What Can I do better? Why did I get banned?

Lyleblack

Reposting from Perfect Magic AIO because I never got a response from anyone. Got a 24h ban about two weeks ago. Please help me figure out why?

Max 8 hours per week, max 2 hours per day. Ran on average 1 to 2 hours straight but never two days in a row. Usually did things after. It was injection mode and not mirror as I am not VIP. Worked well for about 4 million mage exp but now I am scared to continue. Only botted bank-standing in crowded worlds. Also was using the osbot client from May. Should I have been re-downloading weekly? Perhaps the client was tagged? Are there several issues? Can I bot in the future? Any advice? Thank you so much.

15 minutes ago, Lyleblack said:

Reposting from Perfect Magic AIO because I never got a response from anyone. Got a 24h ban about two weeks ago. Please help me figure out why?

Max 8 hours per week, max 2 hours per day. Ran on average 1 to 2 hours straight but never two days in a row. Usually did things after. It was injection mode and not mirror as I am not VIP. Worked well for about 4 million mage exp but now I am scared to continue. Only botted bank-standing in crowded worlds. Also was using the osbot client from May. Should I have been re-downloading weekly? Perhaps the client was tagged? Are there several issues? Can I bot in the future? Any advice? Thank you so much.

These types of questions seem to be recycled and used in different words every now and then on this forum. But the answer will always be the same; botting equals a risk at getting banned - no matter what. 

However I can see why these topics are being created as you're on a botting forum so why the hell not right? If people just took a few minutes or hours to search around already existing topics and even google search - usually you'll get all your questions answered whether it's the answer you like or not

Now for 'strategies' for botting can be done however it's going to be different for everyone as someone will be able to suicide bot for days on end without breaks and end up not getting banned whilst others, like yourself, will get banned with minimal usage.

So to sum up, you can take different approaches to minimize botting bans which you can find these 'strategies' all over this forum and google if you take the effort to actually search, but you'll always run a risk at getting banned.

15 minutes ago, D Bolter said:

what method did you bot using that script? alching or? 

Plank make!

17 minutes ago, ikos9 said:

These types of questions seem to be recycled and used in different words every now and then on this forum. But the answer will always be the same; botting equals a risk at getting banned - no matter what. 

However I can see why these topics are being created as you're on a botting forum so why the hell not right? If people just took a few minutes or hours to search around already existing topics and even google search - usually you'll get all your questions answered whether it's the answer you like or not

Now for 'strategies' for botting can be done however it's going to be different for everyone as someone will be able to suicide bot for days on end without breaks and end up not getting banned whilst others, like yourself, will get banned with minimal usage.

So to sum up, you can take different approaches to minimize botting bans which you can find these 'strategies' all over this forum and google if you take the effort to actually search, but you'll always run a risk at getting banned.

I guess I did word incorrectly. I am mostly looking for what I can improve on rather than why I got banned. Sorry for that. I know I would eventually get banned. I am just hoping to bot again at some point and do it better.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lyleblack said:

Plank make!

I guess I did word incorrectly. I am mostly looking for what I can improve on rather than why I got banned. Sorry for that. I know I would eventually get banned. I am just hoping to bot again at some point and do it better.

It depends on how you bot and where you bot, I normally bot one skill for a little while for lets say woodcutting for 1 hour, Then bot fletching for 1 or 2 hours then bot lets say firemaking for 1 hour and then go back to woodcutting, I will bot the skill I want the highest level in for most hours a day, While botting other skills and quests, With this method I managed to get an account 7 99's before it got banned, Only got banned I think due to heading to the beach while botting agility, It botted agility for around 6 hours straight before I realized I left my bot running and rushed home. 

I think something that is important is how you initially start off putting hours into an account. I feel like accounts get watched more carefully if they are new and playing a lot. Following this line of thinking I always start an account either playing legit or botting something low banrate for not many hours a day. Not until after having established a few hours into the game do I start botting 8+ hours with maybe some riskier methods.

On 7/16/2018 at 7:24 PM, Marsman19 said:

Did you also play legit or only logged on to bot?
I believe the location is also important, personally i would avoid crowded places.

This is something I used to think aswell. Avoid crowded places but actually the opposite appears to be effective. Bot in crowded places because there are so many other people talking and doing there thing, you are not going to stand out. For example, if you bot smithing, do it at varrack in the most crowded world. Chances are that its going to be 15 people smithing there, running to the bank and back. Talking and whatnot. If you go to yannile or some other strange place to bot smithing just not to get caught, people will think, wait why in gods name is someone here smithing. I got 99 fletching and smithing in Varrock world 2. 

I also would suggest to limit hours played legit on the account. If you put time into the account, you are going to regret it getting banned when it eventually does. Just bot quests for like couple of hours in between to mix things up. Also get willy bankloots guide on how to prevent getting bans from his youtube channel. There is a lot of information in there that is helpfull. 

Edited by Yowhite

9 hours ago, Yowhite said:

This is something I used to think aswell. Avoid crowded places but actually the opposite appears to be effective. Bot in crowded places because there are so many other people talking and doing there thing, you are not going to stand out. For example, if you bot smithing, do it at varrack in the most crowded world. Chances are that its going to be 15 people smithing there, running to the bank and back. Talking and whatnot. If you go to yannile or some other strange place to bot smithing just not to get caught, people will think, wait why in gods name is someone here smithing. I got 99 fletching and smithing in Varrock world 2. 

I also would suggest to limit hours played legit on the account. If you put time into the account, you are going to regret it getting banned when it eventually does. Just bot quests for like couple of hours in between to mix things up. Also get willy bankloots guide on how to prevent getting bans from his youtube channel. There is a lot of information in there that is helpfull. 

some ppl snipe the crowded worlds and report like an entire pile, that may cause flagged accounts and bans

whatever you do, don't bot on that account again. unless you really don't care about it. Be thankful that you only got a manual temporary ban, it could have been an automated perma tbh its just a roll of the dice with Jagex. If you ever bot on that account again, it will be banned within the hour. For future bots, the best way to avoid a ban is to bot less frequently and for shorter durations. just try to fly under the radar and be mindful of the amount of time the account is logged in. if you want to run a gold farm for 2 accounts at a time (limit without VIP), dont just make 2 accounts; make 8 accounts and alternate their time played so that the individual accounts do not seem too suspicious. Also, never use proxies. that shit is sus af

For myself, I had moderate success at botting without getting banned. Most recently, my account I'm playing on (my main) has almost all of its stats botted. However, I have probably played on the account legit an equal amount of time just to get barrows gloves, for all of the quests involved as well as doing other skills legit like getting 1 - 50 range.

I changed my computer name after I got banned the first time and haven't gotten banned since.