I died as a level 3 with 20m on me.

RoomScape

Going to pay @IlliniGuy. He said he's at GE and I'm like, that's not a big deal to walk there, I'll be right there!

I'm running from Lumby and then ran out of energy right after I past the farm guys in north-east lumby. I tell him I'm going to take a while - since I ran out of energy - and he's saying it's no problem. I clicked so my guy can walk and then I talk on Skype to some people. A minute later, I go back to go up through Varrock and I see my guy sitting in Lumby. I'm thinking...I know I was near Varrock...wasn't I? Questioning myself and what just happened for the past minute for a bit, I just realized I died, somehow, and lost my 20m stack. 

Bruh...

So now I'm responsible for this 20m. I run my little level 3 ass back there as fast as possible and telling @IlliniGuy that I died to see if he can get the GP before someone else picks it up. I'm running and stuff, panicking, not knowing how long ago I died since I was talking on Skype and not paying attention. I know when you die, other people can pick up your items after about five minutes or so. I'm running since I know there are usually noobs over there in F2P worlds training against weak mages and will shit their pants if they find 20m on the floor.

Luckily, I got it and gave this guy his 20m.

Moral of the story? Don't meet people anywhere besides the safety of Lumby bank. It's a dangerous world out there.

• Like 4
  • Boge 3
  • Heart 2

5 minutes ago, irwtonrs1 said:

The 20M would have stayed on the ground for an hour and then disappeared No one else would have been able to pick it up.

I forgot to include that.

Illini told me that after I already like rushed my ass off to go back and get it. -.-

I think I liked the old way more. If you die then everyone can get your loot. Kind of weird that no one can touch it if you die.

Is your loot only available upon death when you get PK'd?

8 minutes ago, Burundanga said:

I know, that change was so lame. I don't even get the purpose

were you playing during the ddos's before they changed this? people would be outside your door at arma and then the world would dc and you'd lose everything. It's not the best way but since people can always ddos like that I think it's needed

23 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

I forgot to include that.

Illini told me that after I already like rushed my ass off to go back and get it. -.-

I think I liked the old way more. If you die then everyone can get your loot. Kind of weird that no one can touch it if you die.

Is your loot only available upon death when you get PK'd?

Yuh I think so but not 100% sure. Also I'm pretty sure the osrs team has some sort of plan to change death mechanics at some point in the future from what they are now.  

20 minutes ago, IlliniGuy said:

were you playing during the ddos's before they changed this? people would be outside your door at arma and then the world would dc and you'd lose everything. It's not the best way but since people can always ddos like that I think it's needed

oh,  makes sense then. stupid DDoSers ?

bro the exact same thing happened to me but for me it was I xfered 50m to a mule then logged out a few days later forgot that acc had the cash stack and just turned on a script to go wc yews at g.e....I guess as it walked by those fucking black mages south of varrock it died aswell....thank god I ran back up and saw the stack on the ground its not like years before when u die like 3 minutes ur shit appears theres a longer delay now.