Thoughts on linux?

Evade

You will have to set up a whole load of drivers and shit for a long time. 

I custom built a lightweight pc with the intention of installing ubuntu (this was quite a long time ago). After about 4 hours of unsuccessfully attempting to install 16.04 and trying all sorts of fixes I discovered that it was incompatible with the motherboard. So I had to downgrade to 14.04, reburn the disc, install again, which took another 30 minutes to an hour. After that, it took another couple of hours to get the runescape client, right java version, and some miscellaneous stuff (drivers, blahblah) to get set up. You will end up with a lot of stackoverflow pages open with the "best answer" completely useless. Ubuntu is also considered one of the more user-friendly distros.

The hours do add up. If you are a casual user then don't go with linux. If you aren't a casual then it might be different.

3 hours ago, Evade said:

Probably reseting my pc soon and was looking at trying a linux os instead of windows. I have been looking at Ubunto and Mint. Most of the games and things that I use can run on linux so that is not a problem.

If you have used any distribution of linux what was the pros and cons of windows?

I'm an Ubuntu user. I'd play with it on a VM or partition your disk first, just to make sure you're happy with it. Some people just don't like it, and I get that (installing stuff can be a pain, even for us pros).

• 3 weeks later...