Imported electric motorbike insurance europe - anyone experienced in this?

Robin Williams

Can I import a bike like this to the UK and insure it?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/168-2013-EURO-4-2200W-motor_60624177993.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.60.4efb2c1fgyyior

Or would I need to send it off for tests and stuff?

Edited by Robin Williams

1 hour ago, EzWin said:

Looks like a Grom. What emissions test would there possibly be for an electric bike?

Yeah its a Grom clone, but Im just not sure about which way the lights dip and etc, I only realised today that the EEC 4 is pollution related x)

I found a different bike which is already in a chinese warehouse so gonna contact them and see if its ready to insure in the UK without any extra hassle 

34 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Bring it back and get it serviced, like MOT it will tell you if it's liable for the road

Brand new bikes dont need an MOT for three years so thats fine im just worried about whether anyone will ensure it and what COC it has and etc

I found a new supplier of a shitty little scooter im gonna ask them if it's road legal in the UK, it's really cheap and is already in a European warehouse so looks promising :3 

stock-in-europe-1000w60v-Citycoco-seev-w

Looks really trash and is slow af but better than nothing I guess lmao

2 hours ago, Knuckolls said:

Most likely will need to okay it with customs first. Automotives all have a specific laws and regulations and emissions testing.

https://motorbikewriter.com/import-motorcycle/

This^ might help you. if it does your welcome, if it doesn't oh fucking well.

<3

That does help but im trying to import to UK , this link does go over the process very well though :) 

I found ones that have already been imported now so I can avoid the tax and duty as long as they are road legal for the UK

Emailing them tomorrow to find out, theyre only like $1000 but their pretty basic lol (50kmh top speed) >.>

Thats what I get for destroying a 2018 car I guess xD

1 minute ago, EzWin said:

Dont settle man, have some fun unless you are on a budget. A bike with a 50kmh top speed might piss off a lot of people on the roads lol ?

Yeah my budget sucks lol, even if I don't use it if I insure it for three years I can afford a car again lol,

If those trash things aren't road legal I'll have to get an old motorbike or moped lmao

They limited that thing to 50 kmh so you can insure it as a 50cc Moped, if it goes faster its a motorbike and youd need a motorbike license 

I think with my car license and a cbt test I can get a 125cc motorbike with learner plates so at least i'd not be stuck at 50 km/h lmao

I miss my car so much, I've been riding a bicycle for almost a year now lol

5 hours ago, Robin Williams said:

Yeah my budget sucks lol, even if I don't use it if I insure it for three years I can afford a car again lol,

If those trash things aren't road legal I'll have to get an old motorbike or moped lmao

They limited that thing to 50 kmh so you can insure it as a 50cc Moped, if it goes faster its a motorbike and youd need a motorbike license 

I think with my car license and a cbt test I can get a 125cc motorbike with learner plates so at least i'd not be stuck at 50 km/h lmao

I miss my car so much, I've been riding a bicycle for almost a year now lol

Haha I feel you. I have a car and want to buy a motorbike eventually, looking into getting a CBR 600 or my dream bike which is a harley vrod muscle. 

• 1 month later...