$500 debt with Digital Ocean

Burundanga

2 hours ago, Burundanga said:

I deposited $5 with PayPal to Digital Ocean to try out their VPS's, I noticed I was able to make several VPS's,

so I made 10 of them and had them running for some time eventually accumulating a $500 debt. no money has been drawn from my paypal balance or anything

and they claim they can not automatically deduct from PayPal accounts like they can from credit cards.

what is likely to happen here? am I out of the woods if I don't pay or can they force my arm somehow? What are the consequences of me doing this over and over again on different accounts?

digitalocean.thumb.png.6a02e16d4aea5977b9c834ebe8642479.png

digitalocean2.png.a6f60ccc7c73f97be606bd1f770ce189.png

best thing you can do from my experience, instead of having debt collectors etc giving you calls every 10 minutes non stop every day or letters in the mail, you're better off working out a payment plan, i had a debt of $303.20 and they were willing to let me pay it off in monthly increments of about $27

1. What would happen if you don't pay your rent for your house?

2. You knew when you hired/rented a service from a company you had to pay; What has gotten into your mind to not wanting to pay?

3. I believe this thread is a troll anyway, every person on earth knows he or she is getting fined when you don't pay in time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burundanga said:

if the old mango lady gets in trouble ima have to pay up, would not be happy if something bad happened to her

I dunno man, the deforestation is pretty bad as of late :/

If u used someone else's identity to pay, that means if you get caught, you will be in some deep trouble my friend, you are better off just confessing to them that you used a fake identity and paying off the debts.

I'm surprised that 
1) You didn't look at the services/products you were buying to know how much they were going to cost.
2) How a company is willing to let a customer get to $500 negative account balance ('debt'). Could easily be avoided with an authorised payment scheme set up through PP or with your Bank.

But in regards to what you should do, depends on your circumstance. Just been skimming the comments and there is mention of it being someone else's identity/card? If that's true you're an idiot and I hope you get caught. If it's not, ring the company explain the situation and how you were not aware of the costs, maybe they'll cut you a break and help you out. You don't know till you contact them.

1 hour ago, Hi G00gle said:

1. What would happen if you don't pay your rent for your house?

2. You knew when you hired/rented a service from a company you had to pay; What has gotten into your mind to not wanting to pay?

3. I believe this thread is a troll anyway, every person on earth knows he or she is getting fined when you don't pay in time.

If you chargeback jagex after buying bonds with cvash they just ban your account like many other companys do.

So Its not that unlikely to think that they will just ban you from using their service cosndiering the message he gets just says that he will be suspended

Well to be fair DigitalOcean is a pretty big company, they're funded heavily. I would presume they won't take this hit sitting down. Unless you're truely confident that they cannot find you then you better start thinking of your plan. If you used your real identity then just do a payment plan if you cannot afford the whole bill at once. If however you used a fake identity so thats either fraud or false misrepresentation, then you'll likely get a knock on the door and a confiscation of all your electronics.

Don't drop the soap.

Also to note if they really are pursuing this, then someone may send them this topic and then oblidge OSBot to hand over your personal data. So now you're actually fucked, rippp.

Edited by John Cena

46 minutes ago, John Cena said:

Well to be fair DigitalOcean is a pretty big company, they're funded heavily. I would presume they won't take this hit sitting down. Unless you're truely confident that they cannot find you then you better start thinking of your plan. If you used your real identity then just do a payment plan if you cannot afford the whole bill at once. If however you used a fake identity so thats either fraud or false misrepresentation, then you'll likely get a knock on the door and a confiscation of all your electronics.

Don't drop the soap.

Also to note if they really are pursuing this, then someone may send them this topic and then oblidge OSBot to hand over your personal data. So now you're actually fucked, rippp.

*Forwards topic to tipoff@digitalocean.com* :kappa:

• Boge 2

47 minutes ago, John Cena said:

Don't drop the soap.

he's obviously using a VPS so OSBot shouldn't have his personal data

5 hours ago, Burundanga said:

oh rip, I guess I'm screwed then. gonna have to hide my kids and wife. if they take legal action, is there gonna be police and lawyers knocking on my door, or how does this work?

Yes, typically debt collectors or police with a warrant.