Negative phone balance - HELP, lmfao..

AsBakedAsCake

I know this is pretty random but w/e, maybe someone can help me out:

I just paid my phone bill late last night, everything appeared to be normal.. payment confirmed, etc. I tried to make a call today early in the morning and it says "my service has been suspended for non-payment, if you have recently made a payment, please wait up to 2 hours for processing." I never got a text last night confirming the payment was made, which was a bit odd so I just assumed their automated system didn't send the text & everything was fine.

Today I check my email and it says: "Thanks for your $52.00 payment on account xxxxxxx, your account balance is now $-52.00." Why would the balance be negative after paying/my service is still suspended? The store isn't open yet today, however I'm afraid this will turn into a raging argument as they don't speak English very well at all. I'm just trying to figure something out before I leave.

Any advice appreciated, I've never had negative balance before on anything so I don't know what to do.

3 minutes ago, Furious 7 said:

Are you sure it's not a scam email?

It's the same email I get every month after making my payment, just for whatever reason this time I've paid the $52.00 I owe and I've received the email stating there is still a -$52.00 balance. I'm not sure if this is a bug on their end or what, I pay my bill every single month :/

The next call you make should be with your provider to sort this mess out. If you think you've been grossly overcharged, then state your case with them, see if you can reach an agreement, or if that fails, try and break out of your contract as early as possible.

Pay as you go has it's downsides, but ensures that I'm never overcharged. You might wish to consider it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

It's the same email I get every month after making my payment, just for whatever reason this time I've paid the $52.00 I owe and I've received the email stating there is still a -$52.00 balance. I'm not sure if this is a bug on their end or what, I pay my bill every single month :/

Maybe an error? Good luck. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Furious 7 said:

Maybe an error? Good luck. 

Fingers crossed this is an error! Thanks for the kind words.

8 minutes ago, liverare said:

The next call you make should be with your provider to sort this mess out. If you think you've been grossly overcharged, then state your case with them, see if you can reach an agreement, or if that fails, try and break out of your contract as early as possible.

Pay as you go has it's downsides, but ensures that I'm never overcharged. You might wish to consider it.

Appreciate the advice! I'll be making calls soon, if all fails - I guess it's off to the store to raise absolute hell ?

• Heart 1

best advice i can give, ring your provider with a, 0 shits given attitude, these corporate companys generally dont give a fuck about you, make it clear you are in charge of the conversation, demand an explanation and if not talk to a manager, technically under contract these companys have to provide you with a service, if they are failing to provide this service, you may be able to get out of contract, threaten fraud action and 99.9% of the time, itll be sorted within minutes

hope you get the right answers

• Like 1

UPDATE:

Alright boys, I got it sorted out. First I tried calling, I was put on hold for about 30 minutes before I just hung up and went to the store. Once I got to the store and explained everything + showed proof of payment, it took them over 2 HOURS to get it sorted.

After a while of waiting inside the store, I asked if the problem was on my end or theirs. They assured me I did everything correctly and the problem was completely their fault. Apparently their "automated" system "accidentally" translated my $52.00 payment into a negative $52.00 payment. I cannot believe how long it took them to actually sort this out - I'm glad to be home. I really hope this never happens again. To make up for THEIR mistake, they gave me 48 hrs of free usage which is pretty lame to be honest but I'll take what I can get.

Just figured I'd fill anyone interested in on my experience, oh god... what a day. Thanks for all the support guys!

16 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

UPDATE:

Alright boys, I got it sorted out. First I tried calling, I was put on hold for about 30 minutes before I just hung up and went to the store. Once I got to the store and explained everything + showed proof of payment, it took them over 2 HOURS to get it sorted.

After a while of waiting inside the store, I asked if the problem was on my end or theirs. They assured me I did everything correctly and the problem was completely their fault. Apparently their "automated" system "accidentally" translated my $52.00 payment into a negative $52.00 payment. I cannot believe how long it took them to actually sort this out - I'm glad to be home. I really hope this never happens again. To make up for THEIR mistake, they gave me 48 hrs of free usage which is pretty lame to be honest but I'll take what I can get.

Just figured I'd fill anyone interested in on my experience, oh god... what a day. Thanks for all the support guys!

glad to hear this! 48hour usage is shit but make sure you kill it lol, connect all devices to your mobile hotspot and see how much you can rob them for!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AsBakedAsCake said:

UPDATE:

So pathetic they had to take their time to know such small stuff. Good to hear it at least got solved and you didn't have to spend another $52 ?

• Like 1