Real world trading HELP [tips to not get banned]

Account Merchant

31 minutes ago, John Cena said:

For short term you can just switch IP and use fresh account, keep it 1-2 days and you're normally fine. Additionally doing it when Jagex are likely out of office is also a good idea. RWTing while using your main is risky business, I recommend you do MAIN -> Throwaway -> Buyer/Seller to be alittle more safer.

I've had times where I've sold some GP to a gold site and shortly after get a RWT ban. I've also had it where I've bought and got a ban shortly after. I've lost probably close to 1BILL with RWT bans and they always for me seem to happen when I use a mule too frequently within short time periods.

Using mains is much less risky but I wouldn't use main if I don't plan on holding the gp for more than a few days.

Would you suggest that your throwaway be on a separate IP than your main when you transfer?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Haha, doesn't anyone think this is too risky?
The method with the new proxy sounds very hackneyed, to be honest
"I heard putting it on a table in work and picking it up on your man is a good method to transfer gold"
Dude, this looks very dubious, haha
I didn't do that. In general, I think that there are very, very few ways to do this, and I can't think of or remember any of them.
recently, a friend of mine recommended me to read simple moving average where it was mentioned, but the full scheme of this action was not disclosed, and therefore I can not give an answer. I really wonder if anyone has come up with or is already using some way to perform such an operation...Haha, doesn't anyone think this is too risky?
The method with the new proxy sounds very hackneyed, to be honest

Edited by daviesjoan54

• 2 months later...

Jagex doesn't ban gold buyers. Forget all the nonesense about drop trading/staking if you're just planning on buying gold for your main. They have stated before that over half of all players have participated in RWT. They aren't going to ban half the entire player base. A mod was asked in the past of why buyers aren't getting banned, and he explained that buyers are different as they buy to play the game, not to profit from it. I've bought probably a couple hundred million OSRS over the past few years for supplies and bonds, and I've been fine.

(I dont want "just trade it, you wont get banned", because ive seen stories of people being banned doing this...)

These 'stories' of people getting banned are EXTREMELY rare, and it's because they were trading gold on flagged proxies and/or were botting their accounts. Jagex likes to throw RWT bans to botters over Macroing Majors because they don't want you squashing the ban in the future. If you truly insist that you may get banned, then the safest option is to buy gold from an actual player who seldom real world trades, as this seems least suspicious. 

Edited by stanleylai1