RoomScape

OSBot giveaway.   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make this happen?

2. 2. Would you participate?

3. 3. What type should it be?

4. 4. Does D Bolter suck?

1 hour ago, LeBron said:

But the majority of the people on this site are indeed breaking the rules, your giveaway itself is gambling, pretty sure that's against jagex rules since you're asking the people participating to fund the pot. Also getting the IPs of a lot of OSBot customers in one go, it'd be like them winning the jackpot. ? If you did the giveaway with your own funds they probably wouldn't give two shits about it since you'd be trading 1 winner and you're not breaking any rules. 

Yeah, I get what you mean with that part.

53 minutes ago, Decode said:

Only way this would be allowed here is if the staff organized it all, due to trust and integrity. Otherwise, would be a very easy way to earn some gp on the side :boge: 

lol I hope this is a joke.

But anyway, doesn't look like this is going to go to well with getting the money and trying to figure out how to do the contest so oh well.

11 hours ago, RoomScape said:

Yeah, I get what you mean with that part.

lol I hope this is a joke.

But anyway, doesn't look like this is going to go to well with getting the money and trying to figure out how to do the contest so oh well.

Not really. Why would we allow someone to hold a giveaway like this when it involves a lot of players funding the pot and risk getting scammed? At least with the staff team you know it will be genuine 100%. 

Like i said, its ever so easy to manipulate who ‘wins’ and make some easy money.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Decode said:

Not really. Why would we allow someone to hold a giveaway like this when it involves a lot of players funding the pot and risk getting scammed? At least with the staff team you know it will be genuine 100%.

The biggest scams I have ever seen on any sites came from staff members because they told users that they were more trusted than everyone else. So it’s just ironic that I see mods saying that it’s safest to let staff hold the money. 

1 hour ago, RoomScape said:

The biggest scams I have ever seen on any sites came from staff members because they told users that they were more trusted than everyone else. So it’s just ironic that I see mods saying that it’s safest to let staff hold the money. 

Not sure who these staff members are that you’re referring to but im sure a lot more people would feel a lot safer and at ease if it was a staff organized giveaway rather than a normal user. If the whole team were to organize it, at least there would be no manipulation as to who wins and who doesnt win since we’d all be in on it together. 

2 hours ago, Decode said:

Not sure who these staff members are that you’re referring to but im sure a lot more people would feel a lot safer and at ease if it was a staff organized giveaway rather than a normal user. If the whole team were to organize it, at least there would be no manipulation as to who wins and who doesnt win since we’d all be in on it together. 

It’s not happening so no point in going back and forth, but manipulation can happen at any point. And with the scams, it’s happened on multiple RS related sites. Even on here. 

If you want to this type of giveaway it has to be held by someone not only trusted by held to a higher degree of responsibility.  Saying that mods shouldn't host this because other mods have scammed in the past is like saying you can't trust any authoritative (PD) position because there are some bad ones out there. Also the team can also be held grouply responsible for something like this. 

It should also be capped. A huge giveaway is nice but no reason it need to exceed like 100$+  If people really want to do this much it can be split. into multiple big ones.  (I don't see it getting this much love as raffle type events aren't that popular but it should still be applied) 

This being said. 

Giveaway = Putting in money for hype only, with no expectation of odd manipulation or higher chances of winning.

Raffle = Putting in money to purchase (X) amount of tickets. ie. (A) Buys (2) tickets and receives tickets 1 & 2. (B) Buys (5) tickets and receives tickets 3-8. 

Raffle seems to be what this thread is heading twords but this is against one of the listed rules but theres a gambling hyperlink advet so idk. maybe rules just not updated or only applies to it's users. 

1 hour ago, Sky said:

If you want to this type of giveaway it has to be held by someone not only trusted by held to a higher degree of responsibility.  Saying that mods shouldn't host this because other mods have scammed in the past is like saying you can't trust any authoritative (PD) position because there are some bad ones out there. Also the team can also be held grouply responsible for something like this. 

It should also be capped. A huge giveaway is nice but no reason it need to exceed like 100$+  If people really want to do this much it can be split. into multiple big ones.  (I don't see it getting this much love as raffle type events aren't that popular but it should still be applied) 

This being said. 

Giveaway = Putting in money for hype only, with no expectation of odd manipulation or higher chances of winning.

Raffle = Putting in money to purchase (X) amount of tickets. ie. (A) Buys (2) tickets and receives tickets 1 & 2. (B) Buys (5) tickets and receives tickets 3-8. 

Raffle seems to be what this thread is heading twords but this is against one of the listed rules but theres a gambling hyperlink advet so idk. maybe rules just not updated or only applies to it's users. 

It’s been said in multiple posts that this isn’t happening so I don’t know. 

I never said mods shouldn't host. Just said it was funny that he said mods are trusted when they have a literal free rank that costs them nothing. I’d lose more than a mod if I were to be banned. People generally trust mods more than non mods and people are people. A rank doesn’t bar someone from scamming, whether it be in an online forum or the kind/president of a country. Humans are humans.