BOTTING PC SETUP

leony

Right, My little I5 set up isn't performing the way I want it to, it's great for games and general but when it comes to making money I want to build another computer for botting.

I have looked into a Ryzen Thread ripper 1950x 16 core, 32 threads

I don't  want to build this computer for general gaming the MAIN purpose is Botting.

Do I build a dual xeon set up?

or any other suggestions.

Not a budget at all, considering the 1950x cpu is 1k alone.

18 minutes ago, leony said:

20 bots, I'm thinking of a xeon server

I can run 50-55 on a dual E5-2670, and run around 25-30 on my dual X5660 setup depending on what type of script it is and still have a little bit of headroom for spikes. Both are Xeons. If you're only looking to only run 20, I wouldn't spend a lot. 32gb ram, and one of these older Xeon setups will do fine. If you go E5-2670 route, I'd go with more ram so you get a lot of head room for more bots if you decide to expand. The dual E5-2670 setup benchmarks like 18k I believe, while the thread ripper is around 22.5k IIRC.

Edited by Duhstin

34 minutes ago, Duhstin said:

I can run 50-55 on a dual E5-2670, and run around 25-30 on my dual X5660 setup depending on what type of script it is and still have a little bit of headroom for spikes. Both are Xeons. If you're only looking to only run 20, I wouldn't spend a lot. 32gb ram, and one of these older Xeon setups will do fine. If you go E5-2670 route, I'd go with more ram so you get a lot of head room for more bots if you decide to expand. The dual E5-2670 setup benchmarks like 18k I believe, while the thread ripper is around 22.5k IIRC.

Dual Xeon X5450 

8 cores in total 

and 32gb ram

will that do the job?