iPhone Blacklisted Help

Trainwreck

Hello all, I have an old iPhone 7 Plus sitting around but it was blacklisted because the phone was originally broke but i got it fixed recently. Problem is my carrier blacklisted the phone as they sent me out a new one a year ago! does anyone know any SUCCESSFUL ways to Un-Blacklist the phone? I am original owner if it helps. All help is very much appreciated!

wait how does a phone get blacklisted o_o

I rarely use my phone, and I rarely see anyone ever post anything (almost anywhere) on the topic...

Is it something to do with potential stolen phones? or broken phones that are just removed from the carrier so that you cannot get service to them anymore?

I'm kinda curious... Hopefully you can un-blacklist it.

<3

5 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Do you know how to do that bro?

You need to jailbreak the phone first.

Flashing a new IMEI number just lets you gain access to the SIM card stuff again. It has to be a legit IMEI from the same make + model as your current phone. If you're not interested in getting SIM to work again you can just jailbreak to remove any other restrictions that the block sets in place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zappster said:

You need to jailbreak the phone first.

Flashing a new IMEI number just lets you gain access to the SIM card stuff again. It has to be a legit IMEI from the same make + model as your current phone. If you're not interested in getting SIM to work again you can just jailbreak to remove any other restrictions that the block sets in place.

Great, Thanks for the help! I will let you know on any progress :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knuckolls said:

wait how does a phone get blacklisted o_o

I rarely use my phone, and I rarely see anyone ever post anything (almost anywhere) on the topic...

Is it something to do with potential stolen phones? or broken phones that are just removed from the carrier so that you cannot get service to them anymore?

I'm kinda curious... Hopefully you can un-blacklist it.

<3

There's a special ID that every phone has, you can pull it up yourself by typing some numbers in your cell.

If your phone gets stolen/lost/whatever, they blacklist the IMEI. On an iPhone the IMEI is required for cell access and I don't think it's possible to regain celluar network without it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zappster said:

There's a special ID that every phone has, you can pull it up yourself by typing some numbers in your cell.

If your phone gets stolen/lost/whatever, they blacklist the IMEI. On an iPhone the IMEI is required for cell access and I don't think it's possible to regain celluar network without it

oh now I understand. yeah phones are not my forte, Thank you for the insight. <3

• Like 1