how to talk ingame

chaotic1513

So basically you want to reply if a player is within range? Could do something like this.

Edit: Just so you are aware this will spam that set phrase over and over assuming player(s) stay in distance.

private boolean isOtherPlayerWithinDistance(final int distance) {
        for(final Player player : getPlayers().getAll()) {
            if(player != myPlayer() && player.getPosition().distance(myPosition()) < distance) {
                return true;
            }
        }
        return false;
    }

@Override
    public int onLoop() throws InterruptedException {
    	if(isOtherPlayerWithinDistance(5)) {
    		getKeyboard().typeString("Im just botting dont mind me kind sir!");
    	}
        return 800;
    }

Edited by DeadPk3r

4 minutes ago, dogetrix said:

this is the kind of thing that ends up with this:

There was one 10 times funnier when someone just kept saying random messages with "str" in them and then like 12 green dragon bots would say their strength levels. But I can't find it. Maybe you'll help make the next video?

I remember there was one along time ago where if a jmod/pmod said anything in chat would say something like "Sorry my moms calling me dinner is ready" and logout and there was a clip of like 7 or so bots all saying that then logging lol.

Edited by DeadPk3r

58 minutes ago, Muffins said:

? no need to be rude. I honestly did look and couldn't find anything. thanks for the info with the smartass remark

Ehh, this is of course all just speculation ( big bag of bullshit, ignore this ) , and I am assuming your intentions, but I highly doubt having a bot chat will help with anything. To make it decently realistic or unique it would take a lot of time, and memory. I can't really think of a use case for it other than "anti-ban", but just like the video above you will get something similar unless you are clever, and create something like say cleverbot ( ahahahaha i am very funny guy ). But think what Jagex cares about, they probably aren't really monitoring the chat logs as if they were they most likely aren't stripping the text information and checking how realistic it is. If they are just checking chat count ( aka amount of times text is chatted), then you could just chat at the frequency around a human does, but that would be way to easy to develop and Jagex isn't retarded and definitely has some easier ways to catch bots than chat.

My point is, if you are thinking that it could be potentially useful antiban... You most likely are wrong, it might decrease your ban rate marginally at best. But again how could I know this, I am just imagining if I was Jagex, maybe you know better than I, and Jagex really is looking at how realistically and how much someone has chatted. But I honestly don't think they even take chat logs into account at all, unless someone reports you chatting and saying something rude.

Now don't let that deter you, as a computer science project I think the task is really fun, and creating something that attempts to mimic human speech is very fun, so I really think you should do this if it is something you are interested. I know everything I just said might deter someone, but really it would be great experience, I just want to make sure you understand how I see the usefulness of a chat bot application in RS, I personally am very skeptical, good luck, again please don't let what I said deter you, every line of code you write will help you on your journey of becoming the next Terry A Davis.

On 7/16/2018 at 1:10 AM, chaotic1513 said:

? no need to be rude. I honestly did look and couldn't find anything. thanks for the info with the smartass remark

You "searched everywhere" for a way to type in-game when there's a class called Keyboard. He's not being rude when saying you obviously didn't search everywhere or very hard. He's calling you out on your bullshit. If you don't want people to give you a reality check that comes off rude, don't act like you've done all you could have to find an answer. You type in game with a keyboard, you should probably look under the Keyboard class. Moron

Edited by Gnomedesto