Mirror Mode Bot Farm

RenegadeSauce

Hi all,

I've been running experiments with bans and bot farming and at least for myself, I have come to the following conclusion, I will get banned within 5 days, unless I use mirror mode. (Chain bans on every account, with all preventative measures, except the one on mirror mode) . I don't want to open the debate on this, but it's at least my experience.

I am aiming to run 20 accounts, but all on Mirror Mode. I know OSRS has terrible multi-core optimizations, so am aiming to run 1 OSBot & 1 OSBuddy per Core (Set Affinity), so I am looking at some seriously high-performance equipment. I have the funds to invest and am in this for the long haul.

So really I am here looking for suggestions of the kind of hardware to get my hands on. Would running 8 Mirror Modes on an 8 Core CPU, with 2GB Dedicated RAM per core really be possible? Would I need to dedicate 2 cores to the operating system to prevent it from locking up? Does anyone have any suggestions to accomplishing a bot farm exclusively on mirror mode?

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

First things first. There are a few regular (No server) motherboards that do support dual processors, but they are around 300 to 500 euro's (even more USD). With that being said, I haven't even mentioned the processors itself. Now, there are server(s) motherboards available that support this, but again, you will be looking at around 330-500 euro's (more USD). Now let's get tactical on your theory about the cores.

Let's say for example, I have the AMD Ryzen 5 (6 core, with HT so that equals 12). In your theory you are saying that you can run 24 bots. There is no way you will succeed in that, simply because you are doing the wrong maths. You are saying 100 / 12 = 8,33 - Have you ever seen mirror mode operational with only 8,33 CPU usage? No way. And even if you manage to get it under that, some, if not all clients will freeze at some point since they will spike above, and if it takes to long to get a reaction it will time out and just blatantly freeze. 

Now for the CPU you mentioned, 8 cores. 100 / 8 = 12,5 per core. Even that is not possible, it's basically mirroring your client with more features that take even more resources. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the bare minimum 2GB ram though per mirror mode client? 

Also, it's a pain in the ass to setup so many mirror mode clients, since some clients tend to attach to other clients, so that basically means it might be that you have to close all clients and restart again (I can talk from experience, since I've ran 1 1/2 years ago many mirror mode clients). 

10 minutes ago, leony said:

First Question, How long do you bot these accounts.

Does this farm require wanting to save some accounts from being banned, any care for the accounts.

6 hours per day, 20-minute break every 2 hours. Load them up when I leave in the morning for work, close them as soon as I get home. Then rotate to a different set of accounts for the evening while I sleep (All on different proxies etc)

Looking to ideally sell botted pures in future, train some to farm Zulrah. So there is a slight element of care in the accounts as it's frustrating starting again every few days and wasting the levelling progress + initial investment, plus membership bonds.

12 minutes ago, Hi G00gle said:

First things first. There are a few regular (No server) motherboards that do support dual processors, but they are around 300 to 500 euro's (even more USD). With that being said, I haven't even mentioned the processors itself. Now, there are server(s) motherboards available that support this, but again, you will be looking at around 330-500 euro's (more USD). Now let's get tactical on your theory about the cores.

Let's say for example, I have the AMD Ryzen 5 (6 core, with HT so that equals 12). In your theory you are saying that you can run 24 bots. There is no way you will succeed in that, simply because you are doing the wrong maths. You are saying 100 / 12 = 8,33 - Have you ever seen mirror mode operational with only 8,33 CPU usage? No way. And even if you manage to get it under that, some, if not all clients will freeze at some point since they will spike above, and if it takes to long to get a reaction it will time out and just blatantly freeze. 

Now for the CPU you mentioned, 8 cores. 100 / 8 = 12,5 per core. Even that is not possible, it's basically mirroring your client with more features that take even more resources. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the bare minimum 2GB ram though per mirror mode client? 

Also, it's a pain in the ass to setup so many mirror mode clients, since some clients tend to attach to other clients, so that basically means it might be that you have to close all clients and restart again (I can talk from experience, since I've ran 1 1/2 years ago many mirror mode clients). 

Thanks for the input, that's very insightful.

I was thinking of perhaps getting a server, and as silly as it sounds, I wouldn't mind spending $1-2k USD on the hardware if my theory is all correct as it's mine then and will last many months.

Regarding the hyperthreading, as non-optimal as it is, I was planning on disregarding that and using a single account per physical core. So on the 6 core in your example, I was hoping for 6 mirror mode clients. I wasn't too sure on the RAM min requirements for Mirror Mode, but 2GB seems about right. I wouldn't mind increasing this to 3-4GB per core.

And the pain in the ass, yeah, I've run 4 simultaneously on my desktop, and even that is a pain in the ass. But it is a pain in the ass I'd grit my teeth and be willing to deal with.

Edited by RenegadeSauce

35 minutes ago, RenegadeSauce said:

Thanks for the input, that's very insightful.

I was thinking of perhaps getting a server, and as silly as it sounds, I wouldn't mind spending $1-2k USD on the hardware if my theory is all correct as it's mine then and will last many months.

If you have the money for it, then I would sure do it. You have to take every single step to reduce ban rates.

Regarding the hyperthreading, as non-optimal as it is, I was planning on disregarding that and using a single account per physical core. So on the 6 core in your example, I was hoping for 6 mirror mode clients. I wasn't too sure on the RAM min requirements for Mirror Mode, but 2GB seems about right. I wouldn't mind increasing this to 3-4GB per core.

Would be possible, but I think you might aswell not use core optimalization, since it will be put to 100% with the clients on those cores anyway. I would only stick with that option if those 6 regularly would put it at 100. I would see no other reason as to why. I do like HT more with your plan instead of regular cores.

And the pain in the ass, yeah, I've run 4 simultaneously on my desktop, and even that is a pain in the ass. But it is a pain in the ass I'd grit my teeth and be willing to deal with.

If you have the time for it, go for it. You should take every single step that is possible to reduce your rates. 

I've answered most in red text, seeing as that gives a more clear view of the information.

Edited by Hi G00gle