new the RS undergound

smokey_steel

HI i'm and old RS player from back in the 05 days. i've lurked the forums here for a few days and i'm hoping to supplement my real world income in a way my whore ex's can't track by making accounts to sell on the request forum.  any advice is welcome also i have no interest in botting so anything i do will be the old fashion way.

• Boge 1

hello and welcome!

my suggestion is that you start by doing services instead of making accounts for sale, maybe join a service at least to get some feedback. as a complete newcomer even when you do get 100 post count and are able to sell accounts people will most likely not be interested. it's too risky buying accounts from someone with no reputation as the original owner (you) can ALWAYS recover an account after it's been sold (doesn't matter what you do, it's still not 100% unrecoverable).

by joining a service you could gain reputation and eventually do your own thing.

thanks i though about working for others but i'm not sure how much time i'll have to put into this the reason i wanted to do accounts is because i can do as much or as little work as i have time for. i was planning on donating to the site for some credibility. also i'm making brand new gmails with every account which will go with the account. i might be able to do some work for some ppl but what kind of dead lines do they give for jobs?

11 minutes ago, smokey_steel said:

thanks i though about working for others but i'm not sure how much time i'll have to put into this the reason i wanted to do accounts is because i can do as much or as little work as i have time for. i was planning on donating to the site for some credibility. also i'm making brand new gmails with every account which will go with the account. i might be able to do some work for some ppl but what kind of dead lines do they give for jobs?

dont need to make actual emails for accounts 

16 minutes ago, smokey_steel said:

again, it won't matter what you do. the original owner can ALWAYS recover an account, even a year or more after it had been sold. you have the owner's IP, you know the exact information of when/where it was made. the one who makes the account will know all there is to know and be favorable when jagex decide who the account belongs to if you are ever to try to reclaim an account.

donating/whatever to the site might give you a little more credibility, but at least i can say that i don't care about the color of someone's badge. if you sell accounts then you could sell 4b worth of accounts over time then decide to scam quit and recover them all at once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokey_steel said:

HI i'm and old RS player from back in the 05 days. i've lurked the forums here for a few days and i'm hoping to supplement my real world income in a way my whore ex's can't track by making accounts to sell on the request forum.  any advice is welcome also i have no interest in botting so anything i do will be the old fashion way.

FYI there are requirements to sell accounts, also considering you're fresh off the register screen you'll find it difficult to find buyers.

I suggest primarily doing services and then selling gold once you've obtained it here: https://osbot.org/forum/forum/31-services/ https://osbot.org/forum/forum/44-selling/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokey_steel said:

best advice is enjoy :)

welcome !

2 hours ago, smokey_steel said:

What people fail to say is how you won't be making any serious amount of money doing what people suggest. Only the top 5% actually make a good amount and even then you are better off just getting a real job. This is mostly a side hustle at most, unless you live somewhere like Venezuela.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:59 PM, EzWin said:

What people fail to say is how you won't be making any serious amount of money doing what people suggest. Only the top 5% actually make a good amount and even then you are better off just getting a real job. This is mostly a side hustle at most, unless you live somewhere like Venezuela.

i'm planning on doing this as a side hustle i have a full time job i'm on a lay off for a few weeks so i thought this would be a good time to try starting something else that i can continue when i go back to work.

53 minutes ago, smokey_steel said:

i'm planning on doing this as a side hustle i have a full time job i'm on a lay off for a few weeks so i thought this would be a good time to try starting something else that i can continue when i go back to work.

Not hating on you, you do what you like, but I believe you will quickly realize how this takes up a lot of time and the returns are not that significant. Best of luck to you :)