Market Mod

Fused

I think there should be a Market Mod that only has the authority to moderate the Market section.

Also not sure is this is a rule or not but I think it should be something to give a warning over.
Ok so I see peoples thread constantly getting hijacked when they're selling an account.
"Dood you wont get 40 dollers!!!!"

This can hurt a sellers chance at getting a fair price and I don't think this is fair. We as consumers have the right to counter offer or walk away and not buy the account, If you're not buying it or interested hop off. Leave your opinion in the Price check section where people actually want your opinion.

Not sure if this has already been discussed or what but I see it happening often and I don't think its fair.
Also if you disagree with me give me your logical side of the story and try to convince me. Don't simply flame me. Lets be mature about this smile.png

• Like 1

I see both of your points. I guess I just want to see some sort of moderation to prevent people from pointlessly spamming and hijacking.

I was thinking that the Market Mod could be kinda like Chatbox Mod. Not a whole lot of power in general but Has the power to Moderate a portion of OSbot and give players warnings.

• Administrator

Just report any post considered as spam? We will instantly take care of it ;)

you do know your supposed to do more than handle reports right.. I was browsing topics not just "funny" ones... And was browsing pretty much every market topic... Mods need to realize they are not here to sit and talk to everyone 24/7 they need to just help when there are problems and work in keeping the forums clean. I don't understand why u think it needs to be reported for it t be removed.

I see raflesia talking to people more than he should he needs to be working on getting things right so many suggestions need to be implemented rules need to be re written because Kati wrote them and isn't staff anymore. Need to add a rule bar to the top of the site.

Also noticed mods sit in chat way to much and chat about random stupid stuff. There is a time and place for that. I remember me and Kati literally maybe 30 minutes were talking but in there for a few hours monitoring it and making sure it wasn't getting to bad. Also in no way am I saying ignore people im saying try focusing on more then reports

Maybe that's why I was not liked because I didn't have time to sit and talk to people all day, but not once were there as many reports as there is today.

Edited by Maldesto

Just report any post considered as spam? We will instantly take care of it wink.png

you do know your supposed to do more than handle reports right.. I was browsing topics not just "funny" ones... And was browsing pretty much every market topic... Mods need to realize they are not here to sit and talk to everyone 24/7 they need to just help when there are problems and work in keeping the forums clean. I don't understand why u think it needs to be reported for it t be removed.

I see raflesia talking to people more than he should he needs to be working on getting things right so many suggestions need to be implemented rules need to be re written because Kati wrote them and isn't staff anymore. Need to add a rule bar to the top of the site.

Also noticed mods sit in chat way to much and chat about random stupid stuff. There is a time and place for that. I remember me and Kati literally maybe 30 minutes were talking but in there for a few hours monitoring it and making sure it wasn't getting to bad. Also in no way am I saying ignore people im saying try focusing on more then reports

Maybe that's why I was not liked because I didn't have time to sit and talk to people all day, but not once were there as many reports as there is today.

If what I gathered from your post was correct, you don't want mods to talk about random things in the chat and instead focus on monitoring the chatbox or Forums (hard to understand)?

You can't actually expect any staff member of a Forum to be 100% serious at all times and not joke around/chat in the chatbox. The Forums are being monitored while they are chatting (from what I've seen).

P.S. - Respect from people (being liked) as a staff member doesn't come from sitting and talking to people, it comes from your work ethic as well as quality of work.

OT: I believe the current staff can handle it, with more focused moderation on the Market section.

Good idea though!

• Like 1

Just report any post considered as spam? We will instantly take care of it wink.png

If what I gathered from your post was correct, you don't want mods to talk about random things in the chat and instead focus on monitoring the chatbox or Forums (hard to understand)?

You can't actually expect any staff member of a Forum to be 100% serious at all times and not joke around/chat in the chatbox. The Forums are being monitored while they are chatting (from what I've seen).

P.S. - Respect from people (being liked) as a staff member doesn't come from sitting and talking to people, it comes from your work ethic as well as quality of work.

OT: I believe the current staff can handle it, with more focused moderation on the Market section.

Good idea though!

Honestly you'll never please everyone and that shouldn't be your goal. Why think irrationally? So what's left for the moderators to do is try to please the majority, as a second priority, leaving their responsibilities and roles as a member of the staff team at the top of the list. It's not difficult because you can do them at the same time. If you know how to tell someone they're in the wrong in a positive way while going on to your next task with maturity, you're an expert with communication. 

• Like 1