$500 debt with Digital Ocean

Burundanga

I deposited $5 with PayPal to Digital Ocean to try out their VPS's, I noticed I was able to make several VPS's,

so I made 10 of them and had them running for some time eventually accumulating a $500 debt. no money has been drawn from my paypal balance or anything

and they claim they can not automatically deduct from PayPal accounts like they can from credit cards.

what is likely to happen here? am I out of the woods if I don't pay or can they force my arm somehow? What are the consequences of me doing this over and over again on different accounts?

digitalocean.thumb.png.6a02e16d4aea5977b9c834ebe8642479.png

digitalocean2.png.a6f60ccc7c73f97be606bd1f770ce189.png

Edited by Burundanga

11 minutes ago, Muffins said:

Technically they have the grounds to pursue legal action so....

oh rip, I guess I'm screwed then. gonna have to hide my kids and wife. if they take legal action, is there gonna be police and lawyers knocking on my door, or how does this work?

1 minute ago, HawkGuide said:

I mean...it is over $500, I'm sure they'll attempt to get their money back. They got your address and information from PayPal when you sent the $5. Don't be surprised if you get anything in the mail or a debt collector starts calling you.

what if the address and info I used is of somebody who isn't me?

1 minute ago, Burundanga said:

oh rip, I guess I'm screwed then. gonna have to hide my kids and wife. if they take legal action, is there gonna be police and lawyers knocking on my door, or how does this work?

Your best bet is contacting them first. You can normally work out a deal to pay less, they'd rather do that then spend money getting your money. You could also contact them and say you'll give them x a month.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Muffins said:

thats... illegal...

what if the address and info I used to register with Digital Ocean and Paypal is of an old Lady living on a mango orchard who has no clue about computers or any of the sort?

would she end up in trouble because of this?

Edited by Burundanga
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Burundanga said:

what if the address and info I used to register with Digital Ocean and Paypal is of an old Lady living on a mango orchard who has no clue about computers or any of the sort?

would she end up in trouble because of this?

you really are a special kind of fucking stupid

• Like 4
  • Boge 2
  • Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Muffins said:

you really are a special kind of fucking stupid

21 minutes ago, HawkGuide said:

Honestly, I wanted to say the same(with more words), but didn't want to get in any type of trouble on the forums.

if the old mango lady gets in trouble ima have to pay up, would not be happy if something bad happened to her

11 minutes ago, geoffrey456 said:

They wont find u if u actually live there = 

I dunno man, the deforestation is pretty bad as of late :/

Edited by Burundanga