friday)

thank you for your time

So you were paid to not bot the account AND have the account completed in 24 hours. You then proceeded to outsource the order and then manage to get the account banned?

Care to explain your reasoning.

It was stated that he would be training the account - afking via mobile. I think if a worker was going to be taking on the account it should have been clarified before hand and maybe all of this could have been avoided:

WwKoOiD.png

He did later state that he had to hand it over to the worker however it wasn't mentioned before the trade began or payment etc was made.

40 minutes ago, Chris said:

So you were paid to not bot the account AND have the account completed in 24 hours. You then proceeded to outsource the order and then manage to get the account banned?

Care to explain your reasoning.

i explained it in the supposed-to-be-hidden part... circumstances do change

let us not waste time with this, as i said i was solely responsible for the account, i admit to the wrongdoings on my end,i erred, still if ragnar does not want anything else we should end this.

ps: very kind of you not hiding what i asked you to:facep:

if there is anything else i can be at your service in the evening

thank you for your time

28 minutes ago, gearing said:

i explained it in the supposed-to-be-hidden part... circumstances do change

let us not waste time with this, as i said i was solely responsible for the account, i admit to the wrongdoings on my end,i erred, still if ragnar does not want anything else we should end this.

ps: very kind of you not hiding what i asked you to:facep:

if there is anything else i can be at your service in the evening

thank you for your time

Since you are responsible, you will be kept in TWC for 2 weeks. This decision has been made by the Staff Team.

Dispute closed.

• Like 1
  • Boge 1