OSRS Ban Megathread - 9/27/2018

Logicfury

Got banned today. Just created my account 2 days ago. Botted less than 8 hours each day. Went through tutorial island legitimately, paid to be a member, bought a bond and sold it for gold. Only used 2 paid scripts. One was the Sandy crab combat script to level my defense to 30 and the other was the stealth questing script. Also bought VIP status to try out mirror mode, but sadly both scripts I used did not work properly with mirror mode. So I was forced to start using the injection method today. I requested a refund on the stealth questing script since I bought it today and used it and got banned on same day. Not sure if I can get a refund on the other script or the VIP purchase, but if not, oh well.

It's worth noting that since this was a new account, I didn't even get the 2 day. Straight from clean as a whistle to permenant ban. I also know it's not IP address related or anything cached on my computer. This is my first time playing this game in years, and I got a new PC since I last played.

Gotta say I'm disappointed, I followed the guidelines posted here to not get banned and I still got banned. Just a warning for the rest of you out there, doesn't seem like a good time to bot.

Edited by Excitedguy

2 hours ago, Excitedguy said:

Got banned today. Just created my account 2 days ago. Botted less than 8 hours each day. Went through tutorial island legitimately, paid to be a member, bought a bond and sold it for gold. Only used 2 paid scripts. One was the Sandy crab combat script to level my defense to 30 and the other was the stealth questing script. Also bought VIP status to try out mirror mode, but sadly both scripts I used did not work properly with mirror mode. So I was forced to start using the injection method today. I requested a refund on the stealth questing script since I bought it today and used it and got banned on same day. Not sure if I can get a refund on the other script or the VIP purchase, but if not, oh well.

It's worth noting that since this was a new account, I didn't even get the 2 day. Straight from clean as a whistle to permenant ban. I also know it's not IP address related or anything cached on my computer. This is my first time playing this game in years, and I got a new PC since I last played.

Gotta say I'm disappointed, I followed the guidelines posted here to not get banned and I still got banned. Just a warning for the rest of you out there, doesn't seem like a good time to bot.

Yeah the guides help but only just a tiny bit its mainly the script you use. Botting is rough right now.

Has it gotten worse in the past few months? Just got a few of my older accounts banned, after not playing on them for a year or two, higher leveled accounts to.  Botted maybe 2-3 hours yesterday on an unflagged proxy.  Used to be able to go weeks botting a few hours a day on a fresh proxy before initially getting a 2 day ban.

5 hours ago, Excitedguy said:

Don't bot non rested accounts. That is a recipe for disaster lol. Also Stealth Quester is definitely flagged for review. Mirror mode is possible safer given recent reports of accounts getting locked instantly on injection clients.

Edited by Logicfury

2 hours ago, Angelclaw said:

Has it gotten worse in the past few months? Just got a few of my older accounts banned, after not playing on them for a year or two, higher leveled accounts to.  Botted maybe 2-3 hours yesterday on an unflagged proxy.  Used to be able to go weeks botting a few hours a day on a fresh proxy before initially getting a 2 day ban.

It is very likely Jagex is going hard in light of the official Runescape Mobile release schedueld for October. It would only make business sense and frankly I’d be surprised if they didn’t. More data and time is needed to get a better read on the situation :S

Edited by Logicfury

26 minutes ago, Zynce said:

i'm new to the whole botting scene, bought a private script & was testing an account with it got banned in hardly 3 hours ;/ ? How could this of have happened

It may have been a private script, but it depends what you were botting.

If the method is abused then an early ban is certain.