Why are some people on here absolute c*nts

siilentalk

Title.

Came across a few massive ar*seholes in my time here. From scammers dropping untradables to people just being damn right rude and inconvenient as possible. I'll not mention any names, but specifically this topic is about rude people....

Why are people so hostile and rude on here? Online attitudes ftl.

2 minutes ago, siilentalk said:

Title.

Came across a few massive ar*seholes in my time here. From scammers dropping untradables to people just being damn right rude and inconvenient as possible. I'll not mention any names, but specifically this topic is about rude people....

Why are people so hostile and rude on here? Online attitudes ftl.

Online anonymity, it's a bitch

• Heart 1

Tagging onto what @FrostBug said, it seems that a lot of people who go to online communities like WoW, RS, LoL, etc. usually used it as an escape from society where something was wrong where they didn't fit in, so now they get into these communities and they have very little actual identification and it's almost like they can do everything they wanted to do in person but have little to no consequences because of it. Almost like a little vendetta mission, but alas, that is the internet my friend :/

12 minutes ago, FrostBug said:

I'm not a psychologist, but I would guess they've been treated badly themselves at some point, or had a rough upbringing?

Though I suspect this is more so a thread for whining than actual psychology studies :boge:

A little of both. It's quite interesting. I was always brought up with good manners etc.. Maybe it's more of a UK thing (we're regularly way too polite), but how people can be so god-damn rude to people they don't know/people who haven't been rude to them simply baffles me.

Either no communication skills or just a shithouse in general i guess.

Because RSGP is so easily converted into actual dollars, every mechanic in this game has a monetary value attached to it. As such, most OSRS botting forums are largely comprised of a bunch of adolescents and under achieving young adults trying to turn a profit from the comfort of their own home. There is no real sense of teamwork/community (just "cliques" of goldfarmers). GP is king and its a winner takes all mentality. 

Games that don't have efficient trading systems (or non at all) have drastically different cultures even on botting websites (lords mobile for example). This is because people bot for fun rather than for profit. Money splits friendships, family & couples. Its human nature, and the phenomenon is compounded when there are no tangible consequences to your actions.

Edited by Logicfury