Re: Forum Rule Suggestion

1 minute ago, totedem said:

alright thank you. I can admit I may have been wrong saying its worthless even though that is my opinion. but the person just spamming some ridiculous price then bashing me on my worthless evaluation is not proper. 

My evaluation was fine. 20-30M easily and 50M if they hang on. As I said, a 70/70/70 account with void and 100+ qps can easily get 50m from the right buyer.

For sure; in this instance they would struggle as they don't have the reqs to sell, and are untrusted... but we are giving them a price check based on the account and not based on the seller.

Edited by siilentalk

3 minutes ago, siilentalk said:

He wasn't trying to sell. He just laid it out like he was... He posted it in the price check. I don't get where the contradictions are. You're fighting a losing battle here. I doubt anyone will agree with you.

his other post was taken down as he was trying to legit sell it so shut the fuck up already. I'm done with you go spam more pc with high evaluations. 

1 minute ago, siilentalk said:

My evaluation was fine. 20-30M easily and 50M if they hang on. As I said, a 70/70/70 account with void and 100+ qps can easily get 50m from the right buyer.

For sure; in this instance they would struggle as they don't have the reqs to sell, and are untrusted... but we are giving them a price check based on the account and not based on the seller.

the acc had a 2day ban on it aswell stop trying to make it like your in the right here. the threads were taken down and I lready told u I'm done with u man stop fucking blowing this shit out of proportion 

2 hours ago, w0000ticus said:

I think that price checking accounts should be limited to people with >100 posts. I know this will cause issues with the small percentage of the user base trying to get price checks on accounts when they are sub 100 posts but it will also eliminate any issues with people trying to bypass the posting limit to sell. There was one such post made earlier today. This helps eliminate (not wholly) some of the issues that occur with users who scam other users with account sales. I think this will also clear up any confusion about what the account sales and price check sections are for. This gives the OSBot staff the most information to work with as well as the interaction between the seller and the buyer would have started due to a sellers thread and not a PM conversation that leads offsite. Similarly this will stop any spam of users saying "It doesn't matter, you need 100 posts" on price checks and lower the amount of moderation the staff will have to do.

I realize any user dealing with someone who is under 100 posts is at their own discretion but the price check section currently facilitates the relationship between buyer and seller when that is what the account sales section should be for. Adding this post count will add another layer of security to marketplace transaction in regards to account sales. 

I understand the point you're trying to make, but I can't agree with it. Does it matter if people comment 'worthless' or '100m' if neither is the case? As a user already stated if the person thinks the account is worthless let him comment that. What's the big deal? You are giving a solution to a problem that I rarely (not to say never) hear the devs about. I understand that it might be annoying but hell there's a lot of annoying stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoomScape said:

Price check has nothing to do with the actual sale of an account. It’s simply getting an estimate. I don’t think there should be an requirement for you checking your account worth. 

How about instead, we just infraction the people who spam the market? There are too many threads where people just spam ‘worthless’, ‘not 100 pc’, etc when that’s not what is being asked. 

I agree with an infraction for spam in the marketplace, that was actually in the thread this one is "replying" to. Only chose that name cause I wasn't original enough for a new suggestion name. I'm more suggesting an extra layer of security for the price check area moving forward that limits that amount of work needed to be put forward.

50 minutes ago, Apaec said:

Regardless of the way it is, users shouldn't receive warning points for posting something as a reply to a thread unless they breach the general forum rules (e.g profanity)

As OP, if a reply was not what you were looking for, just ignore it.

Apologies, I'm not sure what you mean.

16 minutes ago, CJ7 said:

I understand the point you're trying to make, but I can't agree with it. Does it matter if people comment 'worthless' or '100m' if neither is the case? As a user already stated if the person thinks the account is worthless let him comment that. What's the big deal? You are giving a solution to a problem that I rarely (not to say never) hear the devs about. I understand that it might be annoying but hell there's a lot of annoying stuff.

It's seems I was unclear (or all the replies are confusing the situation) with what the intention was of this idea. The focus of most of the replies here are about the marketplace spam and while I don't agree that isn't part of this issue what I'm trying to talk about is the people who are less than 100 posts who only post price checks for the purpose of selling the accounts. Are the mods expected to moderate PMs for all those users who are less than 100 posts within the price check forum? It's very easy to contact one of those users and set up a deal onsite/offsite for their price checked accounts. Is that not breaking the rules? I also had only meant that by implementing this it would help combat the issue of comments, nothing more.

This thread has absolutely gotten out of hand, my bad.

1 hour ago, Apaec said:

Regardless of the way it is, users shouldn't receive warning points for posting something as a reply to a thread unless they breach the general forum rules (e.g profanity)

As OP, if a reply was not what you were looking for, just ignore it.

There are rules against spam. 

39 minutes ago, CJ7 said:

That’s considered spam and that should be an infraction. 

• Like 1

This is going way out of context. Basically the suggestion the OP is replying to is suggesting that 'this is worthless' or 'you don't have 100 posts so nothing' etc and posts of similar nature should be seen as spam. The OP is arguing that this should be allowed as sometimes people won't  be able to sell accounts as they're not trustworthy etc so nobody will buy it (just 1 example). However, just because someone is price checking an account doesn't mean they want to sell it, or sell it on OSB.. A lot of people also base their price checks on the trustworthiness, which is also stupid for the reasons i've just mentioned too.

21 minutes ago, RoomScape said:

There are rules against spam. 

There are rules against spam, yeah. But provided the comments are within the context of the thread (e.g reminding a user about the 100pc requirement if you believe there is a chance they wish to use the market on OSBot) then the post is perfectly valid and has no basis for an infraction.

3 hours ago, siilentalk said:

I'm sure they definitely value your evaluation, I mean... all that market and account selling knowledge

Edited by Darren
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

I'm sure they definitely value your evaluation, I mean... all that market and account selling knowledge

So why not make it so you need 1800+ post count to reply? Obviously that's what you need to have a general idea. My 13 years of playing Runescape is irrelevant.. but if you have 1800+ pc; it's different.

Another irrelevant response.

Edited by siilentalk

50 minutes ago, siilentalk said:

So why not make it so you need 1800+ post count to reply? Obviously that's what you need to have a general idea. My 13 years of playing Runescape is irrelevant.. but if you have 1800+ pc; it's different.

Another irrelevant response.

Your 13 years of 'playing Runescape' is irrelevant, how many accounts have you sold? how many accounts have you bought? That's the difference, pal.

And seeing as you suggested it, I hope they do. Stops morons like you thinking their market gods.

Spoiler

Another irrelevant response from a hypocrite

Edited by Darren

43 minutes ago, Darren said:

Your 13 years of 'playing Runescape' is irrelevant, how many accounts have you sold? how many accounts have you bought? That's the difference, pal.

And seeing as you suggested it, I hope they do. Stops morons like you thinking their market gods.

Hide contents

Another irrelevant response from a hypocrite

Who said I was a market god? It's just irritating when people ask for price checks and people reply with 'you're not trusted so its worth nothing'.... It's just stupid and anyone who disagrees is also stupid. Keep going though.