Suggestion: Stop Multi-Threading in Services

Jackthedon

I don't see any need for people to have multiple threads for different services. All this does is push down other people and takes up so much of the front page ESPECIALLY when combined with bumping via botting. (I'm against this also because if you're not able to bump it yourself you're not able to take orders surely so what do you need to be first page for, but we'll ignore this for now)

Many people combine services such as Firecapes/PC/BA/Levelling/Questing all into one thread successfully so I don't see any reason why people should have multiple threads separating them all up. The only reason is that they get more coverage and push others out of view and I don't think it should be allowed.

There are only 6 spaces available on the front page as it stands. People such as DBuffed and Lost Panda already have everything combined however all it would take is two people auto-bumping three threads and you're already second page. I'd love to be able to look at the front page and see 6 different active service owners.

This is all my opinion and I'm open to any other perspective. I don't stand to make any gain myself from this.

Apologies if this has already been addressed or discussed previously.

Edit: One possible secondary solution: Extend the Bump Rule to per section rather than per thread. This way threads wouldn't be removed but it wouldn't allow the same level of dominance from a single person. If they wish to keep multiple threads they can prioritise which they wish to bump and have more coverage. Just a thought.

Edited by Jackthedon
Additional comment
  • Like 3

I didn't read the whole thread but I do agree.

People like @geoffrey456 do not need 10 threads that offer the same shit that you can hide in spoilers.

I own 1 thread, my 1 thread contains EVERYTHING my services offer. Could you imagine if I went over that? I could have 15 different threads or so for different types of accounts I want to sell, 4 different threads for different services, it's just an overload and not required in order to market as it just pushes people below the line who want to actually offer legit work.

Big support, no need to have 3 threads and bump them all at once in one section and when people bump multiple threads at once it's kind of obnoxious and unnecessary.

I'm also opposed to bump botting, not everyone has access to it, but this IS a botting site so I guess I can't complain about that.

Edited by Aromafab
i forgot how to read help pls

9 minutes ago, Dbuffed said:

I didn't read the whole thread but I do agree.

People like @geoffrey456 do not need 10 threads that offer the same shit that you can hide in spoilers.

I own 1 thread, my 1 thread contains EVERYTHING my services offer. Could you imagine if I went over that? I could have 15 different threads or so for different types of accounts I want to sell, 4 different threads for different services, it's just an overload and not required in order to market as it just pushes people below the line who want to actually offer legit work.

SUPPORT

This.

There's 3/4 people who literally have 5 threads so I agree.... Torso/defender, Firecape, Questing...all on separate threads. It's unfair on everybody else.

Spam, ability to knock other threads off page 1, pointlessness... I don't see how this would not be supported and approved.

Edited by siilentalk

One possible solution: Extend the Bump Rule to per section rather than per thread. This way threads wouldn't be removed but it wouldn't allow the same level of dominance from a single person. If they wish to keep multiple threads they can prioritise which they wish to bump and have more coverage. Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, John Cena said:

I agree, I always thought that having multiple service topics is pointless.

Pretty much man, and i'm going to take shots at everyone who has multiple threads here. Yep that's right, i'm going to be that piece of shit guy.

Now to educate people a bit, and no this doesn't affect my business related stuff. I do feel it does however impact those who are lower feedback, people who want to be the next market kings like @Garincha all the way to other people who just want this as a small passive income.

AIO = All in one, you do not NEED 10 threads offering 10 different things claiming they are all AIO service threads from you. If you're doing what @geoffrey456 has done, you should be including the service stuff all on the same thread, as that's what AIO is intended to be. IF you're doing what @Diann s doing, you're just pretty much spamming for the point of spamming the same threads similar to AIO, you are offering an AIO collection you should be putting them in 1 thread.

I have nothing against @Jordan and I like the guy as he is a good lad, but again there is no need to make multiple threads when you could abandon the 1 thread that maybe isn't getting as much custom and just add it to your original thread, avoiding less spam and giving people a chance to also branch out into the market and be seen properly without people just seeing my name/other yellow names/other blue names over clogging the market.

e3453fef893217d579901749a7df0a89.png

7146a8e07382ffe72ddbafe852bb3184.png

These two pictures above are from page #3, I found my service thread despite bumping it 24-48 hours ago on page #3-#4. 

For those that don't know, each page roughly holds 10-20 threads, so you can imagine how many threads you have to bump (30-60) in order to receive the backlogs of pages in the end. It's actually quite rude that people would dedicate their time to ruin the business for lower people who are now having to offer as an example @Account Merchant 25% off his sales to get seen properly.

37904f8172e06ad8492105c1dd49b018.png

23af5288e8453bd4cbc0d73ecde52f37.png

56313dccb79b8347c1146e9963f0d994.png

b1e10bf0e105169dc11bbf0d435efb5f.png

@Dbuffed I didn't want to come to pointing fingers but god damn that was necessary.
Now I don't have to be the only one.
In regards to your comment of diann spamming just look at this:
OBJtfoT1Q7eRlE7aHdfgtQ.png
almost 700 posts per month, like 20+ posts per day. THIS IS SPAMMING. However the rules aren't mine to make, but god damn i don't think that could be any more unnecessary.
It also makes them look like a more reputable vendor or servicer having 3k posts, please don't take this the wrong way, i'm not trying to discredit anybody, I'm sure they're legitimate and hard working.

• Like 1

@Jackthedon Couldn't agree more.

@Dbuffed Literally a perfect post showing how many people actually do it.

This isn't Sythe where we have our types of services in different subfroums (minigames, quests, etc). Make an AIO. Give an appropriate Title to your thread, hell, you might even draw in some extra customers by them not having to search for specific 'minigame' threads.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aromafab said:

@Dbuffed I didn't want to come to pointing fingers but god damn that was necessary.
Now I don't have to be the only one.
In regards to your comment of diann spamming just look at this:
OBJtfoT1Q7eRlE7aHdfgtQ.png
almost 700 posts per month, like 20+ posts per day. THIS IS SPAMMING. However the rules aren't mine to make, but god damn i don't think that could be any more unnecessary.
It also makes them look like a more reputable vendor or servicer having 3k posts, please don't take this the wrong way, i'm not trying to discredit anybody, I'm sure they're legitimate and hard working.

By all means post count is for shits and giggles really. 

I'm literally one of the biggest spammers along side Hero Of Time. It just looks too clunky if you're going to sit there spamming (well using a auto bumper in @Diann's case) for no purpose other than the market. I bump my threads 1-2 times a day averagely, all my other posts come from discussions and arguments.

12 minutes ago, Aromafab said:

Obviously there is going to be bias among servicers and people in the market section, however more people benefit from having a restriction on thread count per section than people that don't benefit from it.

(brb making a thread for every zulrah account i can make)

You are right here though, there is a bias and I don't deny I am bias personally. However, I could then get away with having 15 thousand middleman threads claiming to each different trade type just for the sake of it, that would be spamming & pointless. 

This is why I use the perms of being a veteran, I hide my own threads once I am done with them (or if I make a new one) - The same applies with anything service related, could you imagine my PS4 stuff... I make one for bloodbourne, I make one for fifa, one for COD, one for this stupid game and that stupid game no one would see past the 10'th page with just my threads alone. 

Whilst I do not wish to point fingers, despite it probably sounding like I am taking shots at certain service providers. I do feel that we have gone quite soft overall though, I do not blame this portion of the issue or any portion at that on the staff, but the community and website as a whole. We as the community should of had this seen to quicker, we however have been assholes ourselves and let them show the way they want it to be with a go free card.

1 minute ago, siilentalk said:

This thread cannot be ignored.

Being OSbot's highest service for the past year I would like to think they listen to my advice.

Not just the staff, but the community as a whole as it has an impact to everyone. 

We all grow feedback, and whilst I am currently in the top 10 for feedback, I would like to see some of the smaller names also growing (yourself included) but it seems with all these spam threads people are just able to bypass what should happen to further push their own greed.