Rules Addition

Jin

A small addition to Rules, Gravedigging.

I particularly find this annoying, constantly seeing topics of months ago being brought alive. It's a waste of time and space, especially since my internet speed is extremely slow this past month, so loading a page just to see May 26th 19:04:33 by XXXX on it is quite a nuisance.

I know this is my own opinion but surely a few would agree and most would disagree. Nevertheless I still would like to see this seen through instead of it being tossed aside (exaggerating :D).

Eh, it's up to you guys to actually help a brother out.

• Like 1

A small addition to Rules, Gravedigging.

I particularly find this annoying, constantly seeing topics of months ago being brought alive. It's a waste of time and space, especially since my internet speed is extremely slow this past month, so loading a page just to see May 26th 19:04:33 by XXXX on it is quite a nuisance.

I know this is my own opinion but surely a few would agree and most would disagree. Nevertheless I still would like to see this seen through instead of it being tossed aside (exaggerating biggrin.png).

Eh, it's up to you guys to actually help a brother out.

May 26 is my birthday :P

I understand some threads are useful and informative however there are still many out there which are so bothersome.

Grave digging is posting on a thread that has been inactive for an extended period of time, usually in response to what one inadvertently believes to be an ongoing discussion. Check the date of the last post on a thread before posting.

Some logicality out there is useful for tutorials and sorts however in a discussion, suggestions or so forth it is unnecessary to keep on closing it or just leaving it be. People don't learn like this, that's why rules and which they are enforced.

I sound like a Dredd.

Everyone who is disagreeing is silly.

GraveDigging by default is a rule at every forum.

Bumping an old, outdated thread is always frowned upon.

Of course it goes without saying things like guides and tutorials are fine to post on anytime, but besides informative/relevant threads like that bumping/gravedigging an old thread is always frowned upon.

Jin, don't really see how having slow internet makes gravedigging any worse for you?

There are always posts and topics being created which are loaded anytime you refresh the forums, one or two random gravedug threads will hardly add any loading time for you.

Jin, don't really see how having slow internet makes gravedigging any worse for you?

There are always posts and topics being created which are loaded anytime you refresh the forums, one or two random gravedug threads will hardly add any loading time for you.

I like to skim read a lot which makes me click a lot of things. In short, I always click the Forums tab which takes 5-30 seconds to load and it annoys me so much. 

Imagine the horror of the consistency.  

Yes there's the back button, hardly use it (to distracted).