[Mac] How To Run Mirror Mode

ProjectPact

Mirror Mode on Mac OS

Updated: May 2021

Step 1: Go to the following addresses to download the OldSchool RuneScape and the newest OSBot client:

OSBot client: https://osbot.org/mvc/get

RuneScape client: https://www.runescape.com/downloads/OldSchool.dmg

Step 2: Please pay attention to this step, as it is different based on your computer specs (If you need help figuring out which chip you have, simply click on the apple icon on the top left corner of your screen, and click "About this Mac". It should open up a new screen that will tell you the type of processor your computer has):

Mac M1 Chip:

If you are on the M1 chip, you will need to download a special version of Java provided by Zulu. The link to the .dmg file may be found here. (Please make sure to download the correct one according to your system requirements. Remember, this is ONLY for M1 chip users)

https://www.azul.com/downloads/?version=java-8-lts&os=macos&package=jdk

OGOGmpZ.png

Mac Intel Chip:

If you are using the standard Intel chip, you may simply download the standard version of Java here:

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase-jre8-downloads.html

Step 3: After installing Java and the OldSchool RuneScape client, launch the official RuneScape client.

Step 4: Once the OldSchool RuneScape client is fully loaded, open up Terminal. (If you need to know how to open Terminal, simply go to the top right corner of your screen and look for the search icon. Click that icon and type "Terminal", then press enter. A new Terminal window should appear.)

Step 5: Now that Terminal is open, please type the following command and press enter:

java -jar [DRAG AND DROP CLIENT HERE]

5MBCQ4w.png

(Notice: where it says "[DRAG AND DROP CLIENT HERE]", you must literally drag and drop your client onto the Terminal window. This will automatically grab the location of the jar file for you so you do not have to type it out.)

Step 6: After a few moments, OSBot should launch. Select "Mirror Mode" and continue logging in as normal.

Step 7: After a few moments, the bot should successfully attach to the OldSchool RuneScape client!

If you run into any problems, please make sure you are in Fixed mode!

Please let me know if there is anything you are stuck on!

Edited by ProjectPact
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, EzWin said:

Makes it appear as if you are using one of runescape's default clients. Some people say there is less of a chance of ban but i'm not so sure. I have heard Jagex can't detect 3rd party clients. 

It's been done in the past, but if they were detecting clients you see everyone on this forum complain about a ban. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For some reason Firefox does not Support Java Plug-ins anymore. I have been reading up on this for about an hour. Everytime i try to load the webpage, it directs me to download the OS client instead of playing on the browser. First time this has happend, was working great last night. Java is just no longer supported as a plug-in. If you can help me i would greatly appreciate it. 

~Thankyou

2 minutes ago, say wassup said:

For some reason Firefox does not Support Java Plug-ins anymore. I have been reading up on this for about an hour. Everytime i try to load the webpage, it directs me to download the OS client instead of playing on the browser. First time this has happend, was working great last night. Java is just no longer supported as a plug-in. If you can help me i would greatly appreciate it. 

~Thankyou

Yeah same with chrome

maybe you can install an old version of firefox or something?

Edited by Robin Williams